IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC - ANYONE who gets a 'ticket' - please read

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Finley2012 wrote: »
    Do you think there is a chance I could get my money back. Becky at debt recovery assured me with the photographic evidence it would jo against me in court.

No chance.

You fell for it hook, line and sinker I am afraid, and Becky helped. There was NEVER going to be any Court, there was never any EVIDENCE because it wasn't a crime, wasn't a real fine at all. If someone takes a photo of you or your car that's not 'evidence', that's...a photo!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No chance.

You fell for it hook, line and sinker I am afraid, and Becky helped.

and got her commission :eek:
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you think there is a chance I could get my money back. Becky at debt recovery assured me with the photographic evidence it would jo against me in court.

What Becky forgot to mention is debt recovery plus have no cause of action. Only the owner of a debt or a solicitor on their behalf can issue court proceedings.

But then Becky would not get her commission if she told you that. Try the card issuer, explain that they lied to you but it wont be easy!
  • BASFORDLAD
    BASFORDLAD Posts: 2,418 Forumite
    Options
    Becky is a lying toad.
    For everthing else there's mastercard.
    For clampers there's Barclaycard.
  • LincolnshireYokel
    Options

STOP BELIEVING what the scammers tell you!!!!! They just want youir money, and they dont care a jot about your predicament. They quite happily lie through there teeth as long as you pay up!!!

I (and everyone else here) will tell you now that EVERY SINGLE word uttered to you by becky, UKCPS, Debt Rocovery Ltd and anyone else associated with them is a load of rubbish, and doesnt contain a grain of truth!! They CANNOT take you to court!!! You did not owe them anything!!!

You need to get your money back off them now via a chargeback, or drag them into a Small Claims Court, you can even do it online.
    **** I hereby relieve MSE of all legal responsibility for my post and assume personal responsible for all posts. If any Parking Pirates have a problem with my post then contact me for my solicitors address.*****
  • Finley2012
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your support. I must sound thick and fickle but this isn't normally like me. I wanted to speak to the credit card company but my husband is also wary as the car is in his name and things are difficult with his company at the moment. I am going to take them to small claims though. Going to look into it now.
  • Finley2012
    Options
    Another letter today from debt recovery plus, stating same thing but saying solicitors may be informed and we will have to pay in next 7 days. Laughable really, they demanded I paid the balance of £0.00??? How pathetic, so wish I hadn't paid!
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 August 2012 at 7:22AM
    Options
    Another letter today from debt recovery plus, stating same thing but saying solicitors may be informed and we will have to pay in next 7 days. Laughable really, they demanded I paid the balance of £0.00??? How pathetic, so wish I hadn't paid!

DRP do have history of paying up after the issue of a claim!;)

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=68406&st=20
  • charlieB
    Options
    Having recently had a knee replacement operation and having a Blue Badge, I went back to the hospital and parked in what I thought was a disabled space, next to the physio dept, only to find a ticket when I got back.
    Apparently there was a notice on the wall saying waiting was limited to 20 mins. I thought it related to the space in front of me, plus there was snow covering much of the road so it was hard to see the road markings clearly. It wasn't clear but my partner, who is a stickler for such things, thought the same. I used to park there previously.

I know there were definitely 2 disabled spaces behind me and I was only there for 25 mins.

I did appeal only for it to be rejected; surprise, surprise.
    I am tempted to ignore it but am in a lot of pain at the moment and am not sure I can face the bullying and harrassment which will follow. On the other hand, I have missed a lot of work, being self-employed so can not really afford this.

But mainly, I am scared that when I go back to the hospital - which I will need to do - I will face more fines, harrassment and possibly having my car clamped! What should I do? Any ideas?

Incidentally, I went to a hospital in London and couldn't even park because most of the disabled spaces were taken up with non-Blue Badge displaying vehicles! Can't win, either way, can I?

Thanks.:(
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 February 2013 at 11:12PM
    Options
    charlieB wrote: »
    Having recently had a knee replacement operation and having a Blue Badge, I went back to the hospital and parked in what I thought was a disabled space, next to the physio dept, only to find a ticket when I got back.
    Apparently there was a notice on the wall saying waiting was limited to 20 mins. I thought it related to the space in front of me, plus there was snow covering much of the road so it was hard to see the road markings clearly. It wasn't clear but my partner, who is a stickler for such things, thought the same. I used to park there previously.

I know there were definitely 2 disabled spaces behind me and I was only there for 25 mins.

I did appeal only for it to be rejected; surprise, surprise.
    I am tempted to ignore it but am in a lot of pain at the moment and am not sure I can face the bullying and harrassment which will follow. On the other hand, I have missed a lot of work, being self-employed so can not really afford this.

But mainly, I am scared that when I go back to the hospital - which I will need to do - I will face more fines, harrassment and possibly having my car clamped! What should I do? Any ideas?

Incidentally, I went to a hospital in London and couldn't even park because most of the disabled spaces were taken up with non-Blue Badge displaying vehicles! Can't win, either way, can I?

Thanks.:(

Yes you can win!

And anyway, FYI, cars in disabled spaces on private land do NOT have to show a Blue Badge as long as the occupant is disabled and entitled to use the space by virtue of their condition. Like you. I know people have swallowed the idea that they HAVE to show a Blue Badge because of the scammers' signs - but they don't as long as they have a 'protected characteristic' under the Equality Act 2010. But that's another story really.

So I would ignore the PPC. If you can ignore phishing emailers you can ignore this scam too. It's not scary to just file some junk mail that matches these pictures:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2329119

Clamping is illegal since last October, so that can't happen so STOP getting so freaked out.

Complain to the hospital, in writing saying that this is disability discrimination as:

- the signs were not clear

- you are not even sure if the '20mins' applied to that bay and even if it did

- it's a breach of the Equality Act 2010 to arbitrarily apply the same standard time limit to disabled people as able-bodied people get. So the hospital and their parking agents have brokern the law. This BBC article about Supermarket (same sort of car park in that it's private) refers:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8488737.stm

Write a very strong complaint letter to the hospital and tell them you are scared to return because of this illegal harassment, what are they going to do to put this disability discrimination right? No 'sorry' no 'please' no 'thankyou kindly' - it's NOT that sort of letter. Copy in your MP and make it obvious on the hospital's copy that a version has also gone to the MP by putting 'cc xxxx xxxxx' (MP's name) at the top under their address. Address it to a named 'Parking Manager' at the Hospital - you could ring up to ask who exactly to address your complaint to (but DO NOT agree to discuss it over the phone as you'll get stressed and may miss out the important Equality Act breach issue, and anyway, you'll want to include a printout of the BBC article as a reference).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure