PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• chrissie83
    Options
    We are exchanging today!! ( hopefully!) wasn’t expecting a phone call off our sol for a mortgage redemption figure & authority to exchange today but I’m so happy. Completing Friday :eek:
    Going to read how everyone else is getting on in here now
  • middy991
    Options
    were first time buyers and no onward chain but got are rental till end of jan but need to be in new place for start of new school term for the lad
  • Littlebobo1981
    Options
    wow ..suddenly i have progress, managed to sort my mortgage valuation issue so now marked as a 3/4 bed ..no idea what the issue was but at least they have changed it ..got a structural survey happening tomorrow and that should come back by the end of the week, searches being done ..got electrician here on Friday to get our wiring checked and we're good to go !

Eeeeeppp that suddenly happened to all go rather fast !
  • HappyLassie13
    Options
    So i have transferred to final payment and deposit to my solicitor today with hopes of completion on Friday :)

Just to recap, i'm a FTB, buying a vacant house which has been going through Probate.
    It will be 13 weeks on Saturday since my offer was accepted.
    I haven't told my partner this good news, he still thinks the house is going through probate. I will surprise him with the keys....

an end is finally in sight.
  • Katapolt
    Katapolt Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So i have transferred to final payment and deposit to my solicitor today with hopes of completion on Friday :)

Just to recap, i'm a FTB, buying a vacant house which has been going through Probate.
    It will be 13 weeks on Saturday since my offer was accepted.
    I haven't told my partner this good news, he still thinks the house is going through probate. I will surprise him with the keys....

an end is finally in sight.

You're surprising your partner with a house?:eek: Christ, i got my other half a dressing gown for Christmas and thought that was kind of me :rotfl:
  • HappyLassie13
    Options
    Katapolt wrote: »
    You're surprising your partner with a house?:eek: Christ, i got my other half a dressing gown for Christmas and thought that was kind of me :rotfl:
    No no sorry, he's well aware of the house ha ha. He just thinks we are still waiting for the probate to be granted etc...
  • Flutterbat17
    Options
    What a great surprise! All the wait taken away!

Looks like we are exchanging next Tuesday, with completion tbc!! Agh! Cutting it fine near Xmas or what!!!

It’s gone to be a weird Christmas this year that’s for sure. Wishing everyone the best for this week and hope everyone exchanges/completes on the date they hoped for.
  • HappyLassie13
    Options
    Yes, it's so hard keeping for him when he questions why haven't we heard anything yet.. But it shall all be worth it, hopefully on Friday :)

Fingers crossed it all goes ahead as hoped for you Flutterbat :)
  • Katapolt
    Katapolt Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've exchanged!!!!
    :j:beer::T:dance:_party_

and now to breathe...
  • middy991
    Options
    exchanged too
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories