Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I use Advantage (£11/4 tubes) on most of our cats, but fluffy pants has the more expensive Advocate (£40/6) from the vets because that covers worms too as he is a demon with tablets. One of mine had to have several teeth removed under anaesthetic 18 months ago and that was about £250, sorry. They gave me a worst case quote of £450 at the time :eek:

Front line (and generic equivalents) seem to have stopped working although they used to be very good.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I know it won't be cheap redo. Got to be done though.

Have had a good Saturday, 1lb loss at WW, hair cut and spent the afternoon lazing in the sun. Tried to get away from the football but our southern Irish neighbours had the TV outside and were very loudly supporting England. We live in an area that is predominantly Italian/southern Irish. It did make me smile that even the Bulgarian people down the road had England flags out.

Must check finances tomorrow, have had a couple of very spendy days. Also need to clean up tomorrow morning but the afternoon will be spent sunbathing again :)

And Mr SA is STILL watching b****y football :( Only one more week to go.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Eek, those animals of yours need to go and get a job :D.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    I know it won't be cheap redo. Got to be done though.

Have had a good Saturday, 1lb loss at WW, hair cut and spent the afternoon lazing in the sun. Tried to get away from the football but our southern Irish neighbours had the TV outside and were very loudly supporting England. We live in an area that is predominantly Italian/southern Irish. It did make me smile that even the Bulgarian people down the road had England flags out.

Must check finances tomorrow, have had a couple of very spendy days. Also need to clean up tomorrow morning but the afternoon will be spent sunbathing again :)

And Mr SA is STILL watching b****y football :( Only one more week to go.

Football :mad: it seems to be going on forever :mad::mad::mad:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just catching up - must admit I'm really getting into the football as were doing so well. Reminding me of '66! Great excuse for a good drink with friends as well!:D

Hope all goes well with puss's dental treatment.

Book the holiday - whatever date you choose in the end!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Hey SSG I still have the World Cup Willie snow shaker my parents bought me but I was too young to remember the match :)

I might moan but the atmosphere the World Cup is creating is brilliant :) You should see where I work, they have decorated it with flags of every nation and it's so colourful.

Have spent a very nice day in the sun today and it's been a NSD, the first one of July. Did my finances this morning and really need to update my signature as it's so out of date.

Still not booked Lanzarote for October but 90% sure I will. I've got 11 days leave to use up before the end of October - any excuse LOL.

Just made a date to meet work friend for lunch on Friday. I used to work with her in my old job and miss her so much. The people I work with now are lovely but it's not the same. The lady who sits behind me is lovely but she's deaf, her first language is signing, we have had a few sort of conversations with gesticulations and she can lip read quite well but it's pretty quiet as you can imagine. There is talk of a sign language course and I would like to go on it. I'm picking up a few bits from her but it would be good to be more fluent. I still don't regret moving jobs though, I do love my new job and I feel really appreciated.

DGD's 4th birthday tomorrow. We were in Ibiza the day she was born. It was weird, DS's GF was in labour and I was dancing in Cafe Mambo about to become a gran. Not long now and we'll be back :)

So Monday looms, must go to bed soon in preparation for the week ahead. Have a good one folks xx
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    How did it get to Wednesday already :eek:

Not a lot to report really, been pretty boring, just work, cooking, cleaning, lots of walking, Pilates. Mr SA has been hard work what with his World Cup obsession and his knack of not making it to the toilet in time :( Washing the bathroom floor at 1am is not my idea of fun, especially when I get up at 5. And then there's the soiled clothes :(

Hope everyone is ok, will catch up with diaries shortly xx
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Oh hun the toilet problems must be awful :(. I really feel for you Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    How did it get to Wednesday already :eek:

Not a lot to report really, been pretty boring, just work, cooking, cleaning, lots of walking, Pilates. Mr SA has been hard work what with his World Cup obsession and his knack of not making it to the toilet in time :( Washing the bathroom floor at 1am is not my idea of fun, especially when I get up at 5. And then there's the soiled clothes :(

Hope everyone is ok, will catch up with diaries shortly xx

Oh no how horrible for you :( you deserve a medal.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,478 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    & I thought one of the cats being sick in three places was bad enough.
    You have my sympathy :( xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ouch to vets bills and to cleaning messes at silly o clock - you deserve that holiday - go SA - go SA

Will your gdd start school in September then? My gdd starts in September but with a November birthday is in the older half of the year - some of them are only just 4 - so young to be starting school - lol I think being a grandma is making me go soft in my old age - I never felt like that about mine :rotfl::rotfl: but I'd never worked in a school then so didn't know what was expected of them:eek::eek:
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure