Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Hi Lucky, hope the boys are happy the summer hols have finally arrived. Enjoy your evening out with everybody. xx

Thanks tea. They boys are thrilled to be finished and DS2 and I had a lovely meal (though expensive at £31 for the two of us including tip :eek:. We only had one drink each and DS2 had a kids meal. I didn’t have a pud as I couldn’t afford one!!).

We had a quiet day yesterday to let the boys chill out. I spent the day tidying and listing on eBay. Today we’ve been to a free event at a local museum. MiL came too and bought us all lunch :T. I put some change into collection buckets, but otherwise didn’t spend anything :T.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,495 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blimey, that is dear for the two of you & with no pudding & a kids meal.
    Glad that you enjoyed it though :)
    Happy holidays :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks tea. They boys are thrilled to be finished and DS2 and I had a lovely meal (though expensive at £31 for the two of us including tip :eek:. We only had one drink each and DS2 had a kids meal. I didn’t have a pud as I couldn’t afford one!!).

We had a quiet day yesterday to let the boys chill out. I spent the day tidying and listing on eBay. Today we’ve been to a free event at a local museum. MiL came too and bought us all lunch :T. I put some change into collection buckets, but otherwise didn’t spend anything :T.

Glad you had a nice evening Lucky, but blimey, £31 when one of the meals was a kids one is eye watering :eek: A lovely treat for both of you though.

I'm hoping to get some museum trips in as well. I'm trying to get a good balance between Xbox vs. fresh air this holiday :rotfl: xx
  • teafor2
    Options
    Haha, me and Beanie are psychic in our shockability :rotfl: xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,495 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    Haha, me and Beanie are psychic in our shockability :rotfl: xx

We are indeed :rotfl: xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Heh heh, shocked in unison!! To be fair, the Italian restaurant we went to is a bit posher than some round here. However, they normally have deals for 2 or 3 courses. No one thought about the fact it was a Friday evening and all deals were off :(.

Tea, I’m totally with you on the Xbox vs fresh air thing!! Xx
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,429 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That was a very expensive meal :(. I would just think how much food you could buy for £31. Glad you enjoyed it though.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Can’t sleep :(. Lots going on in my head, so thought I’d come on here and dump it. Nothing bad as such, just can’t switch off. Not helped by DH’s snoring either!!

DS2 didn’t get a main role in the film, but true to his word the director has offered a supporting role :T. DS2 is quite happy with that :D.

When I got a PPI refund earlier in the year, they automatically deducted tax. 8 weeks ago I applied for it back online and have been waiting to hear from them since. Today (well, yesterday now) I got a letter saying “you’ve over paid tax, if you’d like it back please apply online”. :mad:. I mean, what a waste of time, why didn’t they just issue a refund?!?! Anyway, applied online (again!) and should have £54 back within 5 working days.

One item has sold on eBay for a small profit of about £3.50 after fees. Bids on another item and watchers on the rest. I’ve also claimed another £5 Amazon voucher from Swagbucks, making £62 this year. It all adds up, but I could really do with making a decent amount of money. Just not sure how :think::think:.

Today (real today!!) marks the 18th anniversary of us moving in to this house. 7 years left to go on the mortgage and £15022 left to pay!
  • teafor2
    Options
    Morning Lucky :) Hope you finally dropped off. I was tossing and turning all night because it was so hot.

Shame about the main role but really good that DS has been given the chance to take part. It's all good experience and gets his face and acting skills out there - you never know who's watching.

I'm sure there's a "let's see how difficult we can make this for the public" committee out there somewhere :mad: At least the money should be with you soon.

We committed the MSE cardinal sin of adding money and years to our mortgage for home improvements :rotfl: but I'm OK with that. The value of what we paid & borrowed is about 1/3 of what the house is worth now so a good profit. Not wishing the 7 years away but you'll be mortgage free before you know it.

Hope you have a lovely day. And if you find a decent money making idea will you drop me a line ;) xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I certainly will tea, though I haven’t come up with anything thus far!!

Our mortgage is ‘only’ £15k because the critical illness policy paid off about 90% of the balance, but thanks to a loophole they squeezed through, we were left with around £26k left to pay. Almost half way now!

So we took the kids rock pooling today :T. Had to buy them new nets and a bucket, but they weren’t expensive at £5 for the lot from the lighthouse shop, and the profits go towards the lighthouse anyway :D. MiL came too and paid for (most of) lunch, and we bought the ice creams. So not a free day but a very enjoyable one :j. Lots of crabs caught :o and let go again. Left Oakie-doke at home though. It’s not often the North East sees highs of over 30 degrees, and it was far too hot for fur coats!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport