talk me down please

Options

Comments

• seven-day-weekend
    Options
    Don't tell me tomcat has gone walkabout?

Re cat carrier - We had one that was in two halves, so one person could hold the cat pinned down while the other snapped the top half in place and shut the gate. My suggestion, as a thought experiment, is have two people, one holding an evil ball of fury wrapped in a towel and the other bracing the carrier and ready to slam all shut.

You could leave the carrier around, regularly baited with something like tuna, then one day, when he is lulled into a sense of false security, pounce!

My experience was all flying claws, hissing and bad language with the cat in question suddenly having fourteen legs and the strength of a Siberian tiger.

Good luck!

My two cats must be weird, they happily go in the carrier (and come out for the vet to examine them).
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Hello, SDW! I had a cat that loved the carrier, the trouble was she wouldn't come out! I would take her to the vet's and she would turn into a hissing and spitting ball of fur when we tried to get her out of it!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • wannabe_sybil
    wannabe_sybil Posts: 2,845 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sdw - all our cats were vile to the vets, really malicious. When evil cat was still able to get to the vets, we once left her for a urine sample. Apparently it took three of them. Evil cat only took it, she didn't give it, and she fought the fight till the end. She was a legend at the vets.

We tried leaving the cat carrier out so that they got used to it. They were fine when it was just sitting next to the treat cupboard. Any time it moved, however, was a declaration of war. I have witnesses, I never need to make anything up.

Hope you are okay Melly. Thinking of you. Sending more hugs. x
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry all
    I have sugar soaped my kitchen
    Spent time with nice neighbour

Repotted one of OH 's plants that was his dad's

Made jam tarts

OH still.sleeping

Pickle came on dog walk this morning, sent time pouncing on Boos head
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Melly Just got home . Glad you had a good day and got out in the world , you sound a bit brighter today . I will have to go and work out something to eat but it's so hot and humid today I may stick my head in the freezer instead ! Be back later .
    Hi to WAS I was thinking of you today ( often do ) I hope you are not suffering these humid conditions today .
    polly xx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    OH has been up 10 mins
    I have walked dogs several times
    Just fed and watered the kittens
    Waiting for upstairs to stop running up and downstairs and go so I can let the cats out
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    30 secs after letting kittens out
    Stripey was in asking for dinner and a love

He needs to not beat pickle up
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    20160815_183154_zpscuqkknv3.jpg

Tigerbabies
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    That's compressed catnip and a catnip filled turkey

He has had 2 packs of food
    A brush
    A love
    And is now trying to snooze through the sound of a child jumping above his head
  • mellymoo74
    Options
    2016-08-15%2019.01.26_zpsasgrbetl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts