Mk2 Jaguar
    Capri 280 'Brooklands'
    BMW E39 530i sport
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Robisere wrote: »
    Nissan/Datsun original 240z convertible with hardtop. Blew away every Brit sports car at the time. Drove and handled like no contemporary.

I've learned something today, as I never knew there was a convertible version of the 240Z. I'm not a big fan of soft tops so for me I'd go for a coupe in lime green (the only car that I've ever seen where that is the perfect colour).
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Car_54 wrote: »
    Iconic? I think not. You'd struggle to find anyone - apart from Lancia fanatics - who could remember it, let alone describe the shape.

I only know it as it had the fastest 0-60 time in the set of top trumps we used to play every morning before school started.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The W116-generation S-class Mercedes-Benz from the 1970's.

Still looks cool today.
  • k6chris
    k6chris Posts: 738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I really like the older Saabs 99, 90, 900 etc. In fact I might look out for a nice 900, which might even qualify for Bangornomics membership!!
    "For every complicated problem, there is always a simple, wrong answer"
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    EssexExile wrote: »
    Unfortunately when you get old & decrepit ease of access becomes more important than looks.:(
    When I get to that age and have to sell / scrap the two seater I've been using as my daily driver for the last 14 years and hope to use for another 20, I think I'll get one of the last V8 90s / Defenders.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,148 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    When I get to that age and have to sell / scrap the two seater I've been using as my daily driver for the last 14 years and hope to use for another 20, I think I'll get one of the last V8 90s / Defenders.

No, you'll need something with softer suspension! Believe me, I know!
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • Richard53
    Richard53 Posts: 3,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    At one time I had a 3.9 Range Rover, a Land Rover 90, and a Series 2a.

My wife's comment:

RR, normal bra
    90, sports bra
    S2a, neck brace.
    If someone is nice to you but rude to the waiter, they are not a nice person.
  • reeac
    reeac Posts: 1,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jaguar XJ8 ....the x308 model. I owned one for 16 years ....mechanically it never missed a beat but sadly it developed severe corrosion around the front suspension. I think that it was the best styled Jag saloon ever. Superb all round visibility from the driver's seat.
  • onomatopoeia99
    Options
    They're OK on coil springs in my experience. The older ones on leaf springs are bouncy as though, I'd agree. Once upon a time had a S2a with a Ford V6 conversion, you wouldn't drive it over 50mph for anything! :rotfl:
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure