MSE News: TSB customers STILL unable to use online banking after weekend upgrade

Options

Comments

• Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options
    I'm still unable to get into my account as of today.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If I pay into one of my TSB savings accounts and back out into the current account, instead of an external account, will this meet the minimum pay in requirement?

Yes or even a swap between 2 saving accounts.
    Also, I don't want to risk confusing TSB staff, just in case they see a sum for the same amount (as the missing money) entering my account and wrongly assume that the missing money has been returned. To get around this I was going to do two sets of payments of £250 from the TSB current account to the TSB savings account and back. Will this be sufficient to meet the minimum pay in requirement or does the £500 need to be deposited in one go?

TIA!
    Yes two payments totalling £500 works for sure, or just do one for £500.99 say..
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Still can't order statements online... Hope that is fixed soon
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    On the CC DDs the TSB page says

"There have been some issues with direct debits being paid for TSB credit cards. We’re really sorry about this. We are investigating the problem and if your payment to your TSB card hasn’t been triggered we will be in touch to let you know, and will try to take the payment on your next due date. You will not be charged any extra interest or fees as a result of a delayed direct debit, and there will be no impact on your credit record.

You don’t need to contact us about this – we will be making corrections to any extra interest that you may see on your credit card account."

Thanks for finding this - I had been wondering what was going on with the credit card payments.

I have a 0% BT credit card at TSB with a monthly DD set up from Halifax to pay it at £20/month (higher than the minimum) towards the end of the month.

The DD has not come out of my Halifax account. The weird thing is that it does appear as having been received on 27 April on my TSB credit card statement and balance. This means at the moment I am up by £20.

I wonder if that will be spotted, since the TSB system shows it as paid?

Actually I'm only up by £17 as the non-collection of the DD in April means I have not met the criteria for my £3 Halifax reward, which is annoying. If they correct it and take £40 in May I will actually be £3 down as a result of the error - an irritating amount as it's not really big enough to complain about!
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Got my 2nd letter today from TSB with regards my complaint. It basically said that I can go the ombudsman anytime and they will agree with the ombudsman to consider my complaint if it outside the 6 month period.

Mmm...I think that I will just wait.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for finding this - I had been wondering what was going on with the credit card payments.

I have a 0% BT credit card at TSB with a monthly DD set up from Halifax to pay it at £20/month (higher than the minimum) towards the end of the month.

The DD has not come out of my Halifax account. The weird thing is that it does appear as having been received on 27 April on my TSB credit card statement and balance. This means at the moment I am up by £20.

I wonder if that will be spotted, since the TSB system shows it as paid?

Actually I'm only up by £17 as the non-collection of the DD in April means I have not met the criteria for my £3 Halifax reward, which is annoying. If they correct it and take £40 in May I will actually be £3 down as a result of the error - an irritating amount as it's not really big enough to complain about!

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5835493
  • fun4everyone
    fun4everyone Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Are we ever going to be able to open accounts online again?

https://www.tsb.co.uk/help/online-application-status/

Love how they still advertise here monthly saver can be opened online

https://www.tsb.co.uk/savings/monthly-saver/

First world problems.
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    First world problems.

They are the importance sort. If the First World doesn't function the rest of the world starves.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    kidmugsy wrote: »
    They are the importance sort. If the First World doesn't function the rest of the world starves.

Did i really just read that?
  • No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    and why would anyone want to open a TSB account at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure