Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• Old_Sage_2
    Options
    You will be asked to sign a supply agreement (ITS A CONTRACT) which will tie you in for at least 2 years.

Tell them you dont want to sign as you want to be able to take advantage of the new laws coming in to effect in april. If they persist saying its for health and safety reasons say you will sign till April ie 6 months or not at all.

If you call their bluff they will just supply as you stand without the contract and hope to keep you come April.

there are 100s if not 1000s of peoople across the country without contracts who are still being supplied by companies rather than have them go to competitors.

Hope this helps.

Old Sage
  • molokoid
    Options
    Hi all, I'd written the original post when I first moved into a house with Bulk LPG back in January. Since then i've refused to sign a contract with Calor, hoping the deregulation would bring some cost benefits and increased customer service to the market place.

Having just had a fill i thought i'd pop back on to see what the current market rate is. I must admit I must be talking about a different product to most as my PROPANE LPG tank is priced at 34.65 pence per litre. Which is an negotiated, non contract rate as far as i know.

Is this in line with what others are paying? Many people are quoting a figure in excess of 40ppl which i'm assuming must be for a different product.

Cheers all.
  • midnight007
    Options
    Hi Molokoid,
    I moved into my present house at about this time last year. It has a propane tank which belongs to Calorgas. They were aware of the change of ownership as the previous owner had informed them that he had sold the property. We Contacted them soon after moving in to let them know that we were happy to carry on receiving our propane from them at the current price of .36 ppl. All was fine until about a month ago when we got a letter saying that they were increasing the price from .36 ppl to .48 ppl. I am not prepared to pay .48 ppl as this is more than the autogas that I run my car on. I have told Calorgas that I dont want the tank filled anymore until the price that they wish to charge me comes down to an afordable level. By telling them this I have left the ball very much in their court. Either they want my money and custom or they dont. Its upto them. I intend to alter the supply so that I will be able to choose to use either the propane in the tank or 47kg propane gas bottles. The price of the 47kg gas bottles varies widely and to make a substantial saving I needed to purchase 10 or more 47kg bottles at a time so I had to make sure that they would deliver. As it stands now I dont have a contract with Calorgas and I certainly would not want one until the new rules come into force next April. They would then have to be a lot more competitive with other suppliers for me to want to sign up with them. I have no doubt that Calorgas and all the other suppliers will soon work out ways to get around the new rules as the other utility companies have done. Between them they have kept the regulators on their toes and the regulators have found it hard to keep up as we know. Im located in Wisbeach and the Calorgas office that I deal with is located in Leicester. Where abouts are you located and where abouts is the Calorgas office that you talking to.

Cheers.
  • nc73
    nc73 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    molokoid wrote: »
    Hi all, I'd written the original post when I first moved into a house with Bulk LPG back in January. Since then i've refused to sign a contract with Calor, hoping the deregulation would bring some cost benefits and increased customer service to the market place.

Having just had a fill i thought i'd pop back on to see what the current market rate is. I must admit I must be talking about a different product to most as my PROPANE LPG tank is priced at 34.65 pence per litre. Which is an negotiated, non contract rate as far as i know.

Is this in line with what others are paying? Many people are quoting a figure in excess of 40ppl which i'm assuming must be for a different product.

Cheers all.
    LPG is LPG. I live in Scotland..
  • midnight007
    Options
    Hi,
    I would just like to update people to my dispute with calorgas. After sending a few emails and receiving a few back I was offered £25.00 as a goodwill gesture. I sent an email back refusing this gesture of goodwill and I asked for the name and contact number for my area rep. I received an email back that said " I have had a word with the Rep who would like your contact number so as he can contact you please ". I sent back an email with my telephone number and then waited. A few days later I got a call in the early eavening from the area rep. He told me that he had got a message to contact me, but he said that he had not been told why. Wow, aint that strange. Anyway I explained that I had received a letter from Calorgas last month that stated the price that I am paying was to increase from 35.16 ppl to 48.90 ppl. I told him that I had been emailing a person at Calorgas to try and sort things out, but I was getting nowhere. Without anymore explaining he said that the price of lpg had recently dropped and that he would speak to that person and tell them to carry on charging me at the old price for the time being. He went on to say that he did not know how long they would be able to charge me 35.15 ppl and that I should fully expect the price to go up in the near future. What would you all make of that. Today I saw that a barrel of oil had fallen to around $40.00 a barrel. Not withstanding this I already knew that the price of lpg had fallen as I keep an eye on the price of autogas. He agreed to send me written confomation that there would be no price increase and that I would still be charged 35.15 ppl. To day I got an account statement from Calorgas showing a £25.00 credit. Remember that goodwill gesture that I refused. I am now waiting for the letter that should confirm that I will still be charged 35.15 ppl. I dont think that I will be able to contain myself if I am made to wait too long. If I do get this letter then Im quids in for Chrismas.
    That will make a change. Until next April then.

Thanks.
  • nc73
    Options
    Looks like BP is refusing to refill my tank because I don't have a contract...
  • solybananas
    Options
    My LPG gas supplier is Flogas. My last fill was 8th of March this year total fill of 895 litres which we paid 31.79 including vat & gas surcharge. This week I contacted Flogas to ask what price they were charging, after asking what my account number was I was quoted 44.79ppl at which I replied that other forms of fuel prices had decreased & that a barrel of oil was selling @$40 a barrel. I was then informed that there would be a decrease of 5ppl, with further reductions in the new year. I was asked what percentage of gas was in my tank which is 60% full, she replied by saying that I had sufficiant gas to see me into the New Year & wished me a happy Christmas.
  • nc73
    Options
    finally got a reply from bp - 42.95ppl
  • bikingback
    Options
    Good god, what a minefield this subject is!
    I am just buying a house and moving in on Wednesday. The neighbour helped me out and showed me the LPG tank. So I assumed that I would just phone up the supplier and get the gas delivered. Of course it aint that simple!
    After reading all the correspondence on the subject, I think I will have the heating changed to coal/solid fuel. How has the situation been allowed to develop? I want to be able to shop around for the cheapest option, not tied to a single supplier. Flogas offered me a discounted price of .39p a litre, which included 5%tax. No mention was made of any other charges. I will be checking out the contract, word for word, and will probably wait until 13 April.
    Life is never simple?
    Happy New Year.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just moved into new build and the estate is on shared metering, BP have just sent a contract asking for 2 years tie in and 44.95 pence a litre, seeing as though the new law does not apply to shared metering any ideas what to do with BP, just want them to drop the price a bit if i can't utilise the new agreement in april. P.S what are other people paying for their LPG just so i can drop this into the conversation with BP.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback