Iphone stopped working,. Can I get the seller to repair / replace it or refund me.

Options

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »
    Xiaomi phones are a fraction of the price , decent phones and are currently in talks with uk networks to supply them direct.

They are HUGE in China , known as the Chinese Apple

Yes I read about it the other day, its about time too.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 September 2018 at 1:14AM
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    You're always ready to ride to the defence of Apple without adding anything useful.

The fact that Apple will only warrant their products for half the period of other, often cheaper manufacturers is hardly pointless but pretty pertinent on a consumer website.

A manufactures warranty is just a sales pitch by the company. A manufactures warranty does not reflect how good a product is or how good a company is at customer service. What is important is how good the product is to actually use and how good customer service is in resolving any issue with the customer.

The consumers rights act is there to offer guidance and protection to the customer if at some point the customer feels the retailer or manufacturer is not being reasonable in solving a issue.

If any company does not offer a product that does not meet the customer needs then they run the risk of losing that customer and possibly even go out of business.

People trotting out the same old same old BS that Apple products are over priced or not good enough are missing all the reasons why people may buy Apple products.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 12 September 2018 at 9:45AM
    Options
    john22 wrote: »
    A manufactures warranty is just a sales pitch by the company. A manufactures warranty does not reflect how good a product is or how good a company is at customer service. What is important is how good the product is to actually use and how good customer service is in resolving any issue with the customer.
    I disagree, it is a clear indication of how long the company is prepared to back its products in terms of life and fitness. A product that a company washes its hands of because it fails after 13 months is of no practical use whatsoever and I can guarantee the customer will not be impressed with the customer service
    People trotting out the same old same old BS that Apple products are over priced or not good enough are missing all the reasons why people may buy Apple products.

You mean hype, marketing and with the first model child-like simplicity.

If people want to spend their money on such products then let them. But let's recognise them for what they really are.
  • System
    Options
    I disagree, it is a clear indication of how long the company is prepared to back its products in terms of life and fitness. A product that a company washes its hands of because it fails after 13 months is of no practical use whatsoever and I can guarantee the customer will not be impressed with the customer service

You mean hype, marketing and with the first model child-like simplicity.

If people want to spend their money on such products then let them. But let's recognise them for what they really are.

So in summary crap warranty, customer service and devices that are child-like. What a wonderful, thoughtful and deep insight into what makes the iPhone a success.

If you aren’t already I think you should go into the consulting business as the world needs more people like you :rotfl:
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    So in summary crap warranty, customer service and devices that are child-like. What a wonderful, thoughtful and deep insight into what makes the iPhone a success.

If you aren’t already I think you should go into the consulting business as the world needs more people like you :rotfl:

Maybe he should do that with Apple, since he understands what they're about. Lots of businesses are successful at marketing enabling them to charge absurd prices.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So in summary crap warranty, customer service and devices that are child-like.

You finally understand.
  • System
    Options
    You finally understand.

Finally understand that you can’t just accept that a company makes a successful product that customers want. Kind of like what all other profitable phone manufacturers do.

Anyway continue your future success in armcharing businesses and when required being resentful and bitter towards anything that does not fit your narrow view of the world.
  • System
    Options
    Maybe he should do that with Apple, since he understands what they're about. Lots of businesses are successful at marketing enabling them to charge absurd prices.

Marketing just makes you aware of the product. If a product does not fit the customers needs then no amount of marketing will make that product a success.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Marketing just makes you aware of the product. If a product does not fit the customers needs then no amount of marketing will make that product a success.

Apple would indicate otherwise...

2s9q80n.png
  • System
    Options
    Apple would indicate otherwise...

2s9q80n.png

Ah the usual trope rolled out when one is ignorant and can’t accept when others do something they can’t understand.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure