PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could buy buildings and if you complete within 14 days of buying it cancel then buy B&C together.

Or you can do what I have done and just buy both and write off the small amount of money on when your contents aren't in the property.

(I haven't even exchanged yet but my mortgage company are a pain in the !!!! and need to see it before exchange - if I don't get in before Christmas I'll just cancel it and get a full refund)

i spoke to LV and DL online chat and they said its no problem to buy when exchanged.
    Any recommended insurers for FTB'ers?
  • Aliliva
    Aliliva Posts: 178 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you for the answers! I'm very doubtful too about asking for a price reduction on the ground of the boiler tbh. They sort of hid the fact and disconnected from the gas main (empty flat, so actually quite a reasonable thing to do to avoid H&S problems), but can you fault them?
    On the other hand, one condition in my offer was that they fixed a leakage for some pipes in the bathroom, and if the haven't done it in the meantime, I have some chances there (although, let's be honest, it'll be like 200£ off)

What I'm hoping now it's that the engineer says the work is not urgent and the boiler can take me to august/september, when I'll have built back some savings to replace it. And this way I can prioritise re-flooring bedrooms and living area, cause that'd be a nightmare to do when the furniture is already in :j
    GC £~~/300
  • spendinglikemad
    spendinglikemad Posts: 312 Forumite
    edited 12 December 2017 at 6:56PM
    Options
    What a pain in the a**e - our sale (we are the vendors) was proceeding nicely but just got a letter from our solicitors and shows land registry boundary is incorrect - this was originally done in 1998 and by the same solicitor firm we are going with now.

I hope it doesn't put a big spanner in the works - and hoping its easy to rectify (showing a piece of land between our house and neighbours not owned by anyone and a clear boundary so its been registered wrong in the first place - aargh and breathe.......

SLM
  • JoJo1978
    JoJo1978 Posts: 375 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    And...we’re in!!!

Sofa-gate resolved by dismantling it!
    But buyer hadn’t lodged his funds, d’oh

I had to sit in the removals lorry to stop them driving our stuff back 120 miles down to London while we waited lol. But it worked.

Good luck to all and enjoy the festive season x
    :beer:
  • PThome
    PThome Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

I've been quite frustrated as we had lots of viewing but no offers. However, suddenly we got two great offers in the same day :D (is all or nothing :p). So, I can now move to this forum :D

My timeline -
    Flat in the market - 10th August 2017
    Flat reduced - 17th October 17
    Offers received on our flat 4th December 2017
    Offer accepted on our flat 6th December 2017
    Offer made on the house we want 9th December 2017
    Offer accepted on the house we want 11th December 2017
    Solicitors Instructed 12th December 2017
    My buyers valuation booked for 13th December 217
    Meeting with mortgage adviser, booked for 14th December 2017

Very excited (and worried at the same time)! I can't believe we are close to get an house!!!! :D
    Our buyer has no chain and we are buying a new home, so very small chain :D Fingers crossed everything will go smoothly and move fast.

Good luck for everyone waiting to exchange!
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aliliva wrote: »
    Thank you for the answers! I'm very doubtful too about asking for a price reduction on the ground of the boiler tbh. They sort of hid the fact and disconnected from the gas main (empty flat, so actually quite a reasonable thing to do to avoid H&S problems), but can you fault them?
    On the other hand, one condition in my offer was that they fixed a leakage for some pipes in the bathroom, and if the haven't done it in the meantime, I have some chances there (although, let's be honest, it'll be like 200£ off)

What I'm hoping now it's that the engineer says the work is not urgent and the boiler can take me to august/september, when I'll have built back some savings to replace it. And this way I can prioritise re-flooring bedrooms and living area, cause that'd be a nightmare to do when the furniture is already in :j
    sounds like you would be better of replacing leaky pipes in the bathroom now, hassle of lifting floors, fixing leaks is a nightmare!
  • phoebe1989seb
    Options
    JoJo1978 wrote: »
    And...we’re in!!!

Sofa-gate resolved by dismantling it!
    But buyer hadn’t lodged his funds, d’oh

I had to sit in the removals lorry to stop them driving our stuff back 120 miles down to London while we waited lol. But it worked.

Good luck to all and enjoy the festive season x
    :beer:

Congrats, JoJo :T

Enjoy Christmas in your new home!
    Mortgage-free for fourteen years!

Over £40,000 mis-sold PPI reclaimed
  • Katapolt
    Options
    _party_Congrats JoJo!! :beer:

I'm so glad it finally worked out for you!!

I think today is Exchange day for me! Weve already got a completion date of the 20th! I suppose i better start packing...
  • middy991
    Options
    exchange day for us today nd completion next weds for us too kacking it lol
  • Katapolt
    Options
    middy991 wrote: »
    exchange day for us today nd completion next weds for us too kacking it lol

You'll be fine!! are you in a chain? Just think how good it will all be when you're in and settled ^_^
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback