Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Options

Comments

• humptydumptybits
    Options
    Grooming is good but another good one is posture. DH is a trained dancer and can be very judgemental about people slouching along, I have to confess that once you notice it is hard to miss what a difference good posture makes and it costs nothing other than a bit of an effort until it becomes second nature. I did Irish dancing as a child and one thing it does teach you is to stand up nice and straight, probably what attracted DH to me.

The other biggie for me is teeth, a regular trip to the hygienist/dentist really does pay off in my opinion.
  • eandjsmum
    eandjsmum Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    House elf I sympathise with you I started to sort out and declutter about a couple of years ago. Admittedly I didn't rush into it I took it a step at a time . It is q ongoing project. Everytime I have a few mins I go through a cupboard or draw and sort it through. I think the best way when starting is to take small steps. If I buy something new then something old must go. I am the first to admit that I still have a load of stuff.
    With regards to the weight issue that was a problem for me as OH doesn't think it was a problem. He was very anti me going on a diet because he thought that he would have to eat diet food. Hence here I am after 20 something years of marriage and still overweight. Last year I took up swimming and enjoyed that .I have tried things like going to the gym and classes I hated them so not only were they expensive but a total waste of money. My sister lost weight with slimming world but I have yet to be convinced.
    The biggest positive is that you have decided to take back control. I would second getting a good haircut and watching posture. Also find some time just for you and find something that you enjoy doing. I discovered art so that gets me out of the house and away from temptation. Possibly because it take my attention I am not thinking about the biscuit barrel
  • eandjsmum
    eandjsmum Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I have weighed myself today and the weight has started to come off . Fingers crossed. It is really cold here so I haven't ventured out today . I will have to soon as I am back to work on Monday.
    I have also come to the decision that the garden needs a ton of work doing possibly not at the mo . The positive will be fresh air and loads of free exercise. I would also like to try dancing this year.ATM I am looking for a class to try.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,370 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 January 2019 at 4:16PM
    Options
    I'm feeling a bit rough today as I'm on antibiotics for my sinus and ear infection. Taking any medication always makes me feel a little loopy!

I also got a reaction to a cucumber mask I used last night, my face started to sting and it looks a little swollen. I'm tired from walking a few miles in the cold yesterday too. Woe is me, lol.

My husband has a heavy cold now too as well.

Definitely a day at home in pyjamas today.:A

I'm going to have a nice bath with lavender oil and salt. I'm going to put body butter on my feet and cosy socks on afterwards.

I'm going to start reading that Clever Guts book that so many people on here like. I did have some stomach problems the last few years and I had a scan and they didn't find anything.

I tried a few things like cutting out gluten etc.. but the thing that finally resolved it was a parasite cleanse I bought from Amazon. It can't hurt to read the book anyway to see what I might still be doing wrong with my gut!:)

I just ordered some things like floss, hair dye to last the whole of 2019. I dye my husband's hair as he went grey in his 20s. I haven't got any grey as yet.

I'm going to look at the H&B penny sale now too.
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lovely posts, we will all be absolute stunners at the end of the year with all these plans.

Drinking my water, catching up on mse, roast pepper and tomato soup on the go and going to have a bath in a bit with a mag.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    lantanna wrote: »

Drinking my water, catching up on mse, roast pepper and tomato soup on the go and going to have a bath in a bit with a mag.

Ooh, that soup sounds gorgeous.:)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lantana. Yes We will be stunners...:rotfl:

Wednesday. Aren't antibiotics the pits. I feel so sick and nauseous and it's only day 2 of the wretched things. Another 5 days to go. :o yes they deal with the infection but they cause havoc with my digestive system.

Hope your sinus and ear infection clears soon.

I found the clever guts diet book very helpful. I didn't learn anything new but it was good to learn the science behind it all. A combination of Clean eating, avoiding triggers and probiotics have really helped me. I still get the odd flare ups, usually when I travel or when I can't follow my little regimes but At least know how to get back on track quickly.

What was the parasite cleanse. Is it unpleasant. :rotfl: I know I definitely picked up a parasite first time I went to the Caribbean but my GP ignored me and insisted I had Bowel cancer. Of course I didn't. :rotfl: I put myself on probiotics and sorted it out myself. Took about 3 months though.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options

What was the parasite cleanse. Is it unpleasant. :rotfl: I know I definitely picked up a parasite first time I went to the Caribbean but my GP ignored me and insisted I had Bowel cancer. Of course I didn't. :rotfl: I put myself on probiotics and sorted it out myself. Took about 3 months though.

I didn't have that bad stomach problems but I kept getting pains on my left side. The parasite cleanse wasn't pleasant, but not that bad. Tablets 3 times a day for 3 weeks, I think. I just got it from Amazon. I read that if you have had pets it is very likely that you might have picked a parasite up from them.

It really worked for me and I'm happily back on gluten. I'm glad it wasn't the gluten causing the problem as I love my bread and pizza.:rotfl: I do have a problem with beer still so i avoid that as much as possible
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    Not sure if this will help anyone but we should share what we learn if it might help so here goes.

A few weeks ago I was due to have a blood test, I have the double trouble of poor veins and I bruise like a peach (so after blood tests I can look like I've been attacked by a madman trying to rip my arm off). I've never found arnica any help but a friend recommended something called Bromelain. It is from the pineapple and is supposed to help with bruising so I took it for a week before the blood test and a week after and hardly had a mark. Brilliant.

Well I've always had a dodgy digestive system, won't go into the gruesome details but pain and bloatingo were my normal and it all stopped while I was on the Bromelain. I did some reading and discovered it is recommended for digestive problems so I've carried on using it, I had a jar of it so nothing to lose. So hear I am and although I'm feeling rotten with a cold I've never in my life gone a month without stomach pains and bloating before. So I will be buying some more and I think it will be a permanent supplement for me.

I hope it might be of interest to some of you with dodgy digestive systems and if anyone tries it do tell us if it helps you. I hadn't thought about it as fabbing but actually it has been a revelation to me and definitely helps me feel fab.
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ooh, that soup sounds gorgeous.:)

It smells lovely bubbling away
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income