PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How many bathroom towels do you have?

Options

Comments

• AnneMary
    Options
    I live alone and have three bath sheets which I rotate, two hand towels for the bathroom, a bath sheet and hand towel for guests plus two bath towels in case I have multiple guests.
    I have totally decluttered ( it took three years) and I recommend starting with quick, easy and unsentimental fixes like towels and bedding. Life is too short for tired towels. Extras are welcomes by animal rehousing places like Blue Cross or Clothes Banks
  • Nessie_Noo
    Options
    Hello
    Any local animal sanctuary would be happy to take old towels. Just a thought :)
  • AElene
    AElene Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    I tried repairing my old towels which were going a bit threadbare, but without much success so they got turned into rags.

We have about 4 large towels for showering, maybe 5 hand towels, mainly for standing on when you get out of the shower or for me drying my hair, and then about 5 or 6 'guest' towels which we use for drying our hands.

I guess it depends on how often you want to launder them. I like to have a bit of a turnaround and I wash the towels about once a week.
  • Out of my only towel, I'm getting another week from it!
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 September 2017 at 10:00AM
    Options
    I'm seeing quite a bit of love for bath sheets on this thread which surprises me.

I inherited an old one from my parents and found it way too huge to be practical. It was from the 70's and falling apart anyway, so it was easy to chuck, but it's not a towel size I'd buy again.

I use bath sheets for myself as i can then decently walk from the bathroom to my bedroom. I also have a HUGE one which is brown and which I used in hospital having the kids - excellent colour ;)

PASTURES NEW - PLEASE use your 'too nice' sheets :cool: I stopped having 'for bests' some time ago.

I have culled but I have

Huge bath sheet
    Two bath sheets
    12 bath towels
    8 hand towels (used in kitchen too, and one as a hair wrap)
    LOTS of flannels.
    Towels are issued out one per person. Bath towels are NEVER shared here. And washed at 60 degrees.

Thought of getting rid of the flannels - however as my hot water is currently off (boiler) I am having flannel washes so they are going to be needed I will use once - all over and strategically;) then wash them...I will also be popping out for a shower at some point today!

Old towels get cut down for cleaning cloths. And then used and washed until they are no more practical use.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • iammumtoone
    Options
    I dont know the exact count but far too many.

We have nice ones for bathing and older ones for mopping up spillages which is regular occurrence (split drinks mainly).

I do have two of my sons baby towels left (he is 10). I really need to replace them but trying to justify to myself buying baby towels with no baby in the house :rotfl:I use them all the time for drying/wrapping my hair, the part that you out over the babys head I put over my head and wrap round, it works well but a bit of an extravagance to purchase new ones when any towel (which I have plenty) can be wrapped round the head.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I do have two of my sons baby towels left (he is 10). I really need to replace them but trying to justify to myself buying baby towels with no baby in the house :rotfl:I use them all the time for drying/wrapping my hair, the part that you out over the babys head I put over my head and wrap round, it works well but a bit of an extravagance to purchase new ones when any towel (which I have plenty) can be wrapped round the head.
    That's a revelation to me, I never heard of "baby towels". Is it actually easier to use them than "normal" towels for the hair? I ask because that's one thing I really struggle with - being disabled and with frozen shoulder to boot, and having to wash waist-length hair is not a good combination, and I'm wondering if this would make life easier, or would I just be throwing money away? :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    That's a revelation to me, I never heard of "baby towels". Is it actually easier to use them than "normal" towels for the hair? I ask because that's one thing I really struggle with - being disabled and with frozen shoulder to boot, and having to wash waist-length hair is not a good combination, and I'm wondering if this would make life easier, or would I just be throwing money away? :o

http://www.mothercare.com/towels-and-flannels/cuddle-n-dry---2-pack/LKA513.html?dwvar_LKA513_color=Duck%20%26%20Elephant&cgid=#q=baby+towel&start=2

I tip my head forward and put the open triangle hood bit at the back of my head then wrap the rest of it around my hair and 'flip' it back. Not much different to what I would do with a standard towel, to me it is slightly easier but certainly not worth the money to spend on new ones.

Do you know anyone with a baby about to grow out of these? Its something you need to try really before spending that much as I don't know if it would be a help to you, I still need to use my shoulder in the same way. They are smaller than ordinary towels so your long hair may not fit into them (mine is shoulder length).
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    6 huge bath sheets, 6 large bath towels I use for hair, 6 hand towels I rarely use. Loads of flannels, all are white. They get little use & I rotate so they'll last ages.
    Two fushia pink huge beach towels :-)
    I live alone :-)
  • One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The bath sheets at Holiday Inn Berlin were so fluffy I could barely shut my suitcase. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure