Iphone stopped working,. Can I get the seller to repair / replace it or refund me.

Options

Comments

• mrochester
    mrochester Posts: 1,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 September 2018 at 6:14PM
    Options
    At least we're consistent. It's not the battery going down I object to - just the attempt to make it happen sooner in order to con me into buying another over-priced toy. No need for pity - we're not the ones paying through the nose every year or two merely to line the pockets of an organisation which plainly doesn't give a damn about its customers.

The slow down only happens when the battery degraded to the point where it needs to happen. No sooner, no later.

I buy Apple devices, not Android devices, so your last sentence makes no sense. My dads, sisters and MILs 2013 iPhone 5Ss are going great guns. How’s your galaxy S4 with Android Pie going?
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    I wouldn't know. Apart from a work tablet I don't use smartphones. If I did I would never pay for an Apple product. My last sentence makes perfect sense since (as you confirm) it describes you.
  • powerful_Rogue
    Options
    mrochester wrote: »
    The slow down only happens when the battery degraded to the point where it needs to happen. No sooner, no later.

I buy Apple devices, not Android devices, so your last sentence makes no sense. My dads, sisters and MILs 2013 iPhone 5Ss are going great guns. How’s your galaxy S4 with Android Pie going?

You do realise that the software upgrade model is totally different between iOS and Android.

iOS - Updates all core apps

Android - These are updated as and when they come out. So a Galaxy S4 will run the latest Google Maps, Gmail etc etc, despite not having the latest Android OS.
  • robti
    robti Posts: 202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And how is all these replies helping the op
  • mrochester
    Options
    You do realise that the software upgrade model is totally different between iOS and Android.

iOS - Updates all core apps

Android - These are updated as and when they come out. So a Galaxy S4 will run the latest Google Maps, Gmail etc etc, despite not having the latest Android OS.

But will be missing all of the latest APIs and security updates. Not so with iOS.

Anyway, I’m out now, it’s pointless arguing with the Android fans, they will always remain narrow minded and ignorant.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    mrochester wrote: »
    But will be missing all of the latest APIs and security updates. Not so with iOS.

Anyway, I’m out now, it’s pointless arguing with the Android fans, they will always remain narrow minded and ignorant.

And Apple fans will always remain closed minded. :D

All hail Steve Jobs :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    robin58 wrote: »

Was an apple bad to you when growing up?
  • mrochester
    Options
    robin58 wrote: »

Never met any closed minded Apple fans. They tend to be open minded, willing to try new things, then settle back on what is best.
  • Abbey1991
    Options
    It's best to buy iphones from the apple store as they tend to be quite kind if things go wrong after a couple of years, they definitely give more than one year's warranty if you have bought it from them.

I keep seeing Samsung stores in shopping centres so I guess they also offer good after-sales support.
  • Emily_Baker
    Options
    You may try the methods below to fix the smart phone before you repair it. Select a method that suits you most.

Method One. Fix Water Damaged iPhone.
    Whether the iPhone can be fixed successfully depends on the time that your iPhone in the water. So you should take your iPhone out of the liquid as soon as you find that your iPhone was dropped in the water. Then take the battery out and dry the device. Pay attention, do not use the electric hair drier which may make the things worse. If you cannot dry all the water by the cloth, you can burry the smart phone in a bag a rice and wait for about a day. This is a old but practical tips. You can also recover the files from water damaged iPhone.

Method Two. Recharge Your iPhone.
    Sometimes the iPhone may look like "dead" when it runs out of battery. So you can use the USB cable to charge your iPhone and wait for several minutes. You can turn on your iPhone after there is some battery in the device.

Method Three. Restart the iPhone.
    First, you can reboot the device with the normal way. Just press on the Power button for a while. If your iPhone screen remained black, you may try this way: press the Power button and the Home button at the same time for over ten seconds. It can restart the iPhone even the device is frozen.

Method Four. Go to an Apple Store.
    If none of the methods above is effective and you do not want to abandon the iPhone, then you can check the iPhone if is still under warranty and take it to the Apple Store. Technologists will repair your iPhone. Or you can also try the solution below to extract the iPhone files to the computer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure