Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    It sounds like a lot of you are doing well of the fabbing front.:)

((Hugs)) to all who need them.xx

I just had reflexology again and booked another session for next Monday. It was much less painful this time and I almost fell asleep.

I treated myself to a few items from the charity shop, a couple of M&S tops and a new bag.

I bought some face packs from Superdrug and I will have a bath later and use one of them.:cool:
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 13 February 2019 at 4:43PM
    Options
    Good afternoon lovely ladies.

Welcome to LW, Podperson and 32b. Good to see LW & PP back in the fold and 32b it's always nice to welcome a new member.

32b. Sorry to hear about your loss. What a shock for you. And yes it does make us stop and think doesn't it. Life can be cruel and short. Aging is a priveledge which many are denied.

LW. So sorry to hear that your daughter has been poorly. I hope both she and you are getting the help and support you need. LW. I can relate to your teeth issues......this is something I desperately need to address too. However, it's going to cost serious amounts of money.

I have decided that I need/want so many things this year I am going to try and look for a little job or sideline business of some sort. I'm not sure what yet but quite apart from the extra money I think it would do me good.

As you know I was more or less forced into early retirement at the age of 55 and I feel like there is some unfinished business. There's still lots I can do and loads I want to achieve. I'm not really ready for full blown retirement. I have tried travel but it's not really the answer.

The retirement I have is certainly not the one my husband and I planned and envisaged. I need to be creative, there's still so much I want to do.

I am seriously considering going back on site for a while, even if it's only over the summer. I love the work, it's well paid and interesting and I get to meet lots of people. The only real drawback is the unsociable hours, working weekends, bank holidays etc. This could be a problem when I was married with children but now that I'm alone that wouldn't be an issue.

Working on site Is not so great in the winter (unless you land a nice cosy showflat) but it is fabulous being out and about in the summer.

Today my son came over and I asked him if he could trace my CV which was lurking somewhere in the ether but I didn't know where.......Anyway he found it so I can update it now.

I dont even know if I'm still employable......I haven't worked since 2006. :rotfl: if no one will take me on then I will have to think about starting a small business.

Good news - having lost 8 lbs since new year I had a trying on session this morning...I can now comfortably fit into some of my favourite pieces which I haven't been able to wear for some time.

On Saturday the builder is coming to replaster the kitchen where I had the dividing wall knocked out. So whilst he's here I can retreat to my bedroom and have a good wardrobe sort out. Time for some serious kondoing. It will be lovely to start wearing the next size down.

Wednesday I shall be face packing and soaking in the bath later too.

Eandjsmum....hope your family crisis is getting resolved ok.

My shoulder is a bit less sore after my acupuncture yesterday and I've booked a massage for next Monday.

Anyway mustnt push my luck, I'll rest it now.
  • 32b3in2013
    32b3in2013 Posts: 2,440 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you lessons learned.

What about a part time job as a court usher. I plan to do that when I retire. I did jury service a few years ago and I absolutely loved it, I didn’t want the six week trial I did to end.

I have booked a hairdressers appointment, I might do short, although my hair is curlyish so if I get it cut too short it grows out, rather than down :rotfl: I also spent a longggg train journey reading a new book yesterday rather than working, I didn’t even bother taking my laptop so I didn’t get tempted. Also, I cracked open one of the two bottles of perfume I got for Christmas. No saving anything for best for me anymore..... no day is better than this day!

Happy Thursday everyone

M
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85
    SPC10 #125 - £851.81
    SPC 11 #7 - £968.46
    SPC 12 #7 - £2682.90
    SPC 13 #7 - £4829.85
    SPC 14 #7 - £4173.30
  • lessonlearned
    edited 14 February 2019 at 8:59AM
    Options
    Good Morning Lovely Ladies

Happy Valentines Day:happyhear

Well I may be a widow and forced to travel solo through life but today I intend to be a "Merry Widow" and not a "Grieving Widow". I'm done with that.

Today I shall spoil myself. I shall get dolled up and go into the city to have lunch with a friend. Then. I shall go shopping and treat myself. I will call into the M&S food hall and treat myself to an easy but delicious ready meal.

Then I will settle down and watch a romantic movie......wine, chocolates and candles will be involved.

As the song says......"if you cannot be with the one you love, love the one you're with".

So today I shall indulge myself .......I am sooooo worth it. :rotfl:

And always remember.......if you are lucky enough to have a special someone in your life then cherish them.

Hope you all have a lovely day......

The sun is shining already here and it's going to be mild and pleasant. A taste of spring.......
  • lessonlearned
    Options
    32b3in2013 wrote: »
    Thank you lessons learned.

What about a part time job as a court usher. I plan to do that when I retire. I did jury service a few years ago and I absolutely loved it, I didn’t want the six week trial I did to end.

I have booked a hairdressers appointment, I might do short, although my hair is curlyish so if I get it cut too short it grows out, rather than down :rotfl: I also spent a longggg train journey reading a new book yesterday rather than working, I didn’t even bother taking my laptop so I didn’t get tempted. Also, I cracked open one of the two bottles of perfume I got for Christmas. No saving anything for best for me anymore..... no day is better than this day!

Happy Thursday everyone

M

Well done, both on the relaxing non working train journey and opening the perfume. You are so right......the best has to be now, today. We need to "show up" in the present and enjoy life to the full, each and every day.

Court usher??? Sounds interesting, :)
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    32b - love the quote no day is better than this day and well done on reading and opening the perfume!
    LL - I worked in a Magistrates court for a few years - it's certainly interesting......:)
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Moll
    Moll Posts: 445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 February 2019 at 10:58AM
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day Everyone , Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you have planned , Me ,,,,,,and babysitting my middle 2 GD's so my DS and wife can go to the pictures ,and a meal . Thats heaven to them , so i hope they enjoy thier free time together.
    I babysat for my DD a couple of days ago , they went for an early Valentine meal at a local Italian ,
    Ive done some serious de-cluttering the last couple of days , and things are starting to go in place nicely .
    LL Well Done on the weight loss , thats brilliant , We'll get there , Im taking home made wraps when i baby sit , . Anyone else whos cutting down , you might like this idea , Beat a couple of eggs , ( Nothing else) put them in a small pan and make like omellettes. Then as you make them . layer them on kitchen paper as it absorbs any liquid . ( You can freeze these too . Use instead of bread , Im going to cook some bacon and maybe onions , and when im hungry , warm them and the wrap up and roll in the wrap and eat,,,,,,hope you know what i mean , Makes a nice meal with baked beans on the side too , but you can fill them with anything you fancy, Hot or Cold , saving loads of calories as no bread, I have some home made Pea & Mint soup to take too , Tastes a LOT better than it sounds , honest. Preparation is the key when you are trying to lose weight .
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 February 2019 at 11:41AM
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Update on Fabbing....well not too much to say really. My weight has been static for ages but I have not put on, so I am delighted with that.

My hair is in good condition and very long, so I am happy with that. However, I did buy the wrong shampoo the other day and it ended up looking like a haystack :) My husband has long-ish thick curly hair (which he loves and treasures, being 70!) and his hair ended up looking like a brillo pad on steroids. Threw the shampoo away and bought the proper stuff :)

I finally booked my free 1-to-1 session at the gym after having attended for a year. The personal trainer showed me how to use some different machines which will tone my muscles and help with the loose skin from losing weight. That's a fabbing plus!

Finally, my well-being has increased since a friend bought me an unusual gift. I got the gift a few days ago - Theresa, a baby Russian Tortoise! I named her Theresa after the Prime Minister (I'm sure there will be lots of jokes come from that!). I must be the only person who finds a tortoise as cute as a puppy (not as cute as a kitten though) - she has a lovely little face and I ooh-d and aah-d when she gave herself a bath in her paddling pool and then went to bed. So did my husband. I expect it's because we have no grandchildren :) Must make sure I don't bore everyone to death with tortoise photos like some people do with grandchildren photos.

Anyway it is a beautiful day and I am going out to lunch with an old friend and a new friend. See you all later, have a good day xx
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • teedy23
    teedy23 Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just had an email from the lovely staff at college, they have given me an extra appointment for a micro current facial ! I believe that's commonly known as non surgical facelift. Woo-Hoo.
    oh I hope I still get served in the pub ;)
    :T:jDabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none:o

Well except mastered my mortgage 5 yrs early :T:j
    Street finds for 2018 £26:49.
  • LuxuryWoman
    Options
    Hi fab people,

Sounds like everyone is doing great. I’m just back from the dentist, just a couple more appointments and I’ll be all shiny and new :)

I really can’t wait, just another month or slightly less and I’ll be me again, just in time for spring.

Speaking of which I’m going to need some summer clothes, I like a slight rock chick vibe, quite luxy with silk, velvets, leather etc. So easy in winter not so much in summer. Any ideas? I admire some women a bit older than me, Patti Hansen for example springs to mind. I’m not ready to hang up my dancing shoes for good and while I don’t want to look exactly younger I want to give a nod to my love of music, dancing and parties whilst still being appropriate if you see what I mean. So what does a luxury loving ageing rock chick wear in a heatwave? :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure