Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    How stupid! Surely you aren't the only person ever to take a lump sum payment?! Here's hoping they either sort it immediately or someone actually decides to pay you £8K a month.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SA a similar thing happened to me 5 yrs ago, I had a pension that I could take at 50 and got a lump sum payment just over £8000 . Like you I nearly had heart failure as I received the letter over Christmas period . One phone call to the tax office had it sorted but still worried about it till payday.

Glad to hear Mr SA is watching the final, the new football season starts in a couple of weeks so he will be well catered for. Go book your holiday , love lanzarote in the later season, always stay in Playa Blanca.

Enjoy your weekend. Hope the cats are ok .
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,520 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all and happy Saturday

I registered for a personal tax account and finally got online to view my pension income. They have me down for getting £1m a year pension :rotfl: It wouldn't let me change the amount to £0 and told me to ring a number, which I have done, but they're not allowed to access my tax records as I'm a civil servant. The lady I spoke to was confident it would all get sorted quickly but I'll have to wait until Monday and speak to a special office that deal with civil service tax affairs. Not sure if I'm at fault with this as the pension place sent me a P45 to give to my new employer which I didn't because I don't have a new employer but maybe I should've given it to my present one? I had a feeling taking this lump sum would cause problems.

Anyway trying not to think about it too much over the weekend as it will get sorted, it's just a misunderstanding in the system, but for once I'll be glad when it's Monday and I get speak to HMRC.

DS and the GKs are due to come today, the weather is fab so I'll get the sandpit out for them.

Mr SA is just getting up - he can go from fast asleep one minute to up and ready to go out in seconds! I wouldn't mind but he woke me up by switching the TV on at 5am then promptly fell back asleep. He'll come downstairs in a minute fully dressed with his bag on his shoulder and ask if we're taking the dog on the park.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    At least Mr SA is predictable :rotfl:.

Have a lovely day with the family in the sun Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Had a lovely day in the sun and the GKs enjoyed playing in the sandpit. Mr SA did exactly as predicted this morning :)

Not a lot else to report. Planning a lazy day tomorrow after I've done the cleaning and finances.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad you had a good day. A lazy Sunday sounds good :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Not got half the stuff done I wanted to today, it was too hot! Was lazy and sat in the garden reading most of the day. Although this morning was productive in that I got a better deal for the dog's insurance with £45 cashback :) Then I booked Lanzarote for October with £50 cashback :) Then I booked the holiday insurance - got cashback on that too but not sure how much. It was only £17 for the two of us for a week - Mr SA is classed as cured apparently as it's 5 years since his last chemo. So next year I'll try for the annual policy as haven't been able to do that before. Anyway we're going 2 October so I'll only be back at work 4 weeks then I'll be off again :)

Need to sort out the tax fiasco tomorrow, I know it will be ok in the end.

Finances done today, all ok but need to start keeping a track of spending again as went off piste a bit the last couple of weeks. Got £40 in my holiday handbag fund for Ibiza :)

Ugh Monday tomorrow - back on the hamster wheel of work :(
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,644 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So glad that you have booked the holiday :j :j :j
    Hope you get the tax sorted out ok tomorrow.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope the phonecall tomorrow is quick and painless Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,644 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh and it has been raining here today.
    So no garden & book for me sadly.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback