The end of procrastination and disorganisation.......

Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well today had been an eye opener.

I have been to the house of an aquaintence to fit an alteration. I have known this person for a long time and had a very set image of their home in my imagination, think traditional and spotless. I hate to say this but

OMG:eek::eek::eek:

Excuse my language, but what a bl00dy sh%#hole. The whole house was like a tip.

I'll tell you something but it takes a lot for me to walk back into my house and think its not too bad compared to what I've just seen. :rotfl:

Its another boost to keep me going. I would rather have mine to sort out than that one.

I do have some very bad areas which are going to take a LOT of work but I have some cleared areas, thank goodness.

Its amazing how the strangest thing can change your perception of what is true and what's not.

Have a great day all.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    It's funny how we have a image of someone's personal space with how some people carry themselves.......I've had a few shockers myself xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,120 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It was probably a huge contrast to the lovely house you went to the other day - well, guess which one you are getting more like!

Cleared areas make a difference, don't they. Just one pretty surface makes me feel better about a room.

My decluttering is inching along - a bag of books has gone today then I found a couple more to go this evening, plus some clothes I don't think I want any more, and another fat handful of papers.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • parsniphead
    Options
    :rotfl: A complete contrast. Totally then other end of the scale.:eek:

I'm still feeling positive about the challenge ahead. It is a challenge but I now know its achievable. I'm a very visual learner so I needed to see that house to understand.

I have a few things to do with the small person today then a bit more throwing out. I do have to admit though the 15 bin bag challenge has failed so far, mainly because I've lost the bin bags.:o:p;)

Right off I go. Have a good day all. X

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I do have to admit though the 15 bin bag challenge has failed so far, mainly because I've lost the bin bags.:o:p;)

That is so me, really made me laugh. I'd best get looking for mine too :p
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well you've had both the carrot and stick as motivators so either or both should work.
    You are sounding motivated
    15 bags seems like an awful lot?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Good luck Parsnip you can do it :beer:. (If you can't find the bin liners buy new ones).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • parsniphead
    Options
    That is so me, really made me laugh. I'd best get looking for mine too :p

Found em. Took most of the day to track them down while decluttering.:rotfl:
    Well you've had both the carrot and stick as motivators so either or both should work.
    You are sounding motivated
    15 bags seems like an awful lot?

I'm very motivated at the moment. :D Fifteen bags is a lot but I have a lot to get rid of. Definitely more than fifteen bags worth. :o

Well its been a busy old day. Most importantly I managed to do a major declutter of DS's hair.:T Its been weeks in the persuading. He know longer looks like Wurzel Gummage.:rotfl:

Apart from that and a bit of sewing I have focussed on decluttering the sewing room. This has been ongoing for a long time but today I have made a difference. I have lots left to do but hopefully I can get it done in a couple of days. Once its done the bay roof can be sorted, repairs can be done and I can start thinking about redecoration.

The kitchen is a future project as its from early 60's and has nearly fallen apart. Just bits of it left. I have a bit of decluttering to do but a day maximum should do it.

Again the bedroom would take half a day decluttering then on to repairs and redecoration, including finishing painting the ceiling i started 14 years ago.:o

There is a cupboard in the bedroom but that's a big project and could take a day or two. Its one of my bad hotspots.

The bathroom needs a new basin and complete redecoration. I guess this could be achieved quite quickly. Apart from old potions there is not much to declutter here.

The sitting room needs a big redecoration, a bit of decluttering and some dressing. Prior to all that a good dust and polish will help. Oh and the carpet needs visiting by the rug doctor again.

The cellar.......HELP.......its full of junk. Its going to be a big job but needs sorting. Luckily all junk has gone here and there is nothing in my loft. :j

The garden sheds (I have three) need decluttering too. So much carp to get rid off. I think I will he to know the tip folks very well.

DS's bedroom......always an ongoing job but its getting better.:rotfl: Well for now.;)

The spare room. This is another massive job. Definitely two or three days at least. Some of DS's old toys are in here too. I'm getting better at getting rid of his stuff but still find it hard.

Regarding decorating the whole house needs doing but the windows and rewiring need doing first.

Finally the for don't and back garden needs some work. This is an enjoyable job really and will provide some relaxing downtime from the house stuff. It will be interesting to see what happens this year now the big conifer has been chopped.

The main positive from this week is I can see a difference. I can see others would have much more to do if they wanted too, so I'm lucky really;) and with some work I can achieve what I want.

Anyway time to get the small person to bed. He's had a late night tonight which is unusual but once in a while won't hurt him.

Have a fab night and a great Friday. Xxx

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The main positive from this week is I can see a difference. I can see others would have much more to do if they wanted too, so I'm lucky really;) and with some work I can achieve what I want.
    Go Parsniphead :T:T
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,120 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    That sounds as though the progress is gathering momentum! Go you! :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family