IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC - ANYONE who gets a 'ticket' - please read

Options

Comments

• giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    On top of that I don't think BR got a subsidy from the government either, they were entirely self funding I believe.

Not only was BR heavily subsidised as per the above post but Dr Beeching was brought in to cut costs and ended up closing many thousands of (mostly rural) lines and stations in an attempt to do so. More people travel on the railways than did before privatisation. For sure it is less than perfect and fares are high if you don't book in advance and go at peak times, they are also obscure and difficult to fathom but the drain on the public purse is less than it used to be.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    BobSmith wrote: »
    UKPC is private.

Not wardens - employees
    Not tickets - invoices
    Not fines - unlawful demands
    Not law - scam

Now this is how all threads should end - on a masterful summary.
  • FAIRPLAY
    Options
    Issued a ticket (invoice) by UKPC earlier in the year...I used Google, came on to MSE and read posts on this forum.

I ignored UKPC and true enough got the stupid letters...

Initially from UKPC asking me to pay a ‘fine’...

Then from a 'debt recovery' agency (no doubt the UKPC)...

Then from a Solicitor (UKPC again perhaps?)...

Then from a new debt recovery agency (UKPC) saying I could now pay the fine at a REDUCED rate...(yes – how odd - debt recovery agencies now reduce fines IN THIER FIRST CONTACT WITH YOU)

Then a new letter from the debt recovery agency offering a FURTHER REDUCTION on my fine...(yes, then they offer to reduce it more – how odd)

Then.....

Silence.

All because of people on this forum taking the time to warn the public to not pay these STUPID ‘fines’ - THANKYOU ALL.

PRIVATE PARKING TICKETS ARE NOT ENFORCEABLE – DO NOT PAY THEM – EVENTUALLY THEY WILL GO OUT OF BUSINESS

I wish we could somehow get this message to all the poor people who get swindled into paying up –

the government should do something about these people as it's a bl**dy disgrace.

:T
    I received a private parking fine whilst in a pub, I have been parking there for the past 10 years, obviously not everyday but it's never been a problem, there are couple of shops nearby and I think that day I also had a quick look around, then I receive a parking fine, one of those photo that the shop owners or pub have to take themselves, I looked them up on Google and Martins and everyone said not to pay, however now I've received a notice of intended action from CCS Collect and I'm now getting a bit worried, should I still IGNORE ?? it has now gone up to £115.00.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    FAIRPLAY wrote: »
    I received a private parking fine whilst in a pub, I have been parking there for the past 10 years, obviously not everyday but it's never been a problem, there are couple of shops nearby and I think that day I also had a quick look around, then I receive a parking fine, one of those photo that the shop owners or pub have to take themselves, I looked them up on Google and Martins and everyone said not to pay, however now I've received a notice of intended action from CCS Collect and I'm now getting a bit worried, should I still IGNORE ?? it has now gone up to £115.00.

Yes ignore utterly, file the letter away and forget about it, you may get a couple more then that's the end of the scam for you. So don't fall victim to this company, they have as much right to your money as i do , if I asked you for £115 for this reply, would you pay if I said I intended to take you to the small claims ? thought not ;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    By the way it's not a fine! Just an invoice
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Trebor16
    Trebor16 Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    Options
    FAIRPLAY wrote: »

Yes, hold firm, it is one of their tricks they use to scare people.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
  • FAIRPLAY
    Options
    Issued a ticket (invoice) by UKPC earlier in the year...I used Google, came on to MSE and read posts on this forum.

Then from a new debt recovery agency (UKPC) saying I could now pay the fine at a REDUCED rate...(yes – how odd - debt recovery agencies now reduce fines IN THIER FIRST CONTACT WITH YOU)

Then a new letter from the debt recovery agency offering a FURTHER REDUCTION on my fine...(yes, then they offer to reduce it more – how odd)

Then.....

Silence.

All because of people on this forum taking the time to warn the public to not pay these STUPID ‘fines’ - THANKYOU ALL.

PRIVATE PARKING TICKETS ARE NOT ENFORCEABLE – DO NOT PAY THEM – EVENTUALLY THEY WILL GO OUT OF BUSINESS

I wish we could somehow get this message to all the poor people who get swindled into paying up –

the government should do something about these people as it's a bl**dy disgrace.

taffy056 wrote: »
    Yes ignore utterly, file the letter away and forget about it, you may get a couple more then that's the end of the scam for you. So don't fall victim to this company, they have as much right to your money as i do , if I asked you for £115 for this reply, would you pay if I said I intended to take you to the small claims ? thought not ;)

Thanks Taffy ! and Trebor16!:)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The CCS Collect letter-chain is shown in pics on the top thread 'PPC letters, what to expect':

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

Saw it there listed under G24, other PPCs also use CCS collect. It's just letters, go and look and get a preview of what will come next so you can just play a fun game of PPC snap with each threatogram from now on.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mushypeas_3
    Options

Then.....

Silence.

hi bobsmith just had my first letter but i are going to take the advice of all replies, thanks
  • rachie_cakes
    Options
    Hi all, pleased I saw this thread. Got a ticket slapped on my car at Gateshead Metro Centre on Thursday night. Was going to use the template on here to 'appeal' the ticket but do you think it is best I ignore the matter completely? Any advice is appreicated, many thanks in advance x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure