Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ooooooh - exciting big plans!!!

If you do decide to 'do' something today, I hope you find a little area of peace in the no-doubt mobbed areas on a BH weekend with cracking weather! :) x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yet another night of struggling to get to sleep. However, I did get more sleep than other times, so that is progress.

Workout done:

[FONT=&quot]My buns hurt! 40x 25lb s’bag rev lunge, press, squat leg lift=6m02; 12x5/15 rocket launcher (2 low jack + jump up) = 47; 20x 5 crab kick up = 2m30; 12x10/10 jump lunge/ mtn climb.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]A total of over 14 mins 30. And a tough one.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hope we're not going anywhere today, greent! This place needs us to do some more sorting, to find some floor space/ sitting space/ surface space... you get the picture!
    [/FONT]
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Currently have a 4mx10m tarpaulin trying to dry out in our 5mx6m garden! It is draped over the climbing frame and held down with bricks and every so often I shift it up and over so that a different bait is off the grass - but I'm keeping a close eye and ear on it. It got wet when we had the fence materials delivered and we didn't get around to drying it out. Then I realised that the weather is going to turn so I'd better jolly well get on with it! It does present a lovely block of blue colour outside though...

Have been through one and a half shelves downstairs and got rid of some food and crafting books, and a load of papers. Dd has done a similar amount of shelf and has many books for the ch shop.

Feels good.

Dh is going to email our building friend about the guttering.

And I have suggested contacting the contact we have about window replacing.

But tomorrow it all changes. Ya boo hiss. Back to sch for dd. Dh has said he may even go and do some work too! It's one of my days off so I have a leave of grace (is that the phrase) and can go to my counsellor, do some food shopping...

And do a work out 5-in-a-row so far :j
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    We have decided to do our Aus trip at Christmas time too, predominately because the weather is so grim! Such lovely weather at the moment and I don't want to miss the beautiful spring /summers here.

Great on the workouts hope they make a difference.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Shhhh, but dh has brought down a box of his 'stuff' from the loft and might just be getting rid of some of it...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    He is surprised that the charity shops won't want his videos... Not even Airwolf...
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad you have a day off today apple - hope you're being kind to yourself.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Oooh, got a lot done.

Dd to sch, catch up witha friend, money into dd's savings, renew dd library books, counselling, food shopping, workout, check swim lesson is on, clarify cancellation of dd eye hosp appt just hours after a reminder text about it, pick up my prescription, washing, swim with dd, wash swim gear...

And here I am!

The workout was another toughie: 50 of each of:
    -prisoner jump lunge
    -1-leg push up (on knees)
    -mini sandbag squat
    -reptile on the run
    -sandbag get up
    -1-arm press up (knees)
    Took me over 20 mins and I was all sweaty and tomato-faced by the end...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    He is surprised that the charity shops won't want his videos... Not even Airwolf...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Back to sch today. But only 1/2 a day :D. Went in all serene and calm and after 40 mins was feeling quite overwhelmed. So I wrote me a list, split over 4 pages, each page being for a different topic. Immediately felt more in control, and got a couple of bits done. Brought said list home and have done a couple of the more immediate ones. Phew.

Dh has been given a payrise, so now will get a few extra peanuts each month :D

Only a little workout today: 100x 12k KB swing - 2-hands, 1-hand, alternate hands. It was enough.

Decided to buy myself the Tightwad Gazette for about £5.60 off amzn, using credit I had. Dh can 'give' it to me for my bday next month, though it's delivery date is 2 weeks later... so he'll have to buy me something himself too :rotfl:. I'll 'suggest' a supply of 85% choc...

Eked out the thick wool to finish a 2nd fox sock. Felt smug. Then realised that I need to break into the new ball to make the ears. D'oh!

2 more bags ready for the Sally Army. We have a lot of books, but they weigh so much that I'm having to ration them per bag.

Dd's eye appt tomorrow was cancelled by them yesterday, just a few hours after we recieved a reminder text about it. So I called them, just to make sure that it was cancelled. The re-scheduled date? July. Ridiculous... Just as well I'd not told dd's sch, to then have to un-tell them. And just as well that my boss - who'd given me leave of absence - is lovely about last-minute changes like this.

Enough wittering. For now...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback