IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC - ANYONE who gets a 'ticket' - please read

Options
123457»

Comments

• charlieB
    Options
    Thanks a lot, Coupon Mad!

I've been dithering about this past hour or so, wondering whether I should pay or not but will now do exactly what you suggest.

Incidentally, I see that UKPC charge £1.50 if you pay by credit or debit card but, if you pay by cheque, you must allow up to 8 days for it to clear. So, unless you get the cheque off the minute the letter arrives (rejecting the appeal) you risk the cheque not clearing in time and incurring further charges!!

And to anyone who argues that you have to "obey the rules" (as seen in one forum), I normally do but the goalposts keep moving. For non Blue-Badge holders this company charges £3.40 for 2 hours parking there so are targeting the sick or possibly anxious relatives who are vulnerable and which I believe is nothing short of criminal.

Thanks again!:T
  • BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    Options
    But you dont risk any further charges as their charges are not enforceable and can be ignored

Very recently ukpc was sued for trespass and had make a formal court undertaking not to do it again!! Cost them over 1k
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • BobSmith wrote: »
    Issued a ticket (invoice) by UKPC earlier in the year...I used Google, came on to MSE and read posts on this forum.

I ignored UKPC and true enough got the stupid letters...

Initially from UKPC asking me to pay a ‘fine’...

Then from a 'debt recovery' agency (no doubt the UKPC)...

Then from a Solicitor (UKPC again perhaps?)...

Then from a new debt recovery agency (UKPC) saying I could now pay the fine at a REDUCED rate...(yes – how odd - debt recovery agencies now reduce fines IN THIER FIRST CONTACT WITH YOU)

Then a new letter from the debt recovery agency offering a FURTHER REDUCTION on my fine...(yes, then they offer to reduce it more – how odd)

Then.....

Silence.

All because of people on this forum taking the time to warn the public to not pay these STUPID ‘fines’ - THANKYOU ALL.

PRIVATE PARKING TICKETS ARE NOT ENFORCEABLE – DO NOT PAY THEM – EVENTUALLY THEY WILL GO OUT OF BUSINESS

I wish we could somehow get this message to all the poor people who get swindled into paying up –

the government should do something about these people as it's a bl**dy disgrace.

:T

HI there,
    sorry dont know how to post yet so jumping on your thread. I received a letter straight from the debt recovery people re APCOA. and agency who want to fine me for dropping someone off in supposedly a no drop off zone at an airport. does the same apply as ive received threats from them. i didnt even receive an initial invoice before the debt people which they say is not there fault and tough.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    HI there,
    sorry dont know how to post yet so jumping on your thread. I received a letter straight from the debt recovery people re APCOA. and agency who want to fine me for dropping someone off in supposedly a no drop off zone at an airport. does the same apply as ive received threats from them. i didnt even receive an initial invoice before the debt people which they say is not there fault and tough.

Ignore them, for further advice post a new thread on the link below

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,839 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    HI there,

Go to the main parking forum as just linked for you by Stroma (you could also just go there with one click but Stroma's linked it anyway). Two easy things to do in order to get used to the forum and see that this is all a scam:

1. In the 'search this forum' option on the right of the titles titles just above all the listed threads, put in 'APCOA Luton' into the search box (with correct capitals, has to be exact). Your search result will reveal many threads much more relevant for you to read.

2. Back at the forum thread list (always one click away by following the breadcrumb trail back - as explained in my signature under my post here) look on the far left hand side above all the listed threads, there's a blue 'new thread' button if you need to start one with any further queries not already answered here.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure