Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Options

Comments

• scottish_lassy
    Options
    I love the idea that there is a group of women around the country (world?) sitting with brightly coloured toe nails!!!

Watched youtube last night re Kon Mari folding and then spent an hour refolding all my clothes. A bit still to go, but quite cleansing - I may not remember where I've moved everything to. Today's plan is to spend some time tidying the garden before all the bulbs flower then DGS is coming to spend the night. Back to work on Monday :(
    :rotfl:
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 5 January 2019 at 10:46AM
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies.

Still not feeling that good so I think another relatively easy day today, although I do need to get milk. I think I might just walk to the local shop, the fresh air might do me good.

. I have been quietly reading along, also starting reading actual books again......one of my plans this year, less screen time, more books. :D
    Made a half hearted attempt at sorting out paperwork but felt so nauseous I couldn't really concentrate. Never mind, tomorrow is another day!!! I don't feel quite so nauseous this morning so hopefully it will start easing off soon. Worse than being pregnant. :rotfl:

Not much news this end. I've been using my enforced leisure to think about what I want to achieve this year. Hopefully another couple of days and I'll be raring to go.

Chanie......re the week to yourself, when will it be. Some things might be weather dependent.

I know you will be doing London, depending on the weather how about a day trip to somewhere like Brighton. You could even take the Eurostar to Bruge or Paris, depending on funds of course. But you might get a last minute cheapie.

Shopping in the Champs-Elysees instead of Bicester. Ooh La la.
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    The cold seems to have left as son as it arrived, I have a strange immune system. Rotten feeling one minute and next day like Lazarus, It is like a case that the body rallies and recalls had this before and then produces the recalled antibodies and back to normal. I guess at this point this I am immune to most things. I should take a probiotic as really need to maintain the overall function, I can start next week.

After the epic declutter, I did not get anything new in expect a jacket. I got two vases in the sale and I do like the Waterford crystal- it sparkles so much more. I have a yankee candle burning away and the light is nice against it,

I have to pull the budget in as i have a lot of bills this month and a huge stockpile of food in the freezer. I do not want to waste too much money buying things that are not needed, I want to be more mindful in spending and get quality that will last.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,400 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have booked my haircut for next Friday.

I was thinking a lot about getting regular sinus/ear problems and I was thinking that it started when my husband was ill with cancer from 2013 onwards. I used to go to the Chinese herbalists to get ear candling done and I stopped when he was ill so I'm wondering if it is related.

It is quite relaxing as you lie down and she puts the candle in your ear and draws out any wax. I'm going to get it done again every few months and see if that helps. I might book that for the week after next.:)
  • eandjsmum
    eandjsmum Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have brought rubber gloves for doing the washing up in . Hopefully this will save my nails. Oh has put the xmas decs away while I sorted out my jewlery box. 2 hours later I am still sorting and discovering . I have got into the wardrobe and my toiletry stash. I did bin some bits as they had been opened a long time but I have found all sorts such as face masks , eye make up remover, hot cloth cleansers and all sort. I put a posh soap dispenser in the kitchen to use it up.

I also brought some thermal vests and tights today as when I go back to work the heating is lousy so I should be able to keep warm.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good health vibes on their way to all the poorlies.:)

You're tempting me to paint my toenails Scottish lassie.:D I'll definitely be doing them for my holiday next month as I'll be wearing sandals. :D

I've found since doing MK folding for all my jumpers and tops that the drawers have stayed tidy ever since. I have them arranged in the order of rainbow colours with white grey and black at the end. I do the MK folding when I'm ironing and put them back where they belong.

I'm sure you've told me before humpty, but how long do you leave the flax oil on your face before adding your moisturiser? I've used it every day this week instead of my usual serum as I've not needed to hurry out in the mornings.

I have a wand or rather a curling brush house elf. It's a version of this one:
    https://www.argos.co.uk/browse/health-and-beauty/hair-care/hot-air-stylers-and-brushes/c:29238/brands:nicky-clarke/

My hair is cut in a short bob, cut into the neck and longer at the sides. I use the brush to help curl the sides a bit and give some bounce to my fringe and on top. So, I think they're a good idea but you do need a good shape first.

The decorations are away for another year.:D Last year I had a good cull and now I can fit them into the understairs cupboard, which is so much easier to access than the loft, which makes the job much simpler.

I've had my walk and fresh air/daylight today. Also half the water but I'm not finished yet. I went into the city centre as I wanted to return the unwanted trousers. I went to Dunelm as I wanted to buy a burnt orange throw to liven up my very cream sitting room. I was tempted by some bedding and cushions but as I hadn't taken the car I put the decision off for another day. I liked these:
    https://www.dunelm.com/product/olive-and-orange-tall-flower-blush-cushion-1000115779?searchTerm=olive%20and%20orange%20cushions
    and they had a matching duvet (just grey and white) but I can't find that online. I don't need another duvet set but it's a good price for what they are.

I also bought myself a top. I tried this before but wasn't sure enough at the full price. I'll try it on and see what I think.
    https://www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0730997002.html

I really like William Morris prints. There's a new programme on him starting this week.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2018/victorian-house

I'm still on the lookout for perfume. I tried a spray card of the Paul Smith Rose and it was pleasant until I went to Jo Malone and tried her Red Roses. Sadly no contest.:( It's my birthday in March and I can see me treating myself.:D
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sitting here peeling my irredescent green nail varnish off! Just been faffing about, booking flights to the USA to see grandsons and I started picking as I was getting wound up. We can never seem to use our many airmiles to upgrade.

I like the look of that styling brush, maman!
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    Maman I usually leave it for about 30 minutes, my skin is very dry and soaks it up fast so might take longer for you.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,160 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pollypenny wrote: »
    I'm sitting here peeling my irredescent green nail varnish off! Just been faffing about, booking flights to the USA to see grandsons and I started picking as I was getting wound up. We can never seem to use our many airmiles to upgrade.

I know the feeling - neither have I been able to use my upgrade vouchers. It seems that none of the flights I book are ever eligible despite my status - and as I'm travelling for work I don't have a huge amount of flexibility (plus CBA to waste the time finding the upgrade-eligible flights, getting the agent to ticket them and then calling back the airline asap in the hope that the upgrade is still available. Zillions of airmiles, and no use for them. I have once managed to book flights using miles only, but the times tend to be inconvenient ones.
  • Shoogly_Peg
    Options
    House elf: go for the blue highlights!

10000 steps done today (4.2miles on my Fitbit). Trying to do this every day.
    No alcohol as hoping to do dry January, although did have a few on 1st and 2nd.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure