Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop

Options

Comments

• Umiamz
    Umiamz Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    Buy every power pack. As you give more readings, they will be adjusted for your consumption.

Thanks for replying but I'm not sure that answers my questions, so let me rephrase.

According to Powershop, powerpacks cover both gas and electricity, but these powerpacks that I'm being offered clearly only cover gas, because my electricity account is not yet available in the shop. They have also underestimated my gas usage.

So, what I really want to know is if the powerpacks that I can currently see in the shop will be changed in value to cover my ACTUAL usage of gas (and electricity when it is added) or are those current powerpacks fixed.

The reason I ask is that I don't want to buy these powerpacks now if they are going to increase in value when electricity gets added.

I'm going to ring Powershop and ask, but I'm asking here in case other users have been in the same situation, i.e. the shop opening for just one fuel with the other fuel being added later.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    When my electricity moved over after the gas I had more power packs appear to buy.

With two services, you tend to get offered 2 of the same power packs instead of 1 if you only have a single service.

If you buy the ones on offer now then they won’t be adjusted later but you should find more ‘bonus’ ones appear once you start giving regular readings as these are used to cover any difference between the estimated and actual consumption.
  • Umiamz
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    When my electricity moved over after the gas I had more power packs appear to buy.

With two services, you tend to get offered 2 of the same power packs instead of 1 if you only have a single service.

If you buy the ones on offer now then they won’t be adjusted later but you should find more ‘bonus’ ones appear once you start giving regular readings as these are used to cover any difference between the estimated and actual consumption.

Great - thanks, that makes things much clearer :)
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I only have one fuel with powershop but as I understand it all powerpacks apply to both fuels. I know this because I enquired how it was going to work with both fuels during a rather lengthy call to customer services when I was weighing up whether powershops gas was competitive or not

The powerpacks you have been offered will not alter or increase in value so buy them or you'll lose those discounts.

I'm sure when your electricity comes on stream you will be offered extra ones. Your main goal now is to get a fair amount of credit in the bank whilst powershop are offering substantial discounts
  • Umiamz
    Options
    Tafrock wrote: »
    I only have one fuel with powershop but as I understand it all powerpacks apply to both fuels. I know this because I enquired how it was going to work with both fuels during a rather lengthy call to customer services when I was weighing up whether powershops gas was competitive or not

The powerpacks you have been offered will not alter or increase in value so buy them or you'll lose those discounts.

I'm sure when your electricity comes on stream you will be offered extra ones. Your main goal now is to get a fair amount of credit in the bank whilst powershop are offering substantial discounts

Thanks, I've bought the powerpacks I mentioned above and it looks like that will see me a couple of days into the next billing period, which is good. I haven't bought the February ones yet - they are available until the 31st December.
  • Tafrock
    Options
    Yes there's no rush to buy the future packs yet. If you build up enough credit you won't even need to bother with March or April future packs. Their discounts are very poor but make sure you don't forget to purchase those February ones. They have a hefty discount. Welcome to powershop. 18 months in and I'm still enjoying energy at a reasonable rate. My monthly bill rarely creeps over thirty pounds for electricity though I am a low user.
  • Tafrock
    Options
    Another superb 49% discount today. Red nose special pack. £3.30 for £6.47 electricity. Another must buy

My last month's electricity which ended on 13th came to £26.94 for 234 kwh

Before discounts my bill would have been £45.78 therefore discounts saved me £18.84. That's a 41.17% discount

Quite happy with that myself
  • Umiamz
    Options
    Not got that one - presumably because I'm still gas-only in the shop.

Had a chat with them yesterday - they are waiting for the D0019 and D0086 flows for my electricity so I'm assuming it's a delay with the verification of the readings.
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Umiamz wrote: »
    Not got that one - presumably because I'm still gas-only in the shop.

Have you asked if they will compensate you for the discounts you lose out on waiting for the electric part of your account to become available online?
  • Tafrock
    Options
    As I said earlier make a note of the discounted packs you have missed out on and Badger them to compensate for you missing out on these large discounts. It's not your fault after all
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback