Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,520 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your weather Beanie. It's been hotter than ever here, not a cloud in the sky. On the minus side it means I've got nothing done. I do love my sun - hence my name :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,644 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    SA~~ That should be my middle name :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Tax code restored to normal and I don't owe £60k after all :j They faxed my proper code to payroll in case it didn't arrive by post in time for payroll cut off date. Phew :)

Mr SA has actually done something productive today. He saw some gardeners working on a house down the road and asked if they'd give us a quote. They came round at lunchtime and not only quoted but have completely cleared the garden, chopped all the hedges, trees and bushes including the 30ft Christmas tree for £400. They're coming back tomorrow to chop another tree down, landscape another area with slabs, bark and pots and supply and fit a new gate all for £600. The downside is they have completely cleared the bottom of the garden, including some nice shrubs and a holly tree. Not their fault though as Mr SA told them to clear it all. I must admit it looks so much better if a little bare. They had just finished the job down the road and had some spare time - how lucky was that :) I thought it would cost a lot more than that.

Mr SA is going to ask them how much to lay a path from the pond to the patio.

So quite a fruitful day today :)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great news on both fronts :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done to Mr SA.... that sounds like money very well spent, and you will be able to re landscape the bare patches in a way that you want it to look. :)
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Great news all round Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done Mr SA on the garden initiative. Must have been the weekend for productive gardening - we got a lot done too - NSD spent a fortune :eek:

I wouldn't mind paying all that tax if I thought I'd be getting a squillion pound pension:rotfl::rotfl: glad it was sorted for you.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just caught up with your goings-on! Bit of a shock about the tax error, but at least it was sorted out so quickly (phew!)

Great that you have booked your holiday - and good news about the reduced travel insurance as well!

What a result about your garden! That was a really good price you paid for the work - everyone round my way seems to pay a fortune for work/landscaping on their gardens! And you've still got quite a bit of the summer left to enjoy your lovely new space!

Have a good day SA.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    And here we are back to Friday :)

Got £20 in vouchers from someone at work today :) That makes £40 - not spent the others yet. Left work at 1pm with the intent of spending said vouchers in the Debenhams 20% off for cardholders event. Couldn't find anything :( The place was like a jumble sale, racks of tat everywhere. So typical when you have the money to spend you can't find anything. Tried John Lewis then House of Fraser - just the same - like jumble sales. You can only spend the vouchers in certain shops, unfortunately the shops I tend to spend in aren't on the list. I'm not surprised some shops are going down the pan if today was anything to go by.

Mr SA has hurt his knee and can hardly move. I don't know what he's done to it but he's driving me nuts moaning about it.

Path was going to be £300 so said no thanks. I think I'd prefer stepping stones anyway and we can do those.

Got a letter from pension place apologising for tax mix up.

Tomorrow we're off to local builders merchants (family owned not a chain) to source some stepping stones and a few slabs. Then Sunday we've got to take the dog to the vets for her booster - 4 mile walk each way, not on a bus route unfortunately.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sounds dear for the path.
    Hope Mr SA's knee is better soon.
    Eek to the long walk to the vet.
    Boo to not being able to spend the vouchers.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback