Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• mcmullank
    Options
    zaax wrote: »
    At the end of the day a contract is a contract, and can e enforced in the court

You are correct but Extrafuel contracts specifically allow for a surcharge. As always, it pays to read the contract and understand it before signing.
  • RoyP_3
    Options
    Yes I got a 8ppl increase as well.
  • macman54
    Options
    mcmullank wrote: »
    You are correct but Extrafuel contracts specifically allow for a surcharge. As always, it pays to read the contract and understand it before signing.

Just to say I contacted Extra Fuel and the surcharge has been removed, and will credited back to my account.

I received a phone call from them this morning,explaining what had happened.

So all's well again.

Very impressed with the service.
  • mcmullank
    Options
    macman54 wrote: »
    Just to say I contacted Extra Fuel and the surcharge has been removed, and will credited back to my account.

So all's well again.

Very impressed with the service.
    Great result. However, I am sure that your contract will allow a surcharge to be applied, especially one that was signed this year.
    What was the reason that they gave for firstly applying it and more importantly for others, the reason for removing it.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    macman54 wrote: »

Conspiracy or c*ck-up?
  • macman54
    Options
    mcmullank wrote: »
    Great result. However, I am sure that your contract will allow a surcharge to be applied, especially one that was signed this year.
    What was the reason that they gave for firstly applying it and more importantly for others, the reason for removing it.

Not sure, was told it should not have been applied on my contract, and did mention that the surcharge would be removed across the board, possibly in 6 weeks.

Was told the wholesale price of LPG had dramatically increased, hence the surcharge.

So cannot say for sure if it was a mistake, or the fact that I complained.

My order was only for 950 litres, so the surcharge was about £45.

This will probably be credited against the tank rental I pay in March.
  • Lumphammer1
    Options
    I have just switched from Callow (local independent) Was with them for 9 years and most recently on a deal which matched the Lister ANSI tracker. Lister were taken over by Avanti, I believe, and the tracker scrapped. Most recent price was 30.3. Callow told me new price was 46.95p (!) for a full tank and 56.95p (!!) for a half tank. No notice or warning given to me that I had been removed from tracker product. Decided, I would leave on principal.

Shopped around and best deal was with FloGas via Robert Flaxman. I found him to be very professional and prompt in his service. Got 30.5p fixed for 12 months and maximum 5p rise in year 2. Plus £125 free gas and £30 M & S voucher. And a telemetry unit which monitors/re-orders gas level - something previously we didn't have.

Happy.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just switched from Callow (local independent) Was with them for 9 years and most recently on a deal which matched the Lister ANSI tracker. Lister were taken over by Avanti, I believe, and the tracker scrapped. Most recent price was 30.3. Callow told me new price was 46.95p (!) for a full tank and 56.95p (!!) for a half tank. No notice or warning given to me that I had been removed from tracker product. Decided, I would leave on principal.

Shopped around and best deal was with FloGas via Robert Flaxman. I found him to be very professional and prompt in his service. Got 30.5p fixed for 12 months and maximum 5p rise in year 2. Plus £125 free gas and £30 M & S voucher. And a telemetry unit which monitors/re-orders gas level - something previously we didn't have.

Happy.

Does the Flogas contract still allow them to exceed the 5p rise in 'exceptional circumstances'?
  • JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 296 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ... And a telemetry unit which monitors/re-orders gas level - something previously we didn't have.
    Happy.

I had a telemetry unit added by Calor. The pros are that you don't have to bother looking at the tank any more, and if you do run out of gas you have a reasonable case for blaming the supplier and getting them to sort it out. The cons are that it transfers decisions about when to fill the tank from you to the supplier. Supposing the price is going to go up shortly, guess when the supplier is more likely to call? Before or after? Calor also used to let the tank get pretty damn empty before filling it, it was below 10% more than once. Their decision to fill the tank appeared to be based on a number of factors, including (a) a convenient round for the tanker, (b) pricing factors, and (c) a random element that confused the tanker driver as much as it did me.. twice in a month, once.

So I'm not saying they are a bad thing, but neither are they an unmitigated benefit. Most suppliers would still provide a fill on request I expect (Calor were a bit iffy about this) so they could be used as a backup or safety net, I guess. I just look at my tank once a month, phone Woldlink when it is about 30% full, job done ..
    If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
  • JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 296 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mister_G wrote: »
    Does the Flogas contract still allow them to exceed the 5p rise in 'exceptional circumstances'?

The standard Flogas contract (which I have, via Woldlink) gives three reasons for increasing prices, clauses 8.1 8.2 and 8.3. The next clause says that prices will not increase more than 5p as a result of 8.2 and 8.3, but carefully omits any mention of clause 8.1, which says:
    "Any underlying increase in the cost of LPG as evidenced by reference to the relevant Platts LPG Price index for North West Europe (taking into account any relevant exchange rate issues)"

Subsequent clause makes it crystal clear that the maximum increase is "unlimited" ... so yes, I bet any Flogas customer can be caught by that
    If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback