Options
    I'm the same with the pension age!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just a quick check in as an early night is needed. Workout done this morning despite not wanting to (was fine once a few minutes into it). Steps hit and nutrition ok. Trying not to put too much pressure on myself with it all though.

School shoes bought. Dh said it was incredibly busy but quality shoes purchased for a bargain £58 for two pairs. Small top up shop done, a little more than the 5 items on the list but it will all get used.

60p tilly tidy from tcb and hoping for a nsd day tomorrow.

August spends

Supermarket £165.16
    Fuel £95.02
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you slept well and feel refreshed for the day ahead.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • CathT
    Options
    Thanks Apple, fell asleep on the sofa just before 9pm last night so being kind to myself right now. Should be doing my workout but may do it later.

£2 Tilly tidy yesterday which was meant to be pennies but I left the account with odd pennies so rounded down to nearest £10. We are actually entering payday with money left. There's £135 in the food account which is what we came in under budget last month so at least that adds up!

Will work out later where to send these surplus funds (not usually in this position). It will likely be split between dd school trip/mortgage/ISA

Looking forward to a sunny weekend, have a busy week ahead next week so recharging this weekend with sunshine and warmth will definitely help.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,967 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great food spends again Cath :T
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    Options
    Thanks newgirly, we are still using up stores as trying to limit spends until we get back off holiday when we will probably need to buy everything! Filled car with fuel yesterday so fuel spends up but we're away this weekend and will also need to fill up on the way back.

Did some money shuffling with our surplus funds yesterday, £13.70 to mortgage and £50 to ISA. Still have £85 to decide what to do with from that. Used some of the leftover current account funds to buy two new school cardigans for dd, just need some skirts and we are done!

Payday today so usual money shuffle done, 41p tilly tidy done. Updated spreadsheet and we are one decent tilly tidy away from knocking another month off that one. It's a fairly small standard repayment each month £216 so comes down quickly. £265 sent to cc for holiday balance so that's almost zero and still have £100 floating to decide what to do with.

It really is nice to have spare cash and the decision of do I invest in ISA/mortgage/spend? The latter is the least likely option!

August spends

Supermarket £165.16
    Fuel £131.50
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You can't have many more shreds left to do now... Will you workout when you're on holiday?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • CathT
    Options
    Well I got to say 24 and had a rest day but that was a few days ago. I did do 2 x 45 minute gym classes with my friend yesterday which were pretty tough and lots of activity got me to 13k steps. I really wanted before and after shred photos but I know I feel better so will take that. I will try and do it 3-4 times a week for more progression and maintenance now as it is such a good workout.

Spends currently ok, hoping to home on the remaining fuel we have which means the round trip has cost £35 of fuel which is really good.

Other than that we are making lots of memories in the sunshine.

Will sort out finances and overpayments once home. Will be a crazy few days before we are off on holiday again!
  • CathT
    Options
    Well we are back from our weekend complete with tans and memory bank topped up. Feel like we have had a holiday!

Have eaten far too much though so need to be good for a few days before we go on holiday!

So back to normal routine for a few days. Did 2 loads of washing when we got in and have another load to do tomorrow. Have a bit of a jobs list so some delegation is needed. Off the top of my head we need to.....

Finalise what pet insurance and vet plan we need.
    Buy everything we need for first few days with a puppy!
    Buy 2 school skirts for dd (she needs to choose as is fussy and will just refuse to wear anything else)
    Pack for holiday
    Get euros
    Sort out check in and get boarding passes
    Cut lawns
    Complete money shuffle when Dh gets paid.

August spends

Supermarket £176.13
    Fuel £141.50
  • CathT
    Options
    A busy few days ahead. So much to get ready for holiday and the puppy and we are running out of preparation days! Managed to buy basics we need for the first few days on the way home from work last night. A top up shop including fresh eggs from the local garage so I will be fed for a few days.

Found an £11.53 Cashback payment into current account this morning so have overpaid that. I had made an 85p Tilly tidy yesterday which knocked another month off mortgage part 2. We've only been overpaying that one for a few months and have knocked off 4 months so far which is great.

August spends

Supermarket £186.55
    Fuel £141.50
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback