MSE News: Sky takes over O2 and Be broadband: What does this mean for customers?

Options

Comments

• hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well just got off the phone from them and a very polite lady who to be honest was very helpful said I am down for free weekend and evening calls (check) BB and Sky Talk £7.50 a month but no discount of £75 (which I was verbally told I will have). The deal I made on the phone was £10 a month with a discount of £75 which would make it £45 for the year all in. She did say all the details and the phone conversation are logged so she will be looking into the recording to see if I was indeed promised a discount and will be getting back to me in a few days.
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 20 November 2013 at 10:44PM
    Options
    sanfly wrote: »
    Sky Line Rental and Sky Broadband Unlimited with Sky Talk – all for just £7.50 a month for 12 months plus a £75 credit.

That's the deal I accepted.
    If you want Sky Broadband Unlimited and don’t want to change your line rental provider, you can take Sky Broadband Unlimited for £5 a month for 12 months without our line rental.
    And, if you join, you’ll also receive a £75 welcome credit on your first Sky bill.

My friend was offered £5pm with 8 months free - so £40 credit I expect. She seemed happy with that as it was going to be £7.50pm.
  • jem16
    Options
    hubb wrote: »
    I agreed with SKY for £10 a month as well as a discount of £75 but i get all my papers though today and they sates BB is £7.50 and line rental is £ 14.50 a month. What ?

It also states in the letter in bold letters;

"The above does not include any offers applicable to your Sky package. These will appear in the Sky bill you'll receive once your products are up and running. If you've taken up a special offer, the Terms and Conditions for that offer override the relevant product or service standard Terms and Conditions."

You did read the whole letter I would hope rather than jump to conclusions?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 20 November 2013 at 7:35PM
    Options
    Todays offered bribe:

12 months unlimited bb alone (no sky landline).

£5/month + £75 credit + router.

12 months minimum contract
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    Decided to ignore Sky bribes and go to PlusNet, not impressed with the Sky hard sell by phone, email and letter + some of the comments seen on this thread.

Might be a mistake, have to wait and see.....
    sanfly
  • nickbeee
    Options
    Moving away.

First part of the process completed - land line transferred (back) to BT, number ported over successfully (Originally NTL number, then BT, then O2 home phone, now BT again).

Called and requested MAC code, helpful lady advised me it will be sent by email and text after asking my reason for leaving Sky. :)
    Just broke, even.
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, read the letter but good job i phoned because i was obviously not given my £75. They also said my o2 router can be used.
  • jem16
    Options
    hubb wrote: »
    They also said my o2 router can be used.

That's not correct.

If you are having BB only with Sky and migrating over onto the no tie-in plan, you will continue to use your O2 router.

If you are fully moving to Sky for BB, under a 12 months contract, you will receive a new Sky router. My router arrived today in readiness for my switch over on the 26th.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    That's not correct.

If you are having BB only with Sky and migrating over onto the no tie-in plan, you will continue to use your O2 router.

If you are fully moving to Sky for BB, under a 12 months contract, you will receive a new Sky router. My router arrived today in readiness for my switch over on the 26th.
    The. O2 router will continue to work when you switch bb only to sky.

Providing a new one just seems another bribe they have the discretion of adding to the deal to persuade us to migrate early.
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    sanfly wrote: »
    Decided to ignore Sky bribes and go to PlusNet, not impressed with the Sky hard sell by phone, email and letter + some of the comments seen on this thread.
    Might be a mistake, have to wait and see.....

Seems like Sky are really desperate to keep people, looks like plusnet presented my mac code to sky today and have had one email, one text saying please do not leave, also had one missed phone call from them.....
    sanfly
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport