Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• AmyLou1066
    Options
    Wow! Some of these responses have been really quick!

Me and OH are buying a new build on the Share to Buy Scheme:

26/10 - Mortgage Application Submitted
    29/10 - Underwriters asked for a few more details/documents
    05/11 - Valuation took place

So now just waiting... Our Mortgage Application is with the Halifax so hoping for a quick response as some of you have had. If the Valuation has taken place is this a good sign towards getting the mortgage offer seeing as we have already had all of the credit checks etc with the underwriters?

Thanks for any help! x
  • cherryblossomzel
    Options
    Hi could ask if anyone has had any experience of using L&C brokers? I don’t have a great credit history so I’ve been told to use a broker that can help in my situation. Any advice or recommendations would be very appreciated

I used L&C and am very happy with the service. That said, my case was quite straightforward, and my credit record very good, so don't know how that might translate. Might be worth at least having a conversation with them, see what they say.
  • Adeljay
    Options
    I've applied for a mortgage through with leeds building society. Now it's with the underwriters now and the valuation has been booked in for tomorrow. I called them today and they said that theyll update my mortgage broker on Thursday. I'm so nervous. Quick question though would leeds proceed with a valuation if they weren't happy with the application or it's still 50/50? Any experience with leeds building society
  • Advice_seeker1.
    Options
    Hi thank you and yes I’d appreciate if you could message me the details. I think we definitely will need a broker that can deal with our application. I just don’t want to waste anyone’s time going through the high street brokers that can only help anyone that has a good credit history. Thank you
  • Advice_seeker1.
    Options
    Hi can I ask if you’ve had any recommendations of a broker that will try to help finding a mortgage. We too havnt got a great credit file and the high street brokers can’t help us. So we are looking to find a broker that will be able to look at our situation and go to a lender that will consider us. Any advice would be appreciated
  • Adeljay
    Options
    I've applied for a mortgage through with leeds building society. Now it's with the underwriters now and the valuation has been booked in for tomorrow. I called them today and they said that theyll update my mortgage broker on Thursday. I'm so nervous. Quick question though would leeds proceed with a valuation if they weren't happy with the application or it's still 50/50? Any experience with leeds building society
  • typoon21
    Options
    Hey,

Thought I would post my current journey - We are buying the house we currently live in through Natwest (hopefully) via a broker.

25/08/2018 - AIP received
    [went away to save]
    26/10/2018 - Full application put through
    26/10/2018 - Valuation booked in for 1st November
    26/10/2018 - Solicitors instructed
    01/11/2018 - Valuation took place
    05/11/2018 - Called Broker been told valuation is fine it's now "going to offer" - meaning going to underwriters
    06/11/2018 - Paid for solicitors to begin searches

Now I wait for the decision. People who have been asked for more recent statements did you not do the most recent 3 months? I'd hate to have to go and get all them again!
  • Delighted to update my timeline:

21st Sept - offer accepted & we accepted an offer on our property
    25th Sept - AIP
    27th Sept - full mortgage application submitted
    1st Oct - most recent bank statement requested
    2nd Oct - most recent bank statement submitted
    5th Oct - mortgage valuation survey done
    12th Oct - broker informed us that the valuation survey showed high levels of damp in the downstairs
    29th Oct - damp and timber report carried out by independent surveyors, showed minor works required mainly replastering in living room (max cost £2,000)
    30th Oct - survey passed on to lender, who also requested most recent business bank statement
    6th Nov - phonecall from lender confirming mortgage offer is in the post 😁😁😁
  • danniwood86
    danniwood86 Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 November 2018 at 11:51PM
    Options
    Hello,

I'm new on these forums but have been reading through for a few weeks.
    We are FTB based in Scotland and here is out timeline so far:

28/9: Meet with Mortgage Adviser, DIP with TSB
    12/10: View property
    12/10: Take husband to see property, submit offer, meet with solicitor
    16/10: Offer accepted on property, contact mortgage adviser to submit application
    25/10: Mortgage Adviser submits full application to TSB
    08/11: Mortgage Offer received

We are now waiting for a decision with no idea how long it takes. Can we call the lenders ourselves and check the progress or does it have to go through the Mortgage Adviser everytime?
    Does anyone else have experiences with TSB?

:)
  • KnowledgeIsLife
    Options
    Unfortunately they are unlikely to discuss the case with you until after it has been approved by underwriters if you have done the application through a broker if you have gone direct with TSB then yes by all means you can contact them if not get your broker to call to get timescales etc.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback