Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Robin9 wrote: »
    Sorry - confused by Nekka tagging onto an old thread

Don't worry about it, easily done.
  • Nekka
    Nekka Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    So sorry am new here still trying to understand how it all works.. I got a call to go to branch with I!!!8217;d which I already did when I got out from the hospital. I have had to travel to the branch I opened my original account will update you how my day goes today. Thank you all
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    Lloyds would not suspend your account without very good reason. There are two sides to this story and we are only hearing it from your side. You certainly have done something to spook them.

You need to sit down quietly and think about transactions going into your account and you say you have of savings. This may be a worry to them how this money was amassed.

Looyds most certainly WOULD suspend your account without a very good reason. Mine was suspended like this:

1. had a 3 yr bond maturing (about £35 k I think) - proceeds paid into my 'main - used for 25 years' Lloyds current account.

2. opened a new account with Shawbrook (good 1 yr rate), xfer £5 from Lloyds (new payee, obviously), arrived safely so knew had correct account details etc

3. then tried £10k (leaving £25k to do) - blocked

4. as instructed, called fraud dept - answered their questions correctly - sorry, not passed security have to go into branch with passport etc etc. Internet banking suspended. In fact, all accounts suspended.

5. once in branch, had to talk to fraud dept from there, and then listen to a 5 min recorded message about not sending money to people who email you, call you out of the blue etc etc.

6. that's 2 hrs of my time I will never get back.

7. got home, had a look around, switched to NWide.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nekka wrote: »
    So sorry am new here still trying to understand how it all works.. I got a call to go to branch with I!!!8217;d which I already did when I got out from the hospital. I have had to travel to the branch I opened my original account will update you how my day goes today. Thank you all

Sounds positive. Good luck!
  • Nekka
    Nekka Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Just an update! I met a very helpful set of team at my branch trying to help as much as they could to get the block off but sadly they couldn!!!8217;t do much as the team who put the block has to be the one to take it off.. I have to wait till next week to see the outcome
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I'll be adding Lloyds to my 'do not touch with a barge pole' list.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    How big is your list so far
  • MABLE
    edited 1 April 2018 at 11:04AM
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    Looyds most certainly WOULD suspend your account without a very good reason. Mine was suspended like this:

1. had a 3 yr bond maturing (about £35 k I think) - proceeds paid into my 'main - used for 25 years' Lloyds current account.

2. opened a new account with Shawbrook (good 1 yr rate), xfer £5 from Lloyds (new payee, obviously), arrived safely so knew had correct account details etc

3. then tried £10k (leaving £25k to do) - blocked

4. as instructed, called fraud dept - answered their questions correctly - sorry, not passed security have to go into branch with passport etc etc. Internet banking suspended. In fact, all accounts suspended.

5. once in branch, had to talk to fraud dept from there, and then listen to a 5 min recorded message about not sending money to people who email you, call you out of the blue etc etc.

6. that's 2 hrs of my time I will never get back.

7. got home, had a look around, switched to NWide.

Come on this is a pre April fools joke. Nice one!:rotfl:

However the one on the day was just as brilliant regarding the £1500. Keep them coming,
  • OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    Come on this is a pre April fools joke. Nice one!:rotfl:
    HARdly!. It was posted on 31 March.
    To count as an April fool's joke it must be posted on the day. :D
  • MABLE
    Options