Let's get this show on the road

Options
Lifeisforliving19
Lifeisforliving19 Posts: 337 Forumite
edited 9 May 2019 at 5:29PM in Debt free diaries
Well, its time for a new diary. Welcome to those who have followed me from my old diary and old name, and also to those of you who have only just joined
A quick resume of what's what. OH and I started our DMP journey in March 2015 and it went well until I got made redundant and now only work PT. Also various health problems have meant I will not be going back FT and this is definitely a better work life balance for me, even if it means it will take longer to clear the debts.:eek: We started with SC but have been SM for almost a year now. So far we have cleared one small debt and also had an F&F offer accepted on another. So now working on a few more F&F's from our lovely F&F fund we have been trying to save while only making token payments on some of the debts.

This diary will not be so full of self pity as the other one was...I promise!
Don't feel like I have achieved much today, although I have made a few life decisions, which I am hoping will help me to feel a bit better. :) More on those in another days update.
Still getting used to the way this forum us all set out now, as when I was on here under my old name, I was on the old style format and everything looked different. This will take some time to work out where to go to see posts and subscribed threads etc

So anyway, time to get the tea on, so will update more soon.
DMP 2015 £57,549, now £36,112 (37% paid)
EF £200 Mortgage OP's this year £115

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the End of Every Day!

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    Hello, happy new diary. V annoying about the password but sometimes new name new diary is good kick start - it worked for me.
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Happy new diary,I look forward to reading about how you get on xx
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Found you :) I have subscribed, good luck xx
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

Asda Savings - £0

POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

~ Emergency Savings: £0

My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Found you :) Happy new diary :j
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Options
    if your trying to lose us all, you failed....

hAPPY nEW dIARY.....

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • VadersDad
    Options
    Good luck, you have done ace so far!
    Mortgage £49.488 Savings £1175./£1000.:j:j:j[/FONT][/FONT]

No CC or finance

Every cloud has a silver lining!:beer:
  • Lifeisforliving19
    Lifeisforliving19 Posts: 337 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2019 at 5:14PM
    Options
    Wow, thank you all for joining....as if I would be trying to lose you Puzzcat... :rotfl:

Well I am pleased to report that I am feeling quite a lot better today. Ventured out for a little walk to the shop round the corner. Not far, but pleased to report that I wasn't completely shattered when I got back. Also today was the first day since Christmas day, that I have actually got properly dressed and put make up on. Even when I went to Dr I just threw on some old leggings under my coat....which is unheard of for me to go out of the house in leggings :rotfl: However the bad news is that OH decided that after struggling to work since Monday with this dreaded lurgy, he has had to give in and take a day off. Even made a Dr appointment he felt so bad. Got some antibiotics, so hoping he feels better soon and it doesn't drag on as long as mine did....we are supposed to be going away for a few days at beginning of Feb, so need to both be well for that. Definitely need it now after everything that's happened.

So plan is to go back to work on Tuesday....I don't work Mondays. Definitely need to get working again as I don't get sick pay and been off for 2 weeks. OH has used up all his sick pay as well, when he had his accident. So that is an indication of how bad he feels, he wouldn't stay off unless he had to.

Not much happening on the DMP front at the moment, still waiting to hear back about our 2 F&F's. Still doing as much saving as I can and hardly spent anything on groceries so far this month, which I am really pleased about. Just about to do a Click and Collect and determined to work from my list and not buy what I don't need.

Made a decision to cut down my babysitting duties and it seems to have been received ok. So think that has perked my up a bit, as I was worrying about it. Hoping that as I am getting a lot better now, will be able to take GS's to cinema soon, as we promised them before Christmas and never made it.

Thanks for reading again, and have a good day everyone.

• Lifeisforliving19
    Options
    Well grocery order is done and ready for me to pick up tomorrow. Was very good and didn't order anything I didn't really need. Fruit and Veg also ordered from our lovely local shop. Only other thing to pick up in the morning will be some meat from local butcher. Will only be a couple of bits, so expecting the whole shopping this week to come in well under £45 and my original budget was £50, but always trying to get it down. Especially this week as we have both lost some earnings. Next week I shouldn't hardly need anything at all.
    OH telephoned his dad last night as we hadn't seen inlaws since before Christmas due to everyone feeling ill....they cancelled their Boxing day trip to us and then I have been bad ever since. Anyway, FIL told us there is a cheque waiting there for us as a Christmas present :j.....wasn't expecting that as they had already sent us a few presents. So that will come in very handy. Will pop over and see them as soon as OH feels bit better. Don't want to inflict germs on them as they have already had one cold since Christmas and don't really want another one.
    Not made any more overpayments on the mortgage for the last couple of days,:( but hope to start that again next week....every little helps and all that. :T
    Off to peel the potatoes now for some mash, to go with the liver and veg...yummy and very cheap. I love liver.
    Have a good evening every one.

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you are both feeling better. Have a good weekend :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Lifeisforliving19
    Options
    Well today is the first day I have been out properly since Christmas and the horrible damp weather just made me cough more again and made my chest hurt. Yesterday I felt so much better and now feel like its a step back again. Also OH coughed nearly all night, which means neither of us slept very well.
    Collected groceries but ended up going slightly over the £50 by a few pennies. But next week I think it will come in well under that. Have given myself £200 budget for the month and so far we are on £86.52. Keeping track of everything really helps. I was naughty though and bought a box of cakes in the local discount store for £1....but in my defence, they would have been nearly £4 before Christmas and were reduced due to going OOD next week.
    Plans for rest of the day are
    Washing and ironing
    Finally finish my packing list....as I am determine we are going to be well enough to go away...only 3 weeks to go!:eek:
    Make a list of all the birthday cards I need to get for next month....Feb is a bad month for birthdays in our family. Will see how many I can send E cards to and save money as well as saving the environment.
    Chill out and do nothing else and get better

Have a good day everyone

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure