Gallygirl's "A journey of 121,226.67 pounds begins with a single penny" diary

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I don't know - it's not as if you can fiddle the screening by pretending you have 16 kids if that's what you think they're after as you always are eligible for what they send you. Maybe I'm just unique :rotfl:.

ETA -:eek::eek::eek: my little African pets are back :eek::eek::eek:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Radish72
    Radish72 Posts: 2,073 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :eek: I feel all itchy now, like when someone mentions head lice you just have to start scratching

Are the little loves on holiday, have they been sold your house in some dodgy time share deal
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • gallygirl
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    £49.50 on yougov, nearly there :j

Kerching :T:T:T:T:T:T, just need to wait for it to turn up now :money:

Also £5 in from Halifax :j and £32 yougov, not a bad day :D

Apart from the £160 spent on 3 ton of stones & matting for front garden. Which I half dug up myself, laid the matting myself & no doubt will spread the stones myself. FINE. (Need to keep the 'right, b*gger them, I'll do it myself' mentality going for a few more days to give myself the drive the to do it :rotfl:).

Also spent £9 in Mr M but got tons of reduced fruit & veg, including asparagus & rhubarb :D. But been so busy in garden I have made zilch for lunch tomorrow, except some spicy lentil soup which bizzarely I decided to make earlier :cool:. Shame I'm not at Michelle's, am sure she could rustle something up from her storecupboard :D

Re the African pets, other 'women of a certain age' come back with a strapping & handsome 6 footer, I get a load of beetles. FINE :rotfl:

Lost 1.5lbs at SW last night so nearly back down to lowest. Would like to get my 3.5 stone award :eek: before my birthday, only 2lbs to go so should be doable :).

DD home this weekend :D

Hope all well :)

gg x
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Lois_E
    Lois_E Posts: 2,227 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Re the African pets, other 'women of a certain age' come back with a strapping & handsome 6 footer, I get a load of beetles. FINE :rotfl:

But beetles have six legs each, so you could say that other women may only get one six-footer if they're lucky, but you got lots. ;)
    Starting again 13/4/19
    Home loan 1: £21,102.50 Home loan 2: £7,698.99
    Total owed: £28,801.49
  • gallygirl
    Options
    Lois_E wrote: »
    But beetles have six legs each, so you could say that other women may only get one six-footer if they're lucky, but you got lots. ;)

:eek: Hope they wouldn't reach 6 foot if they stood on each other's shoulders :eek:

:think: hmmmmm :think:

"tootles off to explore performing insects as a money making opportunity"
  • gallygirl
    Options
    Well, I watched Rick Stein tonight. Depressed me & cheered me up in equal measures :cool:. Where he is cooking is the kind of scenery near my place (though actually a few hundred miles away), and most of what he was cooking/eating made me want to lick the TV :o

NSD :j

Applied for a Halifax Clarity card to use oseas, hopefully it will be approved :o and here in time for my holiday :cool:. 24 sleeps :T
  • gallygirl
    Options

Apart from the £160 spent on 3 ton of stones & matting for front garden. Which I half dug up myself, laid the matting myself & no doubt will spread the stones myself. FINE. (Need to keep the 'right, b*gger them, I'll do it myself' mentality going for a few more days to give myself the drive to do it :rotfl:).

Thanks all for rushing to help. FINE. :rotfl:

I've done it myself. Delivery driver was really good at trying to spread so it only took 40 minutes. Could have done with another ton really which is a bit annoying as I nearly rang up to order another. Still, I'll buy a few bagfuls instead.

Back hurts now, off for a bath :)
  • Tesco_points_addict
    Options
    Thanks all for rushing to help. FINE. :rotfl:

I've done it myself. Delivery driver was really good at trying to spread so it only took 40 minutes. Could have done with another ton really which is a bit annoying as I nearly rang up to order another. Still, I'll buy a few bagfuls instead.

Back hurts now, off for a bath :)

Enjoy your bath:o:p

TPAx
    MFW - We've only gone and blooming done it!
    May 2013:j
  • Radish72
    Radish72 Posts: 2,073 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 August 2011 at 1:31PM
    Options
    I did think about offering to help honest..............:rotfl:

Bu then the memory of filling a 16 Tonne skip came back to haunt me followed by the 2 Tonne of top soil and the pallet of grass

So never again
    Mortgage Aug 12 £165K, Aug 19 £0
    ISA challenge start 2019 £3000/£1500 (50%)
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    Options
    Am I too late to offer help :o
    I bet it looks fab and you have the knowhow that you did it all yourself (thats what I tell myself anyway when I do everything myself but it doesnt work lol)
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills