MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    millysg1 wrote: »
    Well good (or bad). he had a really good feed last night after I tried some nipple shields. I think my nipples are too flat for him. So he spent 3 hours continuously feeding from 2-5 this morning and now I have very sore nipples. But lanolin cream is really helping. I did strip him down to his vest earlier today to wake him to get him feeding again. I probably need to do another feed soon but I'm just getting discharged!!!! Woohoo. He never cries when hungry so hard to say when is right to try but it's been a few hours now and the more I can do in the day, hopefully the less likely I'll need to be up for 4 hours straight in the middle of the night.

Not long to get home and we will try again! So glad for these nipple shields though! He really gets into the suckling now rather than just latching and then falling asleep!!!
    Nipple shields are hte best! I loved them. USed for the first 4 weeks on and off. Get him checked for a tongue tie too incase this is affecting latching/sucking. But its early days - remember he has to learn a new skill too! I can relate to the comfort sucking for hoooooooooooours.
  • RebekahR
    RebekahR Posts: 5,980 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    janed9388 wrote: »
    Can't say good enough things about nipple shields - with DD1 after about 2 weeks when I was cracked and bleeding and in tears at silly o'clock on a Sunday morning and about to cave and go for the formula I sent my hubby off to Boots the minute it opened to bring back anything that might help. He brought back Avent sheilds and lanisoh cream & a pile of other stuff, but the shields and cream helped immediately and allowed me to carry on feeding without any pain. I'd suggest everyone has a pack in just in case then you don't have to get into the state I did.
    I found medela the best as they came in nipple sizes. Avent were too big for little ladies mouth and she choked on them for me.

Make sure you have your breast feeding group number/day/time to hand and do go along. Its fab to support each other!

I had wrote a long post about breastfeeding on another group I can post here if it will be any help to any one?
  • alsomething
    Options
    Hiya all,
    Went for a sweep today bur cervix too posterior to have one so little one still quite comfy although 3/5 ths engaged. I have another one booked for next Tuesday.

Had a chat with consultant re induction on 1st May and what issues are if I don't have it. Just being big is not good enough reason for me and baby us only just on 90th percentile.
    Apparently it is standard to induce at due date with gestational diabetes as there is a higher risk of stillbirth and a growth spurt at the end. He did not have any stats about this and said I have the right to refuse but it is recommended.
    I'll keep on with the ball, raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil and acupuncture and hope baby gets the hint :-)
  • gayleygoo
    gayleygoo Posts: 816 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations Milly :beer: sounds very scary with the cord knot, glad you're both okay!

Just a quick update from me too, our little boy was born at 7.05pm on Monday evening, 7lb 1oz. Despite those contractions all day, midwife didn't think I was in active labour until nearly 6pm. She broke my waters then, put me in the bath and he was born in the water within the hour! Passed a few large blood clots after the birth, but they let us home last night and breastfeeding is going well, although very frequent! Lansinoh is hopefully keeping cracked nipples at bay, I might look into getting some shields too since you are all raving about them :) Will hopefully get back on later to properly catch up on everything. Good luck to all of you still awaiting your babies!

One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be Alright :)

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    congrats gayleygoo (if someone could update the list for me)

AFM, now been contracting on / off since Saturday. not fun. i am exhausted. they don't get more frequent than every 8 mins...

hope baby comes soon....
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    congratulations gayleygoo. Sounds like he came really quickly in the end ! I hope I get the same eventually.

fingers crossed Aunty pickle for some news soon !
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ***DUE DATE LIST***
    1. Trixsie1989 - 14 April :female:
    2. Aunty-Pickle - 15 April ?
    3. georgie262 - 22 April :female:
    4. Phoenix01 - 25 April :female:
    5. alsomething - 1 May ?
    6. Downhillfast's OH - 3 May ?
    7. Angelmommy - 6 May ?
    8. jediquigley - 8 May ?
    9. Janed9388 - 17 May :male:
    10. hippihaz - 2 June :male:
    11. krustylouise - 5 June :female:
    12. ashtray heart - 6 June :female:
    13. wendz86 - 8 June :female:
    14. weesmiler - 16 June ?
    15. nattykins - 24 June :male:
    16. BabaMoose - 6 July :female:
    17. RebekahR - 21 July :female:
    18. Claire_A87 - 25 July ?
    19. Mrs_I (Miss_Imaginative) - 29 July ?
    20. slowlyfading - 7 August ?
    When you see this post do your pelvic floor exercises

Hospital Bag List here
    Supplement List and Dosage here

***BIRTH LIST*** - Within the last month or so
    :female: Tilly_dreams - Amelie Rose born 10 March (5lb 13.5)
    :male: Always_alone - Jude born 12 March (4lb 15.5)
    :male: x_missymoo_x - baby boy born 26 March
    :female: Bubblepops - Mollie Grace born 4 April (7lb 5oz)
    :male: Princess Kate - Joshua Michael born 9 April (8lb 1oz)
    :male: millysg1 - baby boy born 18/19 April (9lb 5oz)
    :male:gayleygoo - baby boy born 20 April (7lb 1oz)

PROBABLY GIVEN BIRTH BUT TOO WORN OUT TO LOG ON TO LIST
    [Allow 2 weeks after EDD before transferring to this list (Max 6 weeks)]

CONTRACTION MASTER TIMER

Please post your birth stories here when you have time/energy
  • wendz86
    Options
    Hopefully i did that right.

Congratulations gayleygoo and how lovely you got to have him in the water.

Fingers crossed things speed up for you Aunty Pickle.

Had my consultant appointment today and went well. Still Ok to have vbac and got to listen to heartbeat and measuring at 35cm at 33+2. Haven't got to go back to consultant so just midwife now.

Going to start sorting out my hospital bag this weekend!
  • Missyy76
    Missyy76 Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Ladies

Could I join you please? Im due 26th July with baby no3 - team yellow :-)
    Wendz - im planning a vbac after 2 C-sections, consultants seem a lot more supportive of Vbacs these days compared to when I had my last baby - I really had to go to war with the consultant over that one, and I still ended up with a C-section at 41+1, hopefully this baby will be willing to play ball lol x
    Due 26th July, team yellow :D
  • wendz86
    Options
    Hi Missyy,

Fingers crossed you get your vbac this time! They do seem very supportive of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure