Nail Polish Addicts Anonymous

Options

Comments

• sunshineyday
    Options
    Aaaaah bliss!

An entire thread devoted to nail polish.

I have 138 :eek:polishes or thereabouts and I absolutely love them. I have a mix of brands but probably more Nails Inc, I've never tried OPI although a lot of people rate them highly.

My absolute favourite is Serpentine (Nails inc) a gorgeous dark blue.

The crazy thing is that I can't wear nail polish to work so can only paint my finger nails on the weekend or when I'm on holiday. I doubt if I'll ever manage to finish a bottle :rotfl:

Absolutely love the pictures FannyAdams.

I love seeing swatches, lets me know how a colour looks on before I buy.
  • Skyllo
    Skyllo Posts: 269 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunately/fortunately (depends what way you look at it!), my nail polish addiction was cured by starting placement that means no nail varnish allowed. :( Maybe I should have thought about this before choosing a particular career. :p
  • Amanita_2
    Amanita_2 Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Options

My absolute favourite is Serpentine (Nails inc) a gorgeous dark blue.

Sound similar to the Creative "Inkwell" I've been playing with lately. A fabulous inky blue/black. I've taken to adding a thin swirl of an OPI holographic over the top to give the illusion of a nebula in the night sky.
  • Oliviab
    Oliviab Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Great threat! I'm addicted to nail polish! I probably have around 180 but it's been a while since I counted. Most of them I've only used once! :eek:
    I think I might have to start selling some of them. I have no more room! I've never used up a bottle of polish, I wonder how long it would take.

Barry M is an excellent brand though and affordable at only £2.95.
  • tokkiandoliver
    Options
    I agree as well, Barry M is great.

Today I'm wearing Models Own grey day as the base, then Sally hansen Glass slippers on top (gorgeous white flakies) and then my accent finger has an additional layer of Deborah Lippmann's Today was a fairtytale.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries Challenge
    TOTAL UU's in 2012: 588
    Total UU's in 2013: 210
    INS for 2013 starting March: 8
  • Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
    Options
    Well i was going to join this thread but im no where near as bad as you lot lol

I probably only have aroun 30 bottles - My favorite being Leighton Denny "barely there" - which i've nearly ran out of :eek:

I would love to be able to do the nail art . . . I dont have a steady enough hand! :o
  • Adela31
    Adela31 Posts: 393 Forumite
    Options
    As I mentioned before, I am wearing nails inc Jermyn St ( a taupe that looks quite pinky) with a french tip in a good sparkley silver. Nails inc minis do have the names on the but scuppered if I can read what the silver is called.
  • xoxo_2
    xoxo_2 Posts: 889 Forumite
    Options
    I would love to be able to do the nail art . . . I dont have a steady enough hand! :o

You don't need a steady hand for all of it:D Have you thought of trying water marbling? No need to keep your hands still for that it's just dipping them in water:D
    :j
  • Willow92
    Willow92 Posts: 2,186 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm trying to sell a couple of my nail varnishes on a facebook selling page at the moment but I still have about 12 I think. Mainly Barry M coz I can't afford anything more expensive! :p

I bought a Rimmel topcoat from Poundland the other day, they always seem to have good brands in the makeup bit...
    Savings £8,865.22 £/15,000 Aiming to save enough for a house deposit.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Skyllo wrote: »
    Unfortunately/fortunately (depends what way you look at it!), my nail polish addiction was cured by starting placement that means no nail varnish allowed. :( Maybe I should have thought about this before choosing a particular career. :p

Toes, dear, toes.

I miss my long, lovely fingernails, but at least I can still have funky toes.

What are people's recommendations for getting something as close to the Rockstar look as possible without handing a salon the best part of my food budget for the month?
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport