PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How many bathroom towels do you have?

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    3 of us. 6 hand towels, 6 bath towels. We dont really need 6 as i launder every day.

:eek::eek::eek:
    Judi wrote: »
    No I'm the scummy one. I use a hand towel to dry myself with after a bath or shower. I dry every bit of me before I step out of the empty bath. Couldn't do that with a bath towel as it's a bit too heavy and big. I don't wrap the towel round me at all. A hand towel is just perfect.

I do that too. A hand towel is fine for me. I have a bath robe if I need to get out quickly for any reason. We have one bath towel and 2 hand towels regularly in use: 1 hand towel for me and the others for DH. I wash them when needed, always at least once a week but otherwise just if they get a mark on them.
  • MaxPerwer
    Options
    You can never have too many towels! They always get used. We have 2 bath sheets in our en suite with 2 hand towels, in the main bathroom there's 2 bath sheets, 2 normal sized towels and 2 hand towels. The downstairs loo just has the one hand towel :)
  • Out,_Vile_Jelly
    Options
    If you're having a towel clear-out, contact your local dog/cat rescue centre as they make use of them for bedding.

It's handy to keep a couple of large old towels for emergency leak/spill situations; they're the quickest way of mopping up a puddle and if the liquid is dirty/stained you can bin the soaked towel without regret.

I find my mother is obsessed with buying me tea towels. How many does one person need?!
    They are an EYESORES!!!!
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    We have about 4 bath towels and about 6 hand towels for the two of us. I don't use the 2 beige hand towels at all, but I keep them as they are handy if I need to take my cats or dogs to the vet unexpectedly and I have run out of pet blankets.:)
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I'm surprised some find a bath sheet too large. Mine just overlaps now which is useful for going to the bedroom or living room to dry and dress. My husband and I use the same towels, why do others need one each?
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • I have one, and wash it monthly!
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,015 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm surprised some find a bath sheet too large. Mine just overlaps now which is useful for going to the bedroom or living room to dry and dress. My husband and I use the same towels, why do others need one each?

I use 2 bath towels, one for drying, one to wrap around my hair. OH has a bath sheet, I find it too big for me.

I wouldn't want to use a damp towel to dry off with, hence why we have our own.

We've got 2 complete sets of our combination (washed weekly), about 4 dark pink towels we had from when the bathroom was pink, one gets put on the floor to stand on when getting out of the shower.

We have several other old scruffy towels that used to be used for going to the gym. These double up as car protectors when cat has to go to the vets as she pees/poos in the carrier even though it's less than 5 mins away.

Plus 3 beach towels and 4 hand towels.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• London_Town
    London_Town Posts: 313 Forumite
    edited 31 August 2017 at 3:14PM
    Options
    I can understand why people like bath towels to wrap themselves up in. That makes complete sense. For me, I just towel off and then it's straight into a towelling dressing gown.

Thank you to a couple of posters who've suggested donating old towels to animal shelters. I have one I liaise with through my work and have passed on old towels before, so I would always support this option.

I've only thrown old towels away if they're a bit of a "Turin Shroud" and start disintegrating through being ancient. This only really applied to a few from clearing out my parents home. I imagine some of them were over 40 years old.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 August 2017 at 2:45PM
    Options
    There's just DH and me, plus any canine guest who happens to be staying, as we are Carers for a home-from-home dog-sitting service.

Four "good" bath towels - two in use (one each), two in the wash/ready to use.

Two "old" bath towels, for emergencies or can be loaned to dogs who forget their own towel.

About 10 hand towel size towels - one is always out in the kitchen and another in the bathroom. Can be loaned to small (Chihuahua sized) dogs if they forget theirs. Some of these are getting decidedly thin, and will be retired very soon.;) I also use an old hand towel on the seat of my bath lift, as it is very uncomfortable to sit on without it.

Half a dozen bar towels - the sort you used to see on bars before those horrid rubber mats became the norm. There were mostly won in the CAMRA tombola at various beer festivals, but I did buy one from Black Sheep Brewery when we visited in June.
    I keep one on the back of the kitchen chair for emergency wiping of hands, eg if the postman wants to deliver a package while I'm baking, and another wraps the free Tempur sample I use as a computer wrist rest.

One odd-sized towel, larger than a hand towel but not big enough for a bath, that I use to when using the wax bath for my feet (stops wax getting on the carpet).
    My husband and I use the same towels, why do others need one each?
    Because we share the bathwater. I need assistance when bathing in any case, and the end result is we're both getting dry at the same time, hence one towel each. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • SamsReturn
    SamsReturn Posts: 2,489 Forumite
    Options
    Here by myseff but i've got loads and loads of towels, big. little, and medium. To many to count.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure