PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How many bathroom towels do you have?

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,098 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    3 of us. 6 hand towels, 6 bath towels. We dont really need 6 as i launder every day.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Two of us, three sets of towels, a bath sheet, bath towel hand towel, 2 sets are Christy towels I have had then for 27 years and they are still going strong.

I do have a couple of spare towels, which get used occasionally if we have visitors and a couple of flannels.
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow, I feel a bit scummy now! We each have one nice bath towel and we have two hand towels in the bathroom. OH has kept his last 'nice' towel too, as he doesn't always hang his up to dry properly. They all get washed once a week. I have two spare sets for guests.
  • London_Town
    Options
    rach_k wrote: »
    Wow, I feel a bit scummy now! We each have one nice bath towel and we have two hand towels in the bathroom. OH has kept his last 'nice' towel too, as he doesn't always hang his up to dry properly. They all get washed once a week. I have two spare sets for guests.

Please don't feel scummy. I may have a ludicrous number of towels, but I have one in use for a whole week before it gets washed at the weekend.

How do you cope with one bath towel each though? what happens while it's in the wash?
  • London_Town
    Options
    I am in the same position as you ....

I've got towels I bought donkeys' years ago - and a towel a friend bought me for Xmas 15 years ago.

I've got 3 new towels bought 8 years ago that I've barely used... because they're "too nice".

I've also got "house clearance towels", not many, but about 3 bath sheets.

And then .... just for good measure ... when I bought this house 3 years ago I got sent a random house-warming gift from an aunt of .... a whole BALE of quality towels.

For hand towels, I think I'm a little lacking as I have had to buy two new ones in the last couple of years... and could probably do with another couple in the next 1-2 years... but that'll be it "for life".

The thing is .... they will all come in useful one day. I've got "enough towels for the rest of my life" now.

So, rather than throw them out, one solution is to at least vacuum pack them and keep them in a smaller space, for that day when you just need another towel. Vacuum packing, when sealed correctly, is airtight for years... and if it leaks, then just re-vacuum it and/or buy a new vacuum bag (now often available in £1 shops).

Pastures, as usual, we seem to see things in a similar way. Thank you, that's really good advice about vacuum packing spare towels for when they're finally needed.
  • London_Town
    Options
    I'm seeing quite a bit of love for bath sheets on this thread which surprises me.

I inherited an old one from my parents and found it way too huge to be practical. It was from the 70's and falling apart anyway, so it was easy to chuck, but it's not a towel size I'd buy again.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I love bath sheets because they go all the way round me and tuck in at the side - and there's no "flash of thigh" from half way down. They tend to go from the front, all the way round me, then round the side and I can tuck in the top corner behind my armpit, almost 1½ times round from where I started it.

Regular towels, even though I'm often described as "tiny" "there's nothing of you", having got round my Barbara Windsor assets.... simply don't meet at the sides from that point downwards.

With bath sheets I can get a good wrap round entirely and tuck the towel over securely.

I guess maybe .... people use towels in different ways.... I like to get out of the bath, dry my hair, dry off, then wrap the towel round me to leave the bathroom and go to the bedroom, or to veg out in front of the telly until I fancy pulling some proper clothes on ... all without the towel (just tucked in at the top) falling off.
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Like most it seems we have 3 each and 6 hand towels 2 for each bathroom and 7 flannels each, we each have our own colour a hang over from when the kids where small, and two spare sheets for guests
  • System
    Options
    I'm seeing quite a bit of love for bath sheets on this thread which surprises me.

I inherited an old one from my parents and found it way too huge to be practical. It was from the 70's and falling apart anyway, so it was easy to chuck, but it's not a towel size I'd buy again.

I did have a couple of bath sheets but they were way to big to be practical and one on its own made my washer drum bang as it was off balance. I donated it.
  • System
    Options
    rach_k wrote: »

No I'm the scummy one. I use a hand towel to dry myself with after a bath or shower. I dry every bit of me before I step out of the empty bath. Couldn't do that with a bath towel as it's a bit too heavy and big. I don't wrap the towel round me at all. A hand towel is just perfect.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure