Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Options

Comments

• Amara
    Amara Posts: 2,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi!
    I think I consumed 1700kcal, more then my 1600kcal allowance for weekends. I need to stick to 1400kcal in Monday. Not tomorrow, as possibly we'll have small roast day. I run 4 km. I made an unsuccesful attempt to pluck my eyerbrows. No. I can't do it. I need to book an appointment at my ususal beauty place.
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I washed and deep conditioned my hair today. I need to take better care of my hair even though I wear a wig when I go out of my home because my natural hair is too thin and patchy.

I went to my local Odeon today to watch the film Widows at last. :D I absolutely loved it, although the violence was very realistic at times, which gave me a jolt.

The female leads are very believable and I cared about what was happening to them and how their futures would unfold when they unexpectedly found their worlds turned upside down by the deaths of their criminal husbands in a job that goes horribly wrong. :( I especially liked Viola Davis's ability to portray debilitating grief and her strength of character in trying to live with her grief. I would give this film 9/10
  • pollypenny
    pollypenny Posts: 29,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sugarbaby, I agree. Widows was an excellent film.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning,
    cbrown372 wrote: »

my daughter uses Main and Tail, which yes is a product for horses but really does work. She gets it from Amazon.

Chris

We went to the farm shop yesterday to buy hen accoutrements. I found the Mane and Tail, so bought the shampoo and conditioner. My husband thinks it it hilarious, and has been making horse related jokes ever since :rotfl: I hope it is successful after all this ridicule :rotfl: Chris, do you know if your daughter uses the conditioner as rins off or leave in?

Canters off to make breakfast......;)
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    I feel so rotten. My cold is just going on and on, yesterday I realised a cold sore was starting just inside my nose, makes blowing my nose agony. It now stretches down to my lip and is painful and to top it up I now have a mouth ulcer, usually if I get one I get several. I think I am officially run down. Don't think there is anything to do other than rest and wait for it all to stop.

Hope everyone is doing better than me and if anyone is still feeling rotten I hope you feel better soon.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    "Canters off the make breakfast".....:rotfl::rotfl:

Good morning lovely ladies

Sitting here with a face mask on whilst I type. Multi tasking at its best.

Well I have to share something with you. 4 and half years after my husband's death I have finally managed to make a start sorting out the photos........just couldn't do it before. Anyway it's a start. I think I am going to buy a couple of really nice albums so I can keep the best.

Then......hopefully the big declutter starts this week. I am sooooo ready. I am sick of stuff. I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of cutter.

Whilst I have been ill and unable to do much I have had plenty of time to think. It's time to make some big changes.

It really is time to let go of the past and build a new life. The house move was just the start. The next step is to get rid of all the crap.

Anyway I'm off to see the Andr! Rieu New Years concert at the cinema today. I'm looking forward to it. Thankfully my tummy is up to it too......:rotfl: I feel almost human again......lol.

Hope you are all well.

Twelfth Night already......hope you all have a great day.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I feel so rotten.

Hope everyone is doing better than me and if anyone is still feeling rotten I hope you feel better soon.

Oh, you poor thing humpty.:( Sounds to me like you wore yourself out with all your visitors and that's left you very run down and susceptible to infection. Do keep an eye on yourself in case it turns into something worse that needs a GP visit.:A

I don't think I'll bother going out today. There's nothing I have to do that can't wait. It's dull and miserable here so I plan to keep myself busy around the house. I might even start on my book for January. I was lucky enough to find what I wanted at the local library. So, not only is it very mse :money: but it means I count towards the data that the council collects for keeping the library open.:)

I've had my shower and done all my regular fabbing routines. When I put the flaxseed oil on my face I rubbed the remainder well into my nails and cuticles. I always take care of my nails better when I don't have the shellac on. Shellac is brilliant but it does cover up a multitude of syns. I know I have some nail treatments in my stash of products so I will look some of those out too.

Without giving TMI, because I'm staying at home I'll be able to attack my water drinking today too. It can be a problem when out and about.:o

Well done for starting on the photos LL.:) I have family photos that I must do something about. When I started MK I gathered them all together in one place and discarded lots of poor quality ones and that's as far as I got. Many of the holiday snaps are in albums so that's done. What I'm left with are the ones inherited from my mother and aunt. I'm the eldest in my immediate family so I feel a responsibility to annotate them in some way for future generations.

Have good day all whatever you're up to.:)
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    'LL, my Mum's also going to see Andre Rieu today.Hope you enjoy it:D
    HUMPTY you do sound really run down hun:( Hope you pick up soon x
    Have fab days all :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 6 January 2019 at 2:04PM
    Options
    Humpty....just caught sight of your post. You poor thing. Hope you feel better soon. I think you need to take time out if you can (I know it's difficult for carers) but I think you have done too much and you are now really run down and wide open to infections. Hope you pick up soon.

Maman I discovered that I have photos from both my parents and my husband's parents that I didn't know I had so I too shall be carefully annotating them for posterity......

When my boys hit 21 I did actually compile "This Is Your Life" type albums for them for their birthday presents, including a section going back through the generations. I thought they wouldn't be interested but took the view that one day, when they were older, they might want to know about their family history. I really didn't think it would appeal much when they were so young and just starting life's adventures. I certainly couldn't have given two hoots at that age. I couldn't have been more wrong, they loved them. A lot of their friends asked of their Parents would do one for them too. Those life history albums just seemed to strike a chord with them.

Anyway it's lovely sunshine here now. Going to put on some slap, prep my dinner and then I'm off out.....
  • bellkat
    bellkat Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m a long time lurker on this thread.

As you were talking about decluttering LL, I thought I would just let you know, if you don’t already, that there is a series on Netf**x, featuring Marie Kondo

I know you have mentioned before about being a fan of her methods. The series is set in the US, as she lives there now. It’s really good to see how she helps people to organise their lives, very motivational.

I hope everyone who’s poorly are feeling better. I have been ill myself all over Christmas so I know how it feels. I thought I may have lost some weight because of it, but I have still managed to gain a couple of pounds!!

Happy New Year
    New Year New You Challenge - 13.5lbs/10lbs

Spring Into Spring Challenge-2.5lbs/10lbs

Slimming World Total Loss - 2 stone 3lbs
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business