An update on me

Options

Comments

• happyandcontented
    Options
    I am a bit lost here. You were in a fast food restaurant and a group of teenagers just started abusing you? The staff should have called the police.
  • Tabbytabitha
    Tabbytabitha Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    How can you be "isolated at home" (in Scotland ) when you're at university in England?
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sleep apnea must be a terrible condition, poor sleep is understandably going to lead to you feeling low. One of the main causes is being overweight, has the doctor spoke to you about this? Frequent trips to fast food outlets can't be helping.

Regarding the young people, the best way to avoid these situations is to ignore them, remove yourself from the situation. Their behaviour is not acceptable, but now that you've reacted to them they're always going to look out for you. I'd find somewhere else to eat at, or cook at home.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sleep apnea must be a terrible condition, poor sleep is understandably going to lead to you feeling low. One of the main causes is being overweight, has the doctor spoke to you about this? Frequent trips to fast food outlets can't be helping.

Regarding the young people, the best way to avoid these situations is to ignore them, remove yourself from the situation. Their behaviour is not acceptable, but now that you've reacted to them they're always going to look out for you. I'd find somewhere else to eat at, or cook at home.

As on another thread my GP is useless, I gained weight due to stress and the sleep apnea which then slows recovery so it was a vicious circle.

Fast food I just eat a sandwich/sub and get a free refill to get me out of the house, for £3 its a good deal as I don't like burgers and the places like McDonalds charge like £4.50 and has even more kids in and I feel ill after.
    I am a bit lost here. You were in a fast food restaurant and a group of teenagers just started abusing you? The staff should have called the police.

The member of staff on the first time keeps out of things as she doesnt want the hassle she did call police in end and I didn't know and had left by time they arrived. She did lose it eventually and scream at them to get out.

2nd time the member of staff didn't call as it happened in the doorway and he thought that meant off premises.
    How can you be "isolated at home" (in Scotland ) when you're at university in England?

Its called a train, it takes 1 hour to England (and im at COLLEGE in England not university)

Isolated means that I stick to a routine, on days when im not studying I may sit at home all day doing nothing and that was why I started going to town to eat, so I got out of the house for 40-60 minutes a day as before that went 4-14 days without leaving the house. Im only in class 2 and a half days a week.
  • Tabbytabitha
    Tabbytabitha Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 10 March 2018 at 6:55PM
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »
    As on another thread my GP is useless, I gained weight due to stress and the sleep apnea which then slows recovery so it was a vicious circle.

Fast food I just eat a sandwich/sub and get a free refill to get me out of the house, for £3 its a good deal as I don't like burgers and the places like McDonalds charge like £4.50 and has even more kids in and I feel ill after.

The member of staff on the first time keeps out of things as she doesnt want the hassle she did call police in end and I didn't know and had left by time they arrived. She did lose it eventually and scream at them to get out.

2nd time the member of staff didn't call as it happened in the doorway and he thought that meant off premises.

Its called a train, it takes 1 hour to England (and im at COLLEGE in England not university)

Isolated means that I stick to a routine,
    on days when im not studying I may sit at home all day doing nothing and that was why I started going to town to eat, so I got out of the house for 40-60 minutes a day as before that went 4-14 days without leaving the house. Im only in class 2 and a half days a week.

Actually, it doesn't but anyway, apologies for thinking you were at university.

Don't you need to go out and use the library for your course?
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    An offensive word that used to be used to describe people with learning or cognitive disabilities, I expect.

I'm none the wiser. Second letter?
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• happyandcontented
    Options
    bogof_babe wrote: »
    i'm none the wiser. Second letter?

e...........
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    dekaspace wrote: »

Isolated means that I stick to a routine, on days when im not studying I may sit at home all day doing nothing and that was why I started going to town to eat, so I got out of the house for 40-60 minutes a day as before that went 4-14 days without leaving the house. Im only in class 2 and a half days a week.

If she doesn't want the hassle then she shouldn't be doing the job.

If you were simply sitting in a cafe minding your own business and did not engage with the group prior to them harassing you, then she should have intervened and called her Supervisor/Manager or the Police. As a customer, you are owed a duty of care.

If, on the other hand, you were getting involved in issues that were the business of the cafe, then she probably thought you could look after yourself.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bogof_Babe wrote: »
    I'm none the wiser. Second letter?

Or the French for late - en retard ;)
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for explaining. Not nice to have that thrown at you, deka is right to be upset.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport