IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC - ANYONE who gets a 'ticket' - please read

Options

Comments

• The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    can someone give me some advise on this subject that has a slightly different circumstance.

No, your (uncle's) circumstances are no different from the hundreds of threads here. DO NOT PAY THE SCAMMERS. DO NOT COMMUNICATE ANY FURTHER WITH THEM.

You need to make some serious effort to educate your uncle about the scam that this is. Sit him down and go through the sticky threads on this forum, including the Watchdog clip. Pick a few threads (do some homework first finding them) where people have been issued such invoices in similar circumstances, and let him see what the advice is. Assure him that there is no way anyone is going to come round to his house to demand anything - the most scary thing he'll get is an increasing amount of red ink on the letters received.

If you get to persuade him, you'll probably need to do the whole thing again each time the next letter in the chain arrives, as, no doubt, he'll get spooked and want to pay again. Don't let him.

Good luck!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    can someone give me some advise on this subject that has a slightly different circumstance.
    I have an elderly Uncle who has all his marbles etc who has a problem with these !!!!!!!s.
    Recently he parked in a retail park to purchase windscreen wipers in Halfords. On getting out of the car he clocked one of these "little Hitlers" parading around the area. he asked "How long he had to park there". the reply from the !!!!-bag was "three hours".
    Now before going into halfords, my Uncle diverted into john lewis across the road for something. Not long after he headed towards Halfords and made his purchase.
    On returning to the car he spotted a "ticket" on the windscreen stating time the car was noticed (12:44) and time left (12:44) ..left meaning "Left the site"...yes my uncle is getting stung for leaving the site !
    Later by phone my Uncle queried this with UKPC who had some bint telling him they will look into the matter. A few days later he recieves a letter asking "If he could prove his visit to Halfords with a receipt they will look into it further" !!!!!! who keeps receipts for a windscreen wiper ???
    Ive told him not to pay it after reading this thread and sadly or more annoyinglyas i write this hes told me he's gone and wrote the cheque out. he doesnt wants to risk it or as he puts it "some bruised nosed thug" knocking at his door !
    Im so F***** angry about this. this Scumbag did not stipulate that you are not allowed to leave the site and you arent going to automatically think thiis because there are several retail parks and Malls next to each other.

No different than any others of the thousands of threads on here. Have you read the current threads, the sticky info at the top of the board, watched the Watchdog clip there, seen the letter-chains to ignore?

This thread is an old one to bump - no need to bump it with another reply - but maybe you need some help to navigate a forum? You are writing as if this is the only thread and that this matter hasn't been covered anywhere here...;):D

Any private 'parking charge notice' is a scam, whatever the circumstances, even if someone parked sideways in a parent & child bay for 3 days.

Of course you just ignore the whole thing, this forum is clear with the advice and I have ignored a fake PCN like yours myself. Look at the current threads on the same forum you found this on, not just the comments on this random old thread. Click here, I have made it easy:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

All those you see near the top are new threads or posts today, every single day on this forum. All posters here with a fake PCN like yours are simply ignoring the PPC (private parking company).

Please read first the sticky threads, 'welcome, please read before posting' and 'PPC letters/threats' at the top of the forum.

Watch the Watchdog video - featuring a fake PCN with photos of a car, just like yours - and look at the preview pictures of letters they will send the registered keeper. Panic ye not for the whole thing is a mail scam.

Finally, you posted on an oldish long thread - not your fault but you may have completely missed the current forum and sticky advice threads?

Quick forum use tip for forum novices:

When you Google and find a random thread on any online forum, take a step back and look at the sub-forum, the board the thread sits on and read the info threads at the top which are called 'stickies' as they stick permanently at the top of the board like notices.

To do this, look at the top of this page for the blue link starting Home > Forums > and so on (it's in small writing, always written as a chain-link on any forum, always with > inbetween each step, and it ends with the name of this thread).

Hope that makes sense.

Now if you try clicking on the right-hand end of the breadcrumb trail link on a forum you can vew the current threads. Please read the stickies (info threads at the top that I mentioned) by clicking on the end of the Home > Forums > 'breadcrumb link' at the top.

My signature tells you what to click on to read the current forum, for future reference - in fact I have given you the link to it above this time.

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Finley2012
    Options
    In April I had a ticket from ukpc. I couldn't retrieve the photo evidence so rang them. I was told by Gemma there had been a problem and would not need to pay the fine as they had no record, i asked for a ref number but was told no point as my registration is not recorded with them.i heard nothing else until we returned from holiday last wednesday. Waiting for us was a letter from the debt recovery plus for £150. I rang them immediately, they said they had sent us letters and evidence, turns out they had sent it to the leading company and we hadn't had anything. I rang ukpc pleading with them to play back recording of my conversation with Gemma, I was shouted at and talked over and told there was no point as she shouldn't have said it. It was my fault as I should have just paid. I argued why would someone pay something they are told not to. I was in tears. The woman kept repeating "speak to debt recovery plus" I spoke to them again and becky just kept demanding "how are you gonna pay" no explanation or appeal would be accepted. She then
    said as a gesture of goodwill ( gee thanks youre all heart) we would
    knock 10% off. She was awful. I rang my husband, the car is registered in his name and he is self employed. He was worried he would get a bad credit rating and things are difficult enough as it is at the moment. I paid through pure fear, I was shaking and my heart pounding when I rang back. I had to pay on my credit card as have no money spare. I am gutted but want to get the money back. I got legal advise and they had told me to offer to pay £60 which I did but they wouldn't accept it. I have write to my mo, newspaper and watchdog and sm gonna fight this. This is bullying and harassment and could cause an elderly person serious health issues. I felt physically sick after my conversation and suffer with high blood pressure which was sky high afterwards.
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Finley2012 wrote: »
    In April I had a ticket from ukpc. I couldn't retrieve the photo evidence so rang them. I was told by Gemma there had been a problem and would not need to pay the fine as they had no record, i asked for a ref number but was told no point as my registration is not recorded with them.i heard nothing else until we returned from holiday last wednesday. Waiting for us was a letter from the debt recovery plus for £150. I rang them immediately, they said they had sent us letters and evidence, turns out they had sent it to the leading company and we hadn't had anything. I rang ukpc pleading with them to play back recording of my conversation with Gemma, I was shouted at and talked over and told there was no point as she shouldn't have said it. It was my fault as I should have just paid. I argued why would someone pay something they are told not to. I was in tears. The woman kept repeating "speak to debt recovery plus" I spoke to them again and becky just kept demanding "how are you gonna pay" no explanation or appeal would be accepted. She then
    knock 10% off. She was awful. I rang my husband, the car is registered in his name and he is self employed. He was worried he would get a bad credit rating and things are difficult enough as it is at the moment. I paid through pure fear, I was shaking and my heart pounding when I rang back. I had to pay on my credit card as have no money spare. I am gutted but want to get the money back. I got legal advise and they had told me to offer to pay £60 which I did but they wouldn't accept it. I have write to my mo, newspaper and watchdog and sm gonna fight this. This is bullying and harassment and could cause an elderly person serious health issues. I felt physically sick after my conversation and suffer with high blood pressure which was sky high afterwards.

Hopefully now you've found this board you'll realise it was all a con and in future you should ignore them ?

There's little you can do to get your money back this time but I'm intrigued who gave you such incorrect legal advice ?
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • LincolnshireYokel
    Options

Yep, you've just been mugged by a legalised mugger, courtesy of crooked Nu Labour, the crooked DVLC, the crooked BPA and the indolent couldnt-care-less ICO.

However, next time, come here and we'll soothe your nerves and you'll not have to pay a cent, and you might even get to sue them for harassment . Read a fe wof the threads, you'll get the idea. There 'parking tickets' are in reality unenforceable begging letters.
    **** I hereby relieve MSE of all legal responsibility for my post and assume personal responsible for all posts. If any Parking Pirates have a problem with my post then contact me for my solicitors address.*****
  • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    Options
    why dont you phone the credit card company and tell them you paid it under duress and claim the money back through them?
  • Finley2012
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I do feel conned but felt I was running out of time. I will see about ringing the credit card company. I just didn't want a ccj against us.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I do feel conned but felt I was running out of time. I will see about ringing the credit card company. I just didn't want a ccj against us.

You wouldn't have got a CCJ. You were conned:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=24362

Oh dear. I so wish you hadn't taken the scam seriously. :(
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Finley2012
    Options
    Do you think there is a chance I could get my money back. Becky at debt recovery assured me with the photographic evidence it would jo against me in court.
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 August 2012 at 12:37AM
    Options
    If Becky in debt recovery says so, who are we to argue? She works in debt recovery. What the !!!! did you expect her to say? :doh:
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure