Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,728 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Last night dd said, 'I hate my school life.' Pause... 'But I have an awesome home life.' Wonderful child.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That's so sweet! I feel bad for her about school, but what a lovely affirmation for you :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dd had a lovely time at kids klub, and I was on the rota which was good. She has some very special friends there.

I did a workout challenge as my lower arms were slightly not-right from using the sandbag. It was 300 bodyweight squats and took me 13m20. Dd 'helpfully' counted down the last 20 for me... 11 workouts in a row now :D

Have started knitting a penguin sock. No, I've not quite finished sewing up everything else just yet... I'm adapting the 'easiest sock ever' pattern so that I should end up with only 1 seam to sew up. If it works, I'll be well chuffed.

A full day at work tomorow. I feel a little begrudging towards it, having had the previous 3 Mondays off...! It's my manic Monday and includes a lesson observation too, for good measure.

I have written the NST May challenge and got that posted up - NST May 2019: May merriment. With 2 full days in hand. Go me :rotfl:.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    My lesson obs went very well, and the dep head enjoyed herself and thanked me for it. Her feedback was supremely positive and she praised all the good things I was doing. Smug face is on. :D

The penguin sock is progressing... So far, so good.

Another workout has been done: 4x = 9m20

-15 sbag rev lunge + knee raise
    -10 sbag low jack
    -5 push up and power into a squat

It was supposed to be 10 rounds :rotfl: - I quickly realised there was no chance of completing that number and remaining upright.

Lonnnng list of things to do tomorrow. Dh has added to it by needing to be dropped off at a local airfield for 2.30. Then he reckons it'll only take me 10-15 mins to get home. Yeah. In all the school traffic. Of course it will... Maybe he can take the car himself and dd and I will get the bus to swimming... Or maybe he might be back in time for us to drive to the pool... Need a chat, methinks.
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dh no longer needs dropping at the local airfield. He need to go to one much further away! So he gets the car.
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hope you can do what you need to do then, apple :)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Thanks karma. So far, I have: done a wash and hung it outside, done the school run, arranged an evening out, returned lib books, been to counselling, walked up the b i g hill amd still caught the bus I wanted, shopped at sainz, brought it home, gone back up to aldee and got it home, done a workout, washed (always good), eaten lunch, and made dgs an apron for his bday.

Not bad, eh?

And dd's swim lesson is cancelled again - they are having trouble filling this slot, so we'll just go for a swim anyway.

No sch work done yet so I shall start that for 30mins...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    The sch work took me the full 30 mins. (still rather a big list to do, but that was tomorrow's priority) Then it was collect dd, feed her some bacon, sit with her to do her comprehension, go swimming (walk + tram), swim, return home (tram + bus), cook dd's dinner, cook big people's dinner, eat, take dd upstairs to read.

I think dh enjoyed flying - a cessner thingy. He's not been very forthcoming about it...

However, dd had a good day at school. Phew.

I have walked over 18,000 steps, done a workout and been swimming. Go me!

Tomorrow is May, so I need to look at some numbers...:D
  • Karmacat
    Options
    How big was the Cessna, apple? Very small planes can be a bit ... terrifying, especially when they're banking! They never were for me, oddly, even when I was working at cracking my phobia - being able to see the pilot gave me the sense of "someone I know is in control".
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I think it was a littl'un, karma... He's still not talked about it!

My work is finished for the week. Phew. It has been a nice week and I have managed to get things done. Not everything, mind, but a fair amount. I have brought stuff home to do, and I know I'll feel better next week if I can actually do most of it...

Dd is feeling much, much better. :D She has in effect 'given up' on that friend and has played with several other children and today announced that she has a new best friend. Yeah!

Am out for me tea tonight - a rare occurrence indeed. Originally it was a drink with a good friend (normally meet up in the day but she is mega mad busy at the mo), but she suggested eating there - they do gf options - as an early birthday treat. Of course, I pondered it for all of a nanosecond before agreeing....

Workouts are continuing. Now done 15 in a row. :j Happy with that.

Went through the book-buying sites with the piles that dd is giving away. Hmmm. Not a lot offered, so I've put some aside for dgs and the charity shop can benefit from the rest.

Got a letter from work giving me my increased salary info for next year.:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback