PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Lottiealice
    Options
    The weather has been grimm here all day, very dark and damp - but my spirits are still high
    my 5 for the day
    1) Lovely morning out with OH to a local garden centre we had a lovely breafast full english of course and I had a voucher for free coffee so all the better.
    2) Seeing some of the spring plants they are getting in - makes you feel warmer brighter days are not too far away
    3) Catching up with a friend who has been travelling and hearing all her lovely news
    4) See my daughters face when she came out of school ( never gets old)
    5) out to my friends later for a natter and a glass of something cold - what could be better

Wishing you all a happy and healthy start to the weekend

J
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sitting on the sofa with a dog stretched across my lap.

A very early start to the day with Mr Dog vomiting. Sigh! He'd eaten something he shouldn't .

Lost a pound in weight at skinnier club.

My girl is on her homeward journey. Whilst I will miss her I also won't miss her as she will be back at home in Melbourne. It's been lovely having her here for a month but time she was away home.

So after I stopped sobbing I went into her room with a bin bag! She's my untidiest child.

Had a doze. Me and my dog. I was watching an Australian drama but decided to rest my eyes and woke up when son came in from work.

Back to the messy room!

Went through my wardrobe this morning and took a bag to charity bin. Also put a bag of cushions out for a doorstep collection first thing. I need to stop 'stuff' acruing.
  • plumduff55
    Options
    My five for today are;

1) Exercised to dvd this morning and went for a walk after lunch so that's me completed my goal of 3 exercise sessions and 3 walks a week. Happy with that as I can now be real lazy over the weekend :rotfl:

2) I started knitting a baby short sleeved cardigan in the most lovely shade of raspberry and the wool is so soft it's a pleasure to knit with.

3) A neighbour asked me to adjust a coat that she bought in the sales and it's too big for her. Happy to be making a bit extra money to be adding to the holiday fund.

4) I went up the loft to get some plastic storage boxes for re organising kitchen and under stair cupboards tomorrow. The pleasure was getting down safe - about six years ago I fell down through the loft hatch and I'm always very nervous going up there now.

5) Nice dinner at mums and between us we finished her bottle of home made Baileys.

Watching Taken that I recorded last night xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,156 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Friday).

1) 4 eggs from the hens! Usually there are 3. I wouldn't mind if they stopped altogether to boost their strength.

2) Work went OK. Took a chicken and avocado sandwich with me for lunch, which was nice. I had 2 hours between exams so sat in the staff room and chatted to various members of staff as they came and went.

3) Back home for a mad rush of trying to catch up with housework - washing up, washing, hoovering, tidying...

4) Bigger son was back from college just before me and it's all go! No word from local job yet but someone he works with at the garage is employing him tomorrow (as a sort of labourer) and he's heard back from the VSO... My sister (who works for a charity) has also found an opening for British teenagers in Ecuador!

5) Smaller son had a very poor day at school, was in isolation and will be back in isolation on Monday or Tuesday. No one seems to notice that doesn't really work for him and that while he is in there, he is missing out on GCSE teaching. He seems happy enough now, though.

6) Bigger son and I went to wassailing at my parents'. My little niece (nearly 4) was very funny. We were sitting in the living room and my mum and uncle started playing a wassailing folk song on their accordions in the kitchen. My niece immediately got up and walked and shut the living room door!

7) In bed with 1hwb now and will listen to the radio for a while.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning Folks.....second attempt!

1. Singalong Bohemian Rhapsody ...Modern day Wassailling?

2. Person who bought the Piano Desk, but could not collect, still wants it :j

3. Beautiful morning skies on the way to work this week.

4. Food tech teacher took pity on me, and made me a cup of tea when I needed it!

5. Doing some lovely projects with my students this term, but not enough time to plan it or test things out first.......something needs to change. :mad:

Difficult to make 5 from yesterday. Mostly cross and frustrated. I need to write an email for Monday :eek:

Have a lovely day :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1 - 5) Sitting on the Grandpickles today and it will be all 5 pleasures rolled into one and we'll come home tonight completely worn out but still smiling xxx.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Friday pleasures,

An early morning visit from the Mistle Thrush, as we sat eating breakfast it was finding its own.

A treat for me of vase full of tulips.

Not such a pleasure, over at the yard discovered that toxic owner had taken one of my two saddlecloths :mad: when she left the previous day, whether deliberately or not I want it back so she is being asked today by someone else and will take it from there. Much better though was my girlie worked hard for her Mum and then stood quietly as I trimmed the long hair off her face.

A beautiful sunset as I was driving home.

Chicken tikka masala for tea, then later watching Delicious.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lottiealice welcome to this thread. It is very welcoming and positive.

For the past couple of days. Life has been busy with organizing MIL funeral.

1. Work ok for most of the day which is an improvement.

2. Arranged to see a friend later this month. It will be lovely seeing her again.

3. Tidied the house and it looks good. Lit some candles in the evening. Lovely smell.

4. Did some batch cooking so 3 meals in the freezer. A fish pie eaten last night and lasagne ready for tonight.

5. Beautiful sunrise.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1 We popped out for a change of scenery and stopped in at the lovely fruit and veg stand, and picked up a fantastic scrapbook from a CS.
    2 One of the hoya plants was far too thick so it has been unravelled, cut back, I then added plant food, I’ll leave it a day, then I’ll fix a frame to the pot and I’ll add some more food to the soil then leave it alone and hope it will be very happy.
    3 After trying the cake I picked up reduced yesterday, DH asked for my home-made ones, as I don’t use much sugar.
    4 Remembered to enter the lottery.
    5 Watching Harry Potter.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A day of not too much of anything really. Have a touch of labyrynthitis so spent most of day flat.

Dropped off DD2 at hairdressers at 9am then straight back to bed. She walked home in the rain and wind.

Watched You on Netflix from start to just finished! That's a lot of watching!

Had left over lasagne and sprouts and peas for tea.

DD1 room almost back to normal...just one corner to tackle...the one that she emptied a holdall full of stuff in so she could have the extra luggage! She'll be home in 3 hours! But clothes horses out my room and back in hers!

Just going to watch casualty and finish the last drop of crumble that's left in fridge.

Hopefully better tomorrow .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure