Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I would've lost the plot by now, it's getting too late to eat, what's he playing at :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,478 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Too late to eat.
    I would not sleep properly.
    I am going to bed soon :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It's lucky he only cooks once a week :eek:. He does a lovely pasta bake though :).

We've eaten now and I'm on the cider :beer: :D
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    I had a nice gin last night. I don't like normal gin, just the liquor things. I love them.

Anything nice planned for today? x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I'm another one who couldn't cope with eating that late. On the other hand i am grateful for anything somebody else cooks, whatever the time is.
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    My OH is exactly the same, I’ve seen us sitting down to eat near to 9 and I’m ready to eat the table or kill him because I’m so hungry :o
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    My DH always seems to take longer with the cooking too!!! Maybe we just don't realise how long it takes when were in the kitchen doing a million jobs!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    OH never cooks:(. He can just about manage to make himself a slice of toast and a cuppa soup when I'm unexpectedly out for a few hours:eek:. Even then I often come back to a smoky kitchen, he hasn't yet mastered the knack of coping with a temperamental toaster:rotfl:. If I know I'm going to be out for a long time I usually leave him some sandwiches. I must be mad:o

As I'm in sole charge of the cooking schedule I make sure we eat at a reasonable hour although with our current lack of electric points and my having to juggle the different elements of the meal (not literally of course:rotfl:) we are tending to eat later every evening despite my best intentions:eek:. It was nearer to 7 last night than the usual 6.15:(

I hope everyone is keeping warm today. The ice has just melted off my car windscreen. Good job I don't need to go anywhere, it's perishingly cold today with grey skies. I think we are set for sleety showers soon, if not real snow.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    OHs and cooking eh :doh:.

We eat between 7 and 8 when I cook, but we're a house full of adults. I think I'd be hungry before bedtime if I ate earlier than 7 :o. You do well to manage Carboot with your electrical issues.

We were planning on going to a National Trust place for a walk, but I'm shattered after doing over 17,000 steps yesterday :eek: and DH and DS1 said they feel tired too. It also looks like rain.

It means I'll have time to do ironing, washing, etc. I've already emptied all the bins in the house and tidied up a bit.

DS3 is having till training tonight at work, that seems like a good sign to me :).

Have a good Sunday everyone :).
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    My OH does most of the cooking. It's not always what I would choose to eat but it's made for me. Also, he tends to hover if I'm cooking which I find so annoying that it's easier just to let him get on with things. Only prob is that he can't tidy as he goes. So infuriating.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback