Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Throwing my tuppence worth in. I put my TT's into a separate account and then OP the pot every Sunday morning. It really helps with motivation during the slumps and I then have an OP made every week (we are FD mortgage holders aswell).
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Pirategirl
    Pirategirl Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Jimmy 😊. Think I will put mine in a separate account and call them to overpay once a month. Then I will find out of there is a minimum op value 😂
    Pirategirl says; 'He likes to butt things with his head...'
    Mortgage Free... Start date: 08/08/12 87426.26. 26/07/18 74937.61. Tilly tidiies starting July 19 - 0.64
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today has been fairly productive. Didn't manage to sleep in at all though as the rain woke me at 6am, yet I somehow slept through the thunderstorm earlier this week!

We have however been to view our puppy today (this was the mystery savings pot) and he has been secured with a deposit. We are first time dog owners and have a lot to learn before he comes to us in September! Also need to research pet insurance and choose a local vet.

Didn't make it to the gym as had my hair cut this morning and it was a 40 minute drive each way to the puppy. Other than that we've been at home due to the weather, it has rained all day!

Think the children have a mild dose of cabin fever so hoping for drier, brighter weather soon!
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,967 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh wow a puppy! How exciting :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Pirategirl
    Pirategirl Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    A puppy!!! 😍😍🤩😍😍
    Pirategirl says; 'He likes to butt things with his head...'
    Mortgage Free... Start date: 08/08/12 87426.26. 26/07/18 74937.61. Tilly tidiies starting July 19 - 0.64
  • CathT
    Options
    Yes definitely exciting times. He's gorgeous, he's a chocolate brown sprocker. He'll be around 9 weeks when we get him as need to wait until we get back off holiday. Any tips hugely appreciated!!

Well yesterday was productive, Dh did some overtime so I went to the gym when he got back. Did a 10k run in just over 60 minutes. The treadmill rudely kicked in with a cool down when I hit 60 minutes and I had around 150m to go so had to crank the speed back up again. Pleased with that though, most I've run lately is 5k and I've not really run for a long time. Feeling it in my legs today though! I've also decided to do 30 day shred before my holiday in theory starting on Thursday but may start today as it's my day off. Also trying to be really focused with my nutrition and wondering what I can achieve in the next 5 weeks.

The weather has been dreadful
    Here since the heatwave ended and yesterday was non stop rain. We are forecast dry sunny weather all day today so I need to get all the washing done, let the garden cushions dry off and store them. Forecast this week is awful again - was that heatwave really our summer?

96p bank credit which was Cashback from current account (trying to be more savvy with this) so have overpaid it off the mortgage.

Both bathrooms deep cleaned yesterday and rest of the house looking good. The children have a few chores to earn pocket money now and it's working well.

Do have a few admin type jobs today....

Pay water bill - done
    Confirm holiday taxi as no reply to my text
    Pay some of dd's school residential trip
    Look at pet insurance
    Chase up window cleaner as have left a voicemail

Other than that, not much planned. Best not arrange too much as going straight into level 3 of shred!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yikes to level 3!

And yikes to a puppy too!

But both are good yikeses!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • CathT
    Options
    It was a tough one Apple, I'd forgotten how hard it is! I did it though and only have 29 left to do!

We are super excited about the puppy and now we have named him it feels even more real.

Super productive but exhausting day today. Shred done first thing then got as much done in the garden as possible. Trimmed all hedges/bushes back in the back garden, dried all the cushions and stored them away, weeded and brushed the patio and mowed both lawns. It loves very tidy in preparation for the awful weather that's forecast. The idea was to get it all done so that we can enjoy it again when the sun comes back out without waiting for everything to dry off. Garden bin completely done and we've done two skip runs so be able to plan more once bin emptied this week. Walked to the pharmacy (20 minutes each way) to collect my prescription, not there but not counting it as a wasted trip as helped me get my steps up. On almost 13000 and I truly haven't stopped all day.

2 loads of washing line dried (yet to be put Away) and also washed two pairs of dd old football type trainers (astros I think) ready for ds. Dd has had football trials so we will find out how she has done in a couple of weeks. She's scored a couple of goals each week so fingers crossed she's had some good games.

Payday for dh tomorrow so any extra have been split in thirds between holiday/mortgage/savings. The savings part I split again and sent half to ISA and half to puppy fund.

Right, early night needed and I'll try not to think about the fact I will need to have started shred by 7am at the latest tomorrow!
  • CathT
    Options
    Shred day 2 done so that's an achievement.

£24.23 top up food shop so fingers crossed for no further spends tomorrow. Also need to avoid spends early on in August as psychologically it doesn't do my monthly spends tracking any good!

98p Tilly tidy and overpayments looking reasonable for the month.

July spends

Supermarket £227.83
    Fuel £111.24
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yay to shred 2! Not quitethe same, but I did 2x5min workouts at the gym while dd had her swim lesson. I did them in the 'stretch room' which is where the kettlebells live. (And I'm not indanger of knocking someone out as I swing!) So I mostly used the 12k one for all kinds of swings. Then did a tough bodyweight one. Now I'm all tired out!!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback