Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,967 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a good holiday Cath and congratulations on your new addition :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks newgirly. Might be the last holiday for a while judging by prices next year. They're extortionate!

Puppy is settling in really well. We're progressing at night and toilet training going well. He is expensive though - another £136 spent yesterday booking his second vaccinations and then all his lifetime ones. He's off for his injections today and rules about outside walks seem to differ so checking with vet again today.

13p Tilly tidy yesterday and £2.10 today which was leftover in a bills account and include account reward money. Have another account I can shuffle a Tilly tidy from once piano lessons paid for this month.

Keeping food spends low by using up what we have but a decent food shop will be needed fairly soon - or we could be really creative?
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Depending on what you are looking for Cath, booking flights and hotels separately can be cost effective … I've been doing that since my girls were teens. Next year I've booked one with TU1 and that's a PITA as I have to pay for it 4 months early.
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • CathT
    Options
    Yeah we were hoping to book separately this year. Just hoping flight prices come down but when I looked at the hotel price it's shocking! We've had free child places with tu1 so normally get a good deal. Don't think br3xit is helping with holiday prices. Something will come up.

Back to standard spends although did buy some new toys for puppy today and a basket to store them in. He's just had a mad 10 minutes in the garden and is now snoozing.

35p Tilly tidy today and small top up shop of about £12. Spend spends looking good as we were away the beginning of the month. Had piano bill through so need to check account for any surplus funds.

September spends

Supermarket £38.18
    Fuel £60.01
  • CathT
    Options
    £24.60 overpayment to start the day which was surplus from a bills account after piano lessons were paid for. Puppy spends have depleted the main current account but payday not too far away and no real spends planned.

£5 spent on school trip for dd, the back to school spends begin....
  • Hazelnutty
    Options
    Ugh yes, just been invoiced for Christmas Panto class trip for DD. WTAF.
    Choose kind:)
  • CathT
    Options
    Endless at this time of year isn't it Hazelnutty. I still need to organise a costume for dd's trip.

Yesterday I focused on tying to work through our to do list. Some good progress made. Snug room (we don't really use this room and was made when we had our extension) does have great potential to be a dumping ground so this has been cleared and repurposed with some of the dog's things. He wasn't keen on sleeping in there last night though but overall is doing brilliantly. Just need to organise booking on the puppy training course this week for a 6 week course starting next month. Lead walks so far have not been a great success!

Lots of washing done yesterday and two beds changed (will do another today), both lawns cut which were surprisingly long and took a lot longer than expected. I was think whilst doing it they we spent so much time getting the garden ready for Summer but barely used it.

£50 cash drawn out for remaining food spends. I get paid next week. I'm so glad we have passed the money shuffling stage at this point of the month and have been ending the month strong.

Hopefully I'll work through the rest of the 'to-do' list today but it very much depends on how lively the puppy is!

September spends

Supermarket £45.87
    Fuel £60.01
  • CathT
    Options
    Well it's been another busy day. We have as productive as possible though. Vegetable soup made for lunches in the week, fridge use up for meals this weekend. Worked my way through he jobs list and will see what's left tomorrow.

Survived a very crazy hour with the puppy! Wow they do keep you on your toes!

September spends

Supermarket £59.03
    Fuel £60.01
  • CathT
    Options
    Quick check in....

Small top up shop to keep us going the next few days. Remaining food budget is looking good.

Sold an item on fb for £20 so will overpay the funds.

September spends

Supermarket £70.25
    Fuel £60.01
  • CathT
    Options
    Not getting much time on here. Not been well for a couple of weeks and symptoms worsening and not really sure what it is. Going for a chest X-ray later so see what that brings.

Dog continuing to bring us a lot of joy and he's really settling into a routine. Doesn't like the lead but we are working on that and hoping to get somewhere before the puppy training classes start next month.

Spends remain low, am doing some money shuffling but not a problem. Payday next week and plenty left in food/fuel account so can make a good overpayment at the weekend.

£24 overpaid this morning made up of fb sale and tcb money.

It's getting quite nippy here in the mornings/evenings but the heating is not going on yet!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback