Lloyds have frozen my account

Options

Comments

• Tashakay
    Tashakay Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    It didn’t state I can now access fund it just said investigations complete. And when I went there last week they said they need to futher investigate the bank the wire came from and that it would take two weeks to do that. I am running out of patient with this bank as I don’t get why they would send me a letter saying investigation completed and still futher investigate while holding all my life savings
  • Tashakay
    Options
    I also saw on the app that I was charged some money for indemnity recovery whatever that means!!! Please someone help
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you contacted the writer of the letter ? Is there an email or phone number or an address. ? Preferably write.

Ignore the bank branches they cannot help.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tashakay wrote: »
    I also saw on the app that I was charged some money for indemnity recovery whatever that means!!! Please someone help

Indemnity recovery suggests a direct debit you asked them for money back has been challenged by the originator and have debited you back--- ring any bells?
  • Tashakay
    Options
    Well like I said my uncle sent me this money and I guess I can get helpful replies as to how long it would take to unblock my account and not telling me he didn’t send me money when the money is sitting right in my account but blocked
  • Tashakay
    Options
    Thanks the letter was from fraud department and when I got to the bank they said fraud department is not through with investigation as they put a call across to them and they said this would take two weeks
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    How much did your uncle send you?
    What were your plans with the money - before they blocked your account?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Indemnity recovery suggests a direct debit you asked them for money back has been challenged by the originator and have debited you back--- ring any bells?

Have you missed this question OP ?
  • Tashakay
    Options
    It’s £25000 and the money was to buy a house. Meanwhile the money is still in my account I can see it there it’s just I can’t do anything with the account so how is that possible that the money has been sent back when I can still see it and my account is still blocked with investigation going on...please help I am confused
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Robin9 wrote: »
    Have you contacted the writer of the letter ? Is there an email or phone number or an address. ? Preferably write.

Ignore the bank branches they cannot help.

Have you been in touch with Lloyds as per my earlier suggestion ?

There is no point pushing for advice from this forum - plenty has been given and the consensus is that the Banks (may even be the US Bank) smell a rat and that something is not right ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport