PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• sheeppappar
    sheeppappar Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all and glad people are feeling better x
    thanks for running these boards... my march one is still going but will be fine.. april starts on thur so please put me down for £200 again.

doubt there is much chance of reducing as we have mr sheep's 2 for a week in the easter hols and also a week of another grown adult to feed! (mr sheep's friend coming to stay to be another pair of hands at work).. will def be looking in the recipe index for cheap + filling recipes when that week comes around...

I will be back once april starts.. good luck if you've already started xx
    CC1 £7,944.10
    CC2 £2,680.03
    CC3 £1,020.88
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi...really planning a yanking in of the purse strings for april as want to put some cash towards a cheeky holiday at whit week so will need to think about how best to achieve that

not doing too well today as spent on very tasty hot x buns but hey ho only buy them at easter

keep warm tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Budgets done to here :)

Welcome to the new joiners:
    Penny-Pincher!!, smokies, PrincessLou, bekkikay, TDMum and Tiggy10 :D

Good luck everyone for April.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Welsh_Poppy
    Welsh_Poppy Posts: 979 Forumite
    Options
    Can I be put down for £100 it is going to be tough as our budget is £160 normally but we need to save money.
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • fluffpot
    fluffpot Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for starting the April Challenge

Our lovely new kitchen is finally finished, so back to eating normally (instead of take outs/at friends/out) - so I'd like to rejoin the challenge please with a budget of

£200 for the month - this will include a big chunk of lamb for Easter - we normally are non meat but have friends over which gives Mr Fluffpot a chance to cook something meaty!

Good luck everyone
  • Olderbutnotwiser
    Options
    Can I play to please?

I currently spend between £130-£150pw which is ridiculous, I hope to spend no more than £400 in April.

Many thanks
    OBNW
    LBM- finally kicked in 16/12/08 @ [strike]£41,862 [/strike] £0.00/ DFD- 24/12/13 :D

• GreenFairy
    GreenFairy Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can I go down for €300 this month please? Adding €50 on to the usual as have a few bulk buys planned (box of loo roll, cases of soy milk and bulk washing up liquid/laundry liquid).
    Attempting to stay on track in the Grocery Challenge!

Occasionally blogging at CookingTheBooks!
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    OH drew the £300 out today and has placed £60 in wallet for petrol to fill up and another £20 incase he's out and we need anything, so he doesn't put on the card.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • stafftopets
    Options
    Same budget as last month please - £200. Determined to come in under budget as holidays in May so need to save as much as possible.

STP
    X
    Grocery Challenge: £42.13 /£100 September 2013
    Current Debt: £32,000 (31.08.13) :eek: Final LBM (31.08.13)
    Out of debt, out of danger - Joan Jonker
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    April GC starts tomorrow for us. Have updated sig to include 50% of last months AF order as I promised I would because this was nearly all dried goods which will last us months so I didn't include the whole spend in March.

April is a 5 week month and the kids are at home for 2 weeks so it will be a challenge but I am always up for one of those these days:)

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure