Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Options

Comments

• J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I also I'm looking for a pay as you go sim that doesn't expire the credit after 30days.

I have a contract phone and wifi at home so I don't need data, calls or text. I just need it to receive calls and texts, I might use it to respond to texts sometimes but will probably use whatsapp via wifi at home.

Thank you.

I've had a Three PAYG sim here on my desk that is just used for incoming calls.
    It has never had any credit on it.
    We use it for receiving calls, that's all.
    It's been here for several years. Some say I'm lucky, but if it dies, then so be it.
  • jonny_power
    Options
    any reason why O2's sim only prices seem completely out of whack compared to EE/3/BT?

I've been on O2 for years and only bothered to look into upgrading my old partly-broke iPhone 5S that I've had on an O2 simplicity 30 day contract for the last year or so. Phoned up to cancel and to get my PAC and they didn't even really bother to try and keep me when I mentioned 3's much better prices and their decent Feel At Home service.

Also if you buy an iPhone 7 128GB direct from Apple it's £699, the 'pleasure' of buying outright with O2 will cost you an extra £81 (£780).
  • IGotRippedOff
    Options
    any reason why O2's sim only prices seem completely out of whack compared to EE/3/BT?

I've been on O2 for years and only bothered to look into upgrading my old partly-broke iPhone 5S that I've had on an O2 simplicity 30 day contract for the last year or so. Phoned up to cancel and to get my PAC and they didn't even really bother to try and keep me when I mentioned 3's much better prices and their decent Feel At Home service.

Also if you buy an iPhone 7 128GB direct from Apple it's £699, the 'pleasure' of buying outright with O2 will cost you an extra £81 (£780).

02 deals are crap, charging way too much compared to others. I requested a PAC code, and retention's tried to keep me in, but they couldn't as they offered sh** deals.

I see that a lot of the Virtual Networks do good deals, but I guess the catch is they are on a lower tier from their provider.
  • Norman-B
    Norman-B Posts: 1,638 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have two Sim only with Vodafone for my wife and self. Both cost me £8 each for 600 mins, UL text and 1 GB of Data (plus an extra 1GB as a promotion offer on renewal last March).
    I contacted Vodafone last Friday about adding another Sim only for my grandson. I pay TalkTalk £5.50 per month for that Sim and they offered me 1700 mins, UL text and 4 GB to renew for next 12 months. I'm not interested in staying with them as they are unable/unwilling to Cap and my grandson has exceeded his allowances nearly every month!
    So on Friday, I spoke with Vodafone/Michael in Belfast and he offered me
    UL Mins and Text and 4GB of Data for £11 PM and the first 4 months FREE! As I had my other grandchildren just walk in the door, I asked him to call me later, which he promised and a time was arranged for midday Monday.
    So Monday and Tuesday came and went, no call from nice young Michael!! So I contacted Vodafone this afternoon and after speaking to 3 depts, I ended up chatting to a lovely girl in 'Save' dept. She informed me that there was no way that I should have been offered that deal by Michael and the best she could offer was, UL Mins and Text and 4 GB of Data for £10 PM with no free month or any other extra (ie Spotify etc) and as I was into my contract she offered me the same on a new 12 month deal.

Moral of the story, I should have bitten Michael's off on Friday!

Am I getting a decent deal at £10 per month for the above from Vodafone?
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Count your blessings. "Michael" promised you one thing; with Vodafone you'd have almost certainly ended up tied in with something much worse.
  • Pound
    Pound Posts: 2,784 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 October 2016 at 7:53PM
    Options
    I asked O2 for an upgrade to my plan which was done. I also had a text saying a SIM was going to be delivered.

Since the new tariff has already been applied can I use both SIMs for the same account?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pound wrote: »
    I asked O2 for an upgrade to my plan which was done. I also had a text saying a SIM was going to be delivered.

Since the new tariff has already been applied can I use both SIMs for the same account?

The old sim will deactivate once the new sim is active, you can't have 2 sims with the same number, no.
    ====
  • twistedone
    Options
    Hade an offer of free contract & mins,texts/and 500mb,sounds good! but on looking further into it, the terms and condition's is your contract in an other language, they send you a simm of your choice (3 to pick from) £0.99 activation fee on a recurring pay ment plan so you have to give them your card number for the ongoing payments first.in dispute there word is final (company is in America so who's laws apply) so if you receive an e-mail from FREEDOMPOP please look closely at its small print. PS IT ALSO STATES WHILE IN USE YOU CANT SAY NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THEM.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Actually they often offer sims with absolutely no set-up charges (I have two of those) and you can stop the automatic payments easily enough. Maybe you have to suss things out to know whether they are free or not. Mine most definitely have been, though I use them very little.
  • adpeace
    Options
    In case it's useful to anyone, it appears EE are currently matching the £9/month Three offer in retentions. I was a T-Mobile customer, prepared to move to Three to get that deal, spoke to EE and asked for PAC, and was immediately given a matching offer for 12 months. With the EE deal, it will go up after 12 months so renegotiation will be required, but I did have a preference for staying with them anyway so pleased with that overall.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure