Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    Shred day 12 done. I don't dislike cycle one but much prefer it when it's done as the rest of the cycles seem to fly (even though they're physically harder!) 10k steps done, did get quite a few of them doing laps of the aisles in m*s waiting for the reductions.

Images of the crazy lady going round and round in M*S, basket in hand..:rotfl:
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Apple, had an early night (unintentional as watching a new series on n3tflix which was fab!)

Debtfree, you're not far off!!
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • CathT
    Options
    I'm counting yesterday as a success. What a difference a productive day can make to your mindset.

Sorted out the huge task of school uniforms and we have plenty for next year. Worked out we just needed to buy some PE kit items, shirts for dd and shoes. All old items taken to a hospice shop in town which has a section for uniform. Dh then popped to primarni to get pe kit items plus general tops and joggers the children will need after the summer. After sorting through ds's we put 3 too small pairs in charity bag and for the 3 pairs with holes in I cut up for cleaning rags.

Also made a soup with my yellow sticker items to get a few more days out of them. It went down well with Dh and dd so might not supply as many work lunches for me as planned! I stewed some soft apples and had them with other fruit for my breakfast to avoid waste. Made a stir fry for my meals today (again was a yellow sticker pack).

Dh spent £1.75 on coffee and I made a 28p Tilly tidy. Also no wine has been drunk by anyone this weekend. I don't miss it but Dh does enjoy a bottle at the weekend which is just a habit.

Today's plan is more puppy research, buy a dog cage and decide on vet and insurance.

Other than that I'm hoping it's a relaxing day. It's raining so hopefully the children will be happy with a chill day. I may pop out for yellow stickers later!

August spends

Supermarket £93.54
    Fuel £60.02
  • CathT
    Options
    Quick Sunday evening check in.

Took the children swimming this morning to maximise gym membership. They've not been interested for months but at least it's getting used. They did some actual swimming plus fun games so both really enjoyed it. I've competed shred day 14 and my 10k steps. Took some progress photos today I am really happy with too.

Popped to M&S with my mum, there was a lot of competition there today!! :) managed to get quite a few bargains though. Mine came to around £6 but as I had a £3.50 voucher my mum used off her shopping she put mine through with hers and I paid for the parking so cost £1.50! Will still add to the food spent even though I barely spent anything! I've had to do some careful planning for my meals to make sure things get used up.

Dh returned some things to primarni but we also had a groupOn offer which for us a £20 voucher for £10 so may schedule another shopping trip. The children are happy with their clothes so that's a success.

Housework up to date, Washing ready to be hung out tomorrow so we are starting the new working week as organised as we can be.

August spends

Supermarket £100
    Fuel £60.02
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Sounds like a good weekend Cath!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • CathT
    Options
    Plodding through the week and edging slightly closer to mortgage freedom.

Need to finish off school uniform shopping and Mr S have 25% so will pop there (or send Dh!) Then school shoes need buying next week and we are ready.

Minimal spends means no Tilly tidies but hopefully a good amount left before payday next week will mean we can send a lump sum over. Accounts currently looking healthy so fingers crossed.

August spends

Supermarket £117.36
    Fuel £60.02
  • CathT
    Options
    Good morning. We have woken up to glorious sunshine which is lovely after such a dreary day yesterday. I may even put the garden cushions back out!

Off to see our puppy again this morning as have plans next few weekends. It's a bit of a drive so might tie it in with a bit of a walk in the area.

Still shredding (day 20 today) and have had 2 rest days so far. Did have a mini blowout last night on wine and treats but line drawn and it's a new day today. Slept in by shred day 20 is done! Ds was going to join in but gave up as the warm up was too hard!!

Spotted some funds in tcb have become payable so will request and overpay later.

August spends

Supermarket £148.25
    Fuel £90.02
  • CathT
    Options
    Good morning. Have woken up to sunshine but soaking wet garden cushions! Never known such unpredictable weather but the forecast is looking good especially the bank holiday weekend.

Saw our gorgeous puppy yesterday and he has changed so much. Super excited about bringing him home in a few weeks. Ordered a crate off amaz0n and it only ended up costing just over £3 as we had but up some credit from surveys. Also had another group0n offer so now have £10 for t3sco which only cost £5. It's a shame it was limited to one voucher. Will use t towards school uniform or a kettle as ours is playing up. It randomly switches itself back on or chooses not to boil at all. Had a moment this morning where o thought it wouldn't work but thankfully it did and first coffee has been had.

Shred day 21 awaits, lost 0.3lb this week. The last few pounds really are stubborn aren't they. I'm pretty much happy where I am but would happily lost this last little bit if it was easier!

79p Tilly tidy sent to mortgage this morning from current account. Do have some more payable in tcb but can't cash out until later as cashed out yesterday so will save that for tomorrow's Tilly tidy. £160 left in food/fuel budget to last 5 days so lots left for an overpayment there. Current account looking ok but football subscriptions due for dd and school shoes need to be purchased this week.

No great plans for today, Hopefully a busier morning then a chilled afternoon. May do some meal planning for the next two weeks to really keep our spends to a minimum and only buy what is absolutely necessary.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That first coffee is a precious necessity, isn't it?!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • CathT
    Options
    Absolutely Apple, new kettle purchased today as it was getting a bit risky! Had a £10 t3sco e-gift Card which cost £5 and also £3.50 of clubcard vouchers. Just needed to find £2.50 cash and I had enough for a new kettle and some school shirts for dd.

No food/fuel spends and account looking healthy and only needs to last 3 more days. Dh is going to buy the school shoes tomorrow so current account will take a hit. We are lucky to have an outlet village fairly nearby though.

Was having a good day of nutrition but some home baked goods have been eaten. Am looking to maintain over the next couple of weeks to try and prevent major holiday indulgence and weight gain! Shred day 22 done and on almost 11k steps for the day. Just had a low calorie hot chocolate to ward off further cravings.

Trying to ignore any news about the state pension age being increased!

August spends

Supermarket £151.03
    Fuel £90.02
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback