Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Seeing results after only 8 days must be so motivating. Well done!

If I played tennis for an hour, I'd clock up thousands of steps - purely from always having to go and get the ball!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Haha Apple. Dd challenged me to a particularly hard and long rally. I was hitting directly back to her and she wasn't as considerate!! Am blaming a dodgy Fitb1t.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • CathT
    Options
    Shred level 3 - day 9 and I need a rest day. At least I know it's working!

Popped to m*s for reduction time yesterday but it was a bit disappointing. Only one person reducing stuff so it took ages and I had to do a bit of loitering! However, got a basket of bargains for £5.08 and made myself 4 portions of a delicious stir fry.

61p Tilly tidy this morning and have also paid £40 off dd school trip. She has also been accepted to train with the girls regional football team which is fab. 3rd year she has been accepted and this will be the second year she has decided to play after turning it down last year. Now need to find the £200 subscription fees!!

My car also had a free service yesterday and has returned very shiny, let's hope it's running beautifully too.

Dh off with the children today and I think a low key day is needed. It's all well and good having days out and lots of playing out etc but they're both exhausted.

Right best get moving and at least get some steps in if I'm not shredding.

August spends

Supermarket £40.48
    Fuel £60.02
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Well done to dd!

Hope you get the steps in...

A pottering day is good - we can't keep having super busy ones. We're just mooching around today after yesterday's biking adventure.
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great news about the football! Hope you are having a low key day and resting!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • CathT
    Options
    Still hitting my steps and shredded again this morning. Counting today as day 10 despite my rest day yesterday.

One day closer to mortgage freedom. NSD which always helps.

Feel like I have so much to do over the next 3 weeks and very little time to do it. Making a list and delegating some tasks will definitely help. School uniform needs to feature highly on the list. We have most things but definitely need shoes and ds is moving up to year 3 so needs some extra bits. We actually only have 2 weekends to do it in so need to get organised.

No Tilly tidies the last two days but at least this means the account have remained tidy. Accounts looking healthy and just over 2 weeks to payday so hopefully be able to divert some funds to savings/mortgage just before payday.

August spends
    Supermarket £50.59
    Fuel £60.02
  • CathT
    Options
    Just a quick update for accountability.

Shred day 11 done.
    10k steps done.

Small food shop of some yellow sticker bargains. I have the most delicious salads prepped for tomorrow!

Taxi confirmed for holiday which is a relief as I was starting to panic a little! Tickets should be ready over the next week so once we're checked in it will feel more real.

Really need to get on with some jobs this weekend so a list might be a good place to start........:

August spends

Supermarket £60.08
    Fuel £60.02
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    Options
    Great organisational skills Cath..
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • CathT
    Options
    Thanks Mfd. Actually feeling a bit overwhelmed this evening. The usual, so much to do and so little time......
    Really need to get some jobs ticked off this weekend. Bad weather may before a day at home so hopefully plenty of time to do it.

Shred day 12 done. I don't dislike cycle one but much prefer it when it's done as the rest of the cycles seem to fly (even though they're physically harder!) 10k steps done, did get quite a few of them doing laps of the aisles in m*s waiting for the reductions. A less impressive haul today but for £3.52 I'm pretty happy with a carrier bag full. Got ingredients for stir fry, a soup and some sausage rolls.

Had an early start this morning due to the rain waking me at 5:15am so hoping I don't nod off too early this evening!

August spends
    Supermarket £93.54
    Fuel £60.02
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hope you get more sleep amd feel more 'up and at 'em' tomorrow.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback