PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• klflosser
    klflosser Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thought I would ring Barclays and the number I chose happened to be the one that dealt with the credit card, not the loan. Having held on for some time got a very helpful gentleman who said my offer letter had been sent out on 9th August. He said it was for a very large amount, in excess of £18k!
    I have not received any offer letter, which evidently is meant to be returned within 10 days. They will send me out another offer letter tomorrow as it has missed todays post.
    I then rang the number for the loan PPI and they could not discuss it with me as he said it wasn't "on their system" and he could not ask me any security questions . I asked if they had the reference numbers logged and he said he couldn't discuss it. I explained the situation and that complaint was sent before April and he said if I hadn't heard by 31st August to ring again.
  • tifosi
    tifosi Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,

Update:

Just spoke to Halifax who are upholding my CC PPI complaint :T:T:T:T:T, which I cleared but had a one time balance of £17750 over a 4year period. They say an upheld/acceptance letter is in the post but it has no figures on it. I spoke to the Halifax about this they say they will still stick by the refund of all premiums and 8% interest.

My first question: Has anyone else experienced the 'no figure' acceptance letter?

My second question: Can anybody work out a possible figure?

Hi,

that needs WAY more info before anyone can hazard a guess at a likely settlement

What was the interest rate charged on the CC?

Was this the same rate charged on the PPI premiums?

Dont quite get the "One time balance of £17750" - how long did this high balance exist for, and when did it first reach that amount?

Can you give an example of a monthly premium you paid for PPI when it was at the highest balance?

:)
    -

Congratulations to all who have got their PPI back!

:T
  • DrSqueeze
    DrSqueeze Posts: 914 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got some good news today, the first of my Black Horse complaints has been upheld and they've offered me just under £700, which is more than I expected! :beer:

I've got another one 'pending' with them, so I hope they come to the same conclusion on that too :)
  • DrSqueeze
    DrSqueeze Posts: 914 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They say an upheld/acceptance letter is in the post but it has no figures on it. I spoke to the Halifax about this they say they will still stick by the refund of all premiums and 8% interest.

My first question: Has anyone else experienced the 'no figure' acceptance letter?
    Well done on your win! :beer:

I had one from the Bank Of Scotland which didn't have any figures, just a promise of a full refund plus interest. I'm still waiting for the cheque, so it will be interesting to see how much.
  • sunny8_2
    sunny8_2 Posts: 368 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

Update:

Just spoke to Halifax who are upholding my CC PPI complaint :T:T:T:T:T, which I cleared but had a one time balance of £17750 over a 4year period. They say an upheld/acceptance letter is in the post but it has no figures on it. I spoke to the Halifax about this they say they will still stick by the refund of all premiums and 8% interest.

My second question: Can anybody work out a possible figure?

Congratulations on your win :money::money::T:Txx
  • sunny8_2
    Options
    DrSqueeze wrote: »
    Got some good news today, the first of my Black Horse complaints has been upheld and they've offered me just under £700, which is more than I expected! :beer:

I've got another one 'pending' with them, so I hope they come to the same conclusion on that too :)

Congratulations :money::money::T:Txx
  • sunny8_2
    Options
    klflosser wrote: »
    Thought I would ring Barclays and the number I chose happened to be the one that dealt with the credit card, not the loan. Having held on for some time got a very helpful gentleman who said my offer letter had been sent out on 9th August. He said it was for a very large amount, in excess of £18k!
    I have not received any offer letter, which evidently is meant to be returned within 10 days. They will send me out another offer letter tomorrow as it has missed todays post.
    I then rang the number for the loan PPI and they could not discuss it with me as he said it wasn't "on their system" and he could not ask me any security questions . I asked if they had the reference numbers logged and he said he couldn't discuss it. I explained the situation and that complaint was sent before April and he said if I hadn't heard by 31st August to ring again.

WOW!! Congratulations :money::money::T:Txx
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    LynK wrote: »
    I asked for a full Subject access request, I actually downloaded the letter from these forums.
    If you have asked for a SAR,then you have complied with the payment for these,get back in touch and ask them what they want from you,and that you will put a complaint in to the ICO if you do not recieve all information they have have on your accounts.
  • amersall
    Options
    Obiewan wrote: »
    Just a quick Update posted a couple of year`s ago regarding a big win against First Plus ...... And after all the outrage regarding PPI both me and the wife have being quietly going about chasing most of the company`s who have charged PPI on a number of accounts we have held over the years ...... all with the templates from this site

Success`s as follows

Co-op Credit card Received £313 Wife`s account:j
    First Plus £700 + 330@ 8% PAYMENT IN 6 -8 WEEKS :mad: another account still out standing.
    M&S confirmed in a letter not only 1 of my wife`s` personal loans but 4 in total will be back to us in 4-5 weeks .:beer::T

Still outstanding

Barclaycard Credit card due for a reply by the 1st September .
    Yorkshire Bank personal loans 2 old accounts .....Wife`s`

Failures

M&S Charge Card

All i can say is a big thanks to Martin you and the team you all deserve Knighthoods :T

I will update you all when i have more news :j

Never give UP and Never Give IN :A
    :j:j:jAb Fab :money::money:
  • amersall
    Options
    sunny8 wrote: »
    OMG!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:beer:
    Cant believe it..after nearly an hour on the phone to MBNA, rang the loans line & asked a lovely girl called 'lisa' if she could look in to my file...and....YES...YES....YES.........paid out on both loans:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    I had 1 loan, then consolidated it after 18 months for a further 18 months....Lisa said my cheques have been raised and have went to be signed off so i should receive them within the next week or so....fingers crossed...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    I should be paid £2158.97 & £1320.66 wow, wow, wow!!
    She said the calculations should be with the letter!!!!:rotfl::rotfl:
    I will have never had so much money in my hand that is mine!!!:j:j
    As soon as the cheques are cleared they are going towards outstanding debts.. and then when my oh gets paid out on Natwest , we will hopefully be nearly debt free:j:j:j:j What a feeling that will be:A:A:A

Thank you to all you superstars on here, di, amersall, derwent, niggly, tifosi and ALL you out there ..as without your ongoing stories & support i wouldnt of done it!!!:j:j:j MWAH :p xx
    :j:j:jWell done :beer::beer: and you are very welcome xx :money:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure