Iphone stopped working,. Can I get the seller to repair / replace it or refund me.

Options
123457»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    mrochester wrote: »
    Never met any closed minded Apple fans. They tend to be open minded, willing to try new things, then settle back on what is best.

Did you write that with a straight face? If so, well done, I'm impressed. :rotfl:
  • Ceciclia_Garcia
    Options
    After charging your iPhone, if your iPhone cannot still turn on, and even the charging screen does not show on the screen when you plug it into a wall adapter or computer. Then you can try to force reboot your iPhone to fix it. This is the guide you can refer to.

Step 1. Long press the Power button and Home button on your iPhone, then you might see that your iPhone screen turns black. At this moment, let go both two buttons at the same time.
    Step 2. Press again the Power button till you can see an Apple logo display on iPhone screen. At this time, release the Power button.
    Step 3. Wait for a while and your iPhone will be restarted.
  • toshi
    toshi Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 October 2018 at 10:25PM
    Options
    toshi wrote: »
    Emphasis added. Yes, this is the real concern. Much worse, the consumers are forced to believe the failure would happen because the products became old (Apple store staff actual said so to my friend about her iPad mini 2 faulty with only 2-3 years use)

It seems that it is important for Apple (and any smartphone) customers to understand what is going on technically and demand the improvement on the durability of the product including hardware support/repair policy.

Independent repair professionals coin the term "Flexion based damage", the problem of which often find iPhone products. We are living in a great time as we can get the first hand expert analysis as below.

https://youtu.be/ZMLVjsaOT0Q?t=22m36s
    https://youtu.be/Lgv7aktFErA?t=8m42s

Anybody who is interested in the board level repair, I would recommend Jessa Jones iPhad rehab YouTube channel.

In comparison with Android device, Apple offers a longer software (iOS) support for 5 years, which is GREAT! Some would justify Apple's higher price as long as Apple offers a decent reasonable hardware support up to 5 years.

I am not saying Apple should offer 5 years hardware warranty, Apple have to offer to 5 years use solution including independent repair services and genuine /3rd party high quality spare parts supply. That would create a wider hardware repair Eco system.

(Please note Apple attempts to kill 3rd party parts supply and independent repair shops)

Apple tried to sue a small iPhone repair shop in Norway, the repair shop won

It seems that Apple attempts to monopolise hardware repair business completely, and do not offer a decent repair service, but offer a refurbished replacement at inflated price.

Like or not, Apple love to control 100% software development including 3rd party application development. Accordingly Apple would be able to offer a high quality software user experience. But this approach doesn't work with hardware support aspects, as far as I know.

I personally am very much concerned about eWaste issue. As Apple (and Samsung) dominates UK market, all of us need to understand what is going on technically and be critical of some of their policies.

Related Issue: Apple users need to demand the improvement after sales support. From the MSE point of view, we have to consider a repair and maintenance cost, in addition to a hardware cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XneTBhRPYk

(I personally don't agree on the view on Planned Obsolescence to slow down the performance, instead, the problem to me that Apple does not offer a battery replacement programme in iPhone for 5 year use in spite of the fact that Apple offer a respectable 5 year OS support. (unlike Android OS)

Let's stop sectarian war between iPhone and Android (Samsung?) that is not the issue here. The issue is that how to protect your (both iPhone and Android) smartphone, wallet, and this planet (less eWaste) :A
  • savage444
    Options
    How do i upload a new question ? thanks
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    savage444 wrote: »
    How do i upload a new question ? thanks

Click on 'New Thread' at the top of the page under the 'Mobile' label.
  • acc
    acc Posts: 463 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    That's the one, the software that made your phone appear much slower than the latest and greatest (and more expensive) iPhone forcing people to "upgrade". The software that they only admitted to when they were found out and then put a spin on it that the sheep lapped up.

Sneakiest company going.
    Apple and Samsung fined for deliberately slowing down phones.

Apple and Samsung are being fined €10m and €5m respectively in Italy for the “planned obsolescence” of their smartphones, after an investigation found that certain smartphone software updates had a negative effect on the performance of the devices.

The investigation followed accusations operating system updates for older phones slowed them down, thereby encouraging the purchase of new phones.

“Apple and Samsung implemented dishonest commercial practices” and operating system updates “caused serious malfunctions and significantly reduced performance, thus accelerating phones’ substitution”.

The two firms had not provided clients adequate information about the impact of the new software “or any means of restoring the original functionality of the products”.

Apple told iPhone 6 owners to install an operating system designed for the iPhone 7, leading to problems for owners of the older model.

Both firms were issued the maximum fine of €5m each, and Apple was fined an additional €5m for failing to give customers clear information about “essential” characteristics of lithium batteries, including their average life expectancy, how to maintain them or eventually replace them in the firm’s iPhones.

Apple acknowledged in December that it had intentionally slowed iPhones with degraded batteries through software updates to avoid sudden shutdown problems, but denied it had ever done anything to intentionally shorten the life of a product.

The company later apologised for its actions and reduced the cost of battery replacements. It also added battery health information to iOS and allowed users to turn off the slowing down of the iPhone’s processor.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure