Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Yey to increased salary for next year! Glad dd feeling better.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Dd's week finished so much better than it started. Phew.

Dh has finished his week of extra work and hereonin (1 word or 3?) I hope he'll be less grumpy...

I had a rather large list for today, and got through lots of it, so I'm contented. 2 bags to sally army, ££ in to dd's savings acc, liddle shop (much needed veggies and decaf), a workout, knitting, replying to emails, watching the Tour de Yorkshire, posh school paperwork, my trip paperwork, call to dr re dd immunisations, pay a bill, put clothes away...

Dd and I spent a happy half hour or so going through the plastic box of bath toys that have accumulated over the years. Lots of lovely memories from them. And lots and lots of dust too. Tomorrow we plan to go through the 'going' pile again, in case any parts for sets of things went in there by mistake, clean what can be passed onand bin the rest. Then clean the 'keeping' pile.

Off to town tomorrow morning: nix, vests, silicone glasses nose pads, school bars, £land 'stuff', wood stain. A lovely eclectic mix...

Workout 16-in-a-row completed. They make me sooo sweaty and I am constantly reminded of being able to do some of the exercises properly years ago (not that many years, either) but being unable to do them now. I'm looking at you: ninja tuck jump, man push up, 1-legged squat).
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm glad dd's day ended well :) I'm constantly in awe of your exercises, you know - though I understand for you, you feel unfit compared to what you were. It really sounds like you're getting back to form, though, good for you.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    We were out and back home within 2.5 hours. Result.

And got all errands done - nix, vests, nose pads, £land, wi1k0. Double result.

Plus a visit to sp0rts d1rect- dd needs 2 cossies for a trip in sept, so we got her another one. And dh wanted me to find sthing for myself, so I chose a workout top. We had a £5 voucher from when we bought goggles, so used that. Result. Again.

Yesterday I picked up quite a big a po11y p0cket set/building in the Sally Army, paid for with £2 credit. Turns out it's a Magic Moving set, rather sought after! Dd is very happy with it. Yet another result.

Thank you for your awe, Karma, but if you saw me performing the exercises :rotfl: you might do yourself an injury with laughing so much...:rotfl:
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I got another good workout done this morning - before my brain could wake up. Called 'if you really want more' and it took me 16m40.

Dd had a good time at kk and a last-minute playdate suggestion went really well. And when we took her home, I chatted with her mum for almost an hour, so they had extra play time!

I asked dh to install the gumt app on my phone as I often have trouble loading the photos when I use the laptop. So I must try that out tomorrow. And hopefully start to get things out of the house...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Why is it that on the mornings when I can sleep in, I don't?? I wake at 5ish, doze until 6ish and then my body tells me to jolly well get up! Ah well, it means that I get headspace done, and some reading and a workout before anyone else appears downstairs...

Dd and I went out to see if any ch shops were open. We took 2 bags to the sally army and I spent a whopping £5. 2 on 4x books to read and 3 on a wooden giraffe that I hope mum will like. I'm planning on going up this Fri, as sch is so much better for dd. And if I don't go, then it'll have to wait another 2 weeks, and it's already been rather a while...
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sounds like you've been doing so much decluttering - hope its feeling great!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    earthgirl wrote: »
    Sounds like you've been doing so much decluttering - hope its feeling great!

It does feel great! However, unless you lived here, you wouldn't be aware of how much has left the house...there is still soooo much more to do. But we are getting on with it and eventually the puddles of serenity might join up into a lake. Or at least a pond... Or slightly larger puddles...

I wrapped dsd1 and dgs's bday presents today. Tho goodness knows when they'll actually arrive in Canada... We also gave dsd1 an itoons voucher, which she got on her actual bday, and dgs is only turning 2, so is unaware of exact dates - phew.

I asked dh to install the gumt app on my phone as my laptop just wasn't uploading the photos. Well, it works fine on my phone, which is good. But since dh upgraded my laptop (apparantly the bios was so out of date he first had to install an interim one before being able to fully update it!) then it also works well. So now I have a choice :D. No excuse now...

Am not back at work until Weds, and then only for my 2 half days, and the kids are doing exam practice, so not too strenuous for me :D.

Exam board marking kicks in in 2 weeks' time and spans about five and a half weeks. I've already started a hand-drawn week-by-week, day-by-day, hour-by-hour planner for a couple of weeks! I like all the colours :rotfl:.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounding good, apple! I'm sure the decluttered areas will join up, as you say. I see it in my garden weeding - the weeded areas join, and suddenly I can see the plants that are remaining!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Dd went happily into school today, and is coming home by herself for the first time this term.

I have done some of the paperwork needed for the posh school. There was rather a lot of it. It'll soon be finished and I may even take it up there tomorrow...

I have done today's workout. It left me looking like a tomato. And dripping with sweat. Lovely! And swimming is on tonight as they have a teacher :T So more exercise ahead...

Off to spend 20 mins in the garden...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback