QS Supplies Feedback

Options
katiekatieww
katiekatieww Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 30 April 2010 at 10:24AM in Praise, vent & warnings
I wanted to post some feedback on my recent experience of shopping online with QS Supplies. It has been a stressful and unsatisfactory one. I purchased a bathroom suite, taps, shower tray and door. Paid delivery and followed my order up with a telephone call and to check on the delivery date. Agreed a delivery date and took the day off work to receive it. Checked the morning of delivery and was told it would come between 12 and 5pm. I called again at 2pm to see if it I could contact the courier for a more specific time and was told they didn't like to deal direct with the consumer and that it would definitely arrive by 5pm. At 4pm with no sign of the delivery I called again and was told that if I hadn't been contacted by the courier to arrange a delivery date then the delivery was not scheduled yet. I obviously pointed out that we had had 4 converstions about the agreed delivery and no-one advised that the courier would arrange this with me.

To cut a long story short - many calls later I received my delivery on Thursday and not Tuesday as was originally agreed, or so I thought. And this only because I called on the Thursday morning to once again confirm and was actually advised that the courier would call me to arrange delivery. I insisted the goods were delivered on Thursday and this was accepted and fast-tracked otherwise it seems that it would have arrived a week late. In addition the shower tray had to be cancelled from the order because that was going to arrive separately and would have been around 10 days late. I didn't receive the agreed call an hour before delivery either. Purely by luck my builder was able to take delivery for me.

Overall, the customer service from QS Supplies has been very poor and I have had to chase again today for the refund they told me was processed over a week ago only to be told it hasn't been processed and they will start this today.

My advice - don't use them.

Comments

• threadgrinder
    Options
    Just want to add my recommendation NOT TO USE QS-SUPPLIES. Search the Internet and see all the negative comments (wish I had done this before using them). I wanted to return an item according to their rules (and Distance Selling Regulations). They deny receiving my phone call or e-mail and now say it's too late to return the item. Very arrogant and only just short of abusive on the phone. AVOID.
  • emiller91
    Options
    has anyone taken them to court? had bad expereince!
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • lindaR_2
    Options
    I had a similar experience with this company last month: I ordered a tap but although the website showed the whole thing complete with headers (the bits that turn the water on and off), when it arrived there was only the spout. The headers were extra but there was nowhere on the website to actually specify which ones you wanted. I initially agreed to order them separately but when they telephoned me and told me they would be an extra £30 for two headers, I declined and asked to send my tap back.

That's when the fun started! They said "no" outright at first, I couldn't send it back because it was my fault and I was called a liar when I said I couldn't see how to order the taps as well as the header on the web page! Then I was told as a special favour, I could send it back but they'd charge me 25% "restocking fee". Next I was told I couldn't have my money back because it was a "special item" and eventually they have sent me a Returns Authorisation Code and I have returned it only to find that some illiterate named MEMBER has signed for it and now they are denying all knowledge of receiving it! I am still waiting for my refund and in answer to the question "has anyone taken them to court", no but I am fully prepared to if they don't give me a full refund including the postage costs!

Do not buy anything from this company, many of the positive "reviews" I have found appear to be false, probably written by the company's employees themselves!
  • Villa198
    Villa198 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I posted similar problems with this company last year I did report them to their local trading standards, please think twice before making an expensive purchase.
  • PhilM_3
    Options
    Had a very bad experience with this company. Ordered close to £1500 worth of bathroom before reading hundreds of complaints and bad reviews on many different web sites. I wish I had researched them first.

I am now asking my credit card company to recover £280 for goods which were damaged and which they refuse to accept for return and also an item which was not delivered.

Seriously, avoid. Spend an extra £200 on your bathroom and go to a local independent supplier preferably with personal recommendation. You will save yourself in the long run.
  • jongrav2011
    Options
    I wanted to post some feedback on my recent experience of shopping online with QS Supplies. It has been a stressful and unsatisfactory one. I purchased a bathroom suite, taps, shower tray and door. Paid delivery and followed my order up with a telephone call and to check on the delivery date. Agreed a delivery date and took the day off work to receive it. Checked the morning of delivery and was told it would come between 12 and 5pm. I called again at 2pm to see if it I could contact the courier for a more specific time and was told they didn't like to deal direct with the consumer and that it would definitely arrive by 5pm. At 4pm with no sign of the delivery I called again and was told that if I hadn't been contacted by the courier to arrange a delivery date then the delivery was not scheduled yet. I obviously pointed out that we had had 4 converstions about the agreed delivery and no-one advised that the courier would arrange this with me.

To cut a long story short - many calls later I received my delivery on Thursday and not Tuesday as was originally agreed, or so I thought. And this only because I called on the Thursday morning to once again confirm and was actually advised that the courier would call me to arrange delivery. I insisted the goods were delivered on Thursday and this was accepted and fast-tracked otherwise it seems that it would have arrived a week late. In addition the shower tray had to be cancelled from the order because that was going to arrive separately and would have been around 10 days late. I didn't receive the agreed call an hour before delivery either. Purely by luck my builder was able to take delivery for me.

Overall, the customer service from QS Supplies has been very poor and I have had to chase again today for the refund they told me was processed over a week ago only to be told it hasn't been processed and they will start this today.

My advice - don't use them.

Same story with QS supplies - they supplied the wrong order - but didn't accept that they made a mistake - then I had to pay to return items and then they said 1 of the items was damaged!!!! we did not open the package to damage it therefore it was either damaged when shipped or they're just liars.

no sense in the company whatsoever - no help provided.

will take them to small claims court over delivery charges as they supplied wrong order but would not send order confirmation to demonstrate this and then they scam you on the returns process.

these people should not be in business.
  • slickster79
    Options
    I am afraid I can only agree with these bad reviews! I only wish I had seen them first and saved myself the pain!

Awful company to work with. I purchased a £2.5k bathroom suite. This was delivered 3 weeks after the 7 days estimated delivery. Despite chasing I was consistently lied to by staff and told it was dispatched only to find it hadn't been.

Also, the second half of my order they sat on for 3 weeks (requiring an additional delivery payment which they said they would take when goods were ready to dispatch) with £500 of money in there bank account! Again, I was lied to and told it had/was being dispatched before I finally spoke to a manager who admitted nothing had happened and no one had contacted me to arrange them to order the missing goods.

They are cheap but don't be fooled their staff are rude, poorly trained and you'll end up spending the same money on telephone calls trying to sort things out. Search google for "QS Supplies reviews" and you will see I am not alone!
  • izzieprest
    izzieprest Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    same promblems with them. we ordered a bathroom suite from them and an end panel. end panel wasnt there in the delivery rang up and was accused of lying. awful!!!!!
  • banscombe
    Options
    Beware QS suppies!!! The goods were not delivered on the day they were promised and when delivered part was missing. QS supplies refuse to discuse anything on the phone so you are left in limbo waiting for a reply by e-mail. My most unsatisfactory online purchase yet!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback